QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Okami!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Okami! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Okami!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not sure if this is strictly anime, but it's close. A few months ago I came across a game called Okami. I bought it. It was a great decision. This game is basically an episode in the life of the great white wolf god Okami Amaterasu, reborn from an ancient statue with the help of a beautiful wood sprite. Along to help Okami is Issun the Wandering Artist, a pea-sized, wise-cracking warrior. And then there is the mysterious Tao Master Waka ...

This game is unique thanks to it's previously untried art style. It has been designed in such a way that every scene looks exactly like a japanese brush painting.

Anyway, has anyone out there played this game? Do you like it? Do you have any questions about it? This is what this thread is for!

My Anime List

08.21.2007, 12:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never played, I don't play games as much as I did when I started high school, but I have seen it and the artwork looks absolutely beautiful.

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.21.2007, 12:26 PM.

08.21.2007, 12:02 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A slightly more detailed summary might interest me, although I'll never be able to play it, since I won't be able to get a hold of it.

On a side note, there's a site called Insani that translate games. One called Narcissu (visual novel) has an excellent storyline with a tear-jerker ending.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.21.2007, 12:24 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yes, it's one of my favourite games. I recommend it highly.

08.22.2007, 03:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooo! I've seen this. If I'd of known of it when it was released I would of probably played it, but it's too little to late I'm afraid. It looks great though. Surprisingly original!

08.22.2007, 05:57 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by frigidchill
Ooo! I've seen this. If I'd of known of it when it was released I would of probably played it, but it's too little to late I'm afraid. It looks great though. Surprisingly original!

I'm sure you could get ahold of it somewhere. It was released a couple of years ago but I got it only a couple of months ago. I'm sure you could order it on the net.

My Anime List

08.23.2007, 08:49 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:

I'm sure you could get ahold of it somewhere. It was released a couple of years ago but I got it only a couple of months ago. I'm sure you could order it on the net.

Oh yea I'm sure I could. But I'm going to be without my PS2 for uni so there would be no point in me buying it.

08.23.2007, 09:00 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh yea I'm sure I could. But I'm going to be without my PS2 for uni so there would be no point in me buying it.

Oh I see. Oh well, maybe you could get it when you finish if you still feel like it.

My Anime List

08.23.2007, 11:54 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh I see. Oh well, maybe you could get it when you finish if you still feel like it.

To tell you the truth if I end up in a flat somewhere then I will probably just buy another PS2 and get it. The one I have atm is really old, and so old I'm surprised it's still working. (All of my mates had them, and know they're on their second or third, but mine keeps going)

What's the gameplay like? (What do you have to do?)

08.23.2007, 12:00 PM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kazegami, for the sake of reading, could you reduce your signature so it doesn't take up such huge space? (your sig is 755x516, and if someone had a 800x600 screen, that actually would take up practically the whole screen )

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.23.2007, 01:31 PM.

08.23.2007, 12:25 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:

What? It came out this year.

08.24.2007, 03:02 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
quote:

What? It came out this year.

Did it? Oh ... well ... I read somewhere that it was released in 2005. Sorry I must have got it wrong.

My Anime List

08.24.2007, 08:45 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Cabooseshero
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cabooseshero Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This game is amazing in every form Story, Gameplay, Character, Graphics you name it, this game is easily one of the best games of last year. It's going to be released for the Wii in the next year, which should make for a whole new experience.

09.11.2007, 02:31 AM Cabooseshero is offline   Profile for Cabooseshero Add Cabooseshero to your buddy list Send an Email to Cabooseshero AIM Screenname: MSN: Cabooseshero@cableone.net
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
as far as I kno, thats still a rumor.
The idea is to kill pepople by painting brush strokes.
That of ocurse would make it a perfec fit for the wii...
but, lets see..

09.11.2007, 03:49 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks