QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Favorite fictional character
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Favorite fictional character Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.09.07
  Favorite fictional characterPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cabooseshero Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What is your favorite fictional character? i.e. from movies, books, tv shows, comic books.

09.04.2007, 12:47 AM Cabooseshero is offline   Profile for Cabooseshero Add Cabooseshero to your buddy list Send an Email to Cabooseshero AIM Screenname: MSN: Cabooseshero@cableone.net
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes.

You know, I thought that was going to be absurdly difficult, but it wasn't

09.04.2007, 01:58 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OMG!!!

I was just gonna say HOBBES from Calvin and Hobbes!!!

It was very surreal to see that response of yours.

09.04.2007, 02:23 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's between Harry Potter and Seto Kaiba I think. Harry is very brave and very handsome. Seto Kaiba is sarky, witty and incredibly handsome.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.05.2007, 08:36 AM.

09.04.2007, 08:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nice topic, ill throw you all one that none of you have heard of,

right now, my favourite would be Steven from the short story After I Was Thrown In The River, But Before I Drowned

probably the best dog character ever.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

09.04.2007, 10:25 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, this is hard but two books that I read in my youth have always stayed with me through my life and I re-read them often. One is Robert Heinlein’s 1950s teen-genre sci-fi novel “Starman Jones” and I have always liked the boy hero of that story, he just seems to me to be the perfect anti-hero: clueless, vulnerable, a bit dorky but ultimately he wins the day and saves the spaceship he’s on (if not the planet), but in this book I was introduced to the bittersweet literary trick of the hero not getting the heroine (who though she loved him went on to marry some rich guy who moved in circles way beyond his social grasp). That literary device touched me deeply and the way “Starman Jones” is written has influenced my writing style ever since. Little snippets of it appear often in my own writing. So yeah, Starman Jones is my favourite fictional character of all time.

After him I especially like H G Wells’ narrator character from “War of the Worlds”, not for any particular acts of heroism of strength of character (he’s actually a weak, cowardly, indecisive person) but because of the way the story is written – we learn all about this amazing Martian invasion of Victorian England but under that stunning sci-fi story we learn about this average newspaper columnist caught up in this cataclysm and we find out a lot about him, and so get a peek into the mind of the author himself. I especially like that type of autobiographical style (and I suspect there is a lot of Heinlein in Starman Jones too) and again it’s a device I’ve used and reused many times since.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.04.2007, 10:39 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

proberly either the foxwolf
ungatt trun
or slagar the cruel(my picture is of slagar)
all characters from redwall

then again robin hobb
nighteyes is awesome

09.04.2007, 09:46 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Cabooseshero
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cabooseshero Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Personally, My favs are
Hiro from Heroes
Nicholas D Wolfwood from Trigun
Hunter Thompson from Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Master Chief and Sergeant Johnson from Halo
Jimmy the hideous Penguin boy from Tim Burton's Melancholy death of Oysterboy and other stories.

09.05.2007, 02:26 AM Cabooseshero is offline   Profile for Cabooseshero Add Cabooseshero to your buddy list Send an Email to Cabooseshero AIM Screenname: MSN: Cabooseshero@cableone.net
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Jonathan Strange - from Johnathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
and
The Paranoids (a band) - from The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon

09.05.2007, 07:21 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Fangirl<3
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Fangirl<3 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite anime character is Sasuke from Naruto, favorite movie character is Jia-Ning from Eat Drink Man Woman & my favorite book character is Harry Potter from the series.

Post last edited by Fangirl<3 on 09.10.2007, 07:24 AM.

09.10.2007, 07:23 AM Fangirl<3 is offline   Profile for Fangirl<3 Add Fangirl<3 to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sam Vimes of the city watch of Ankh-Morpork

09.10.2007, 07:37 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is pretty difficult. However, among my favourites would be Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter and (kudos to Thug for reminding me) Death from Discworld.

09.10.2007, 11:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
ja
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.14.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ron Weasley from Harry Potter's series
Jim Hawkins from "Treasure Planet"
Dimitri from "Anastasia"
Shizuku froem "Whisper of heart"

Why so much stress?
Don't you have gains to get?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Love, night and rain - life is good
So try to luck and kill the pain
Tell me, do you always think you have no worth?
Find it in yourself!

07.15.2011, 04:52 PM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thomas the tank engine.
Ivor the engine.
Bagpuss.
Tiny clanger.
Nog bad the bad.

I have a thing for old tv.

07.15.2011, 05:07 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wow reviving an old one haha, my opinions have changed much since then (3 and a half years ago.....)

but fave characters would be;

still night eyes and fitz from robbin hobbs two trilogies there...

jon snow in a game of thrones + ghost

i also really like Shinobu from honey and clover at the moment,, i'm thinking that it was the best anime dub ive heard for ages

07.15.2011, 07:31 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Randle McMurphy from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (Book). I don't think a character has ever felt more real to me whilst reading, so utterly 3D, and I read a lot. He's this completely imperfect guy who finds himself pinned down by the hopes of the people around him, the saviour to this desperate collection of misfits. He didn't ask to be seen this way, at times he enjoys it and at others attempts to shake off this obligation. The penultimate chapters just blew me away. His actions and behaviour towards the end are just the ultimate definition of heroic for me - he isn't charging in on a white horse, is perfectly aware of the repurcussions of his actions and yet still rises up to meet the challenge set before him. I don't know what it is but I just felt for him so much more than any other fictional character I have previously.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 07.16.2011, 05:18 PM.

07.16.2011, 05:18 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So many characters, from books, novels, etc, are part of my life (almost friends)... To name three:

Aliosha Karamazov ("The brothers Karamazov", F. Dostoyevsky)
Bertie Wooster ("Jeeves" stories, P. G. Wodehouse)
Shizuku ("Whisper of the heart")

Post last edited by leonbloy on 07.17.2011, 01:49 AM.

07.17.2011, 01:49 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Sharix
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.20.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sharix Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hard to pick a favorite, but it's gotta be Nausicaä and the Scotsman from Samurai Jack.

07.17.2011, 07:33 PM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have so many favs that I just can't decide...

But

It was nice seeing some of the old names of members in here again. Hope some of them come back for a visit some time...

07.17.2011, 11:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sherlock Holmes.

Do I even need to elaborate?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.19.2011, 12:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks