QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Yu-Gi-Oh! (Duel Monsters Series)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Yu-Gi-Oh! (Duel Monsters Series) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Yu-Gi-Oh! (Duel Monsters Series)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK here's a thread for those among us who love the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Series. I guess you can post here if you hate it too, but please don't be too nasty!

So which character do you love? Which character do you hate? What's your favourite episode? Favourite Card?

Post your thoughts here!

My Anime List

09.04.2007, 03:33 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Momiji
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.28.07
  Seto Kaiba!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Momiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I rather like Yu-Gi-Oh ~ I've read some of the manga, and watched some of the animé. I own a number of the earliest Yu-Gi-Oh episodes on DVD, and I love the opening song! =D

My favourite character is definitely Seto Kaiba. I think it's his arrogance, indomitable spirit and perseverance that makes him such an interesting and enigmatic individual.

I haven't played the card game for two or more years... but my favourite card was "United We Stand". I was the only person at school who had one, and I loved the idea of all my monsters banding together and attacking as one. My first copy of that card was lost or stolen. Weeks later I got a second one in a booster pack! It was a very rare card, and the odds of a second one appearing were slim, but I was really happy to have a replacement.

09.04.2007, 04:35 PM Momiji is offline   Profile for Momiji Add Momiji to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Momiji
My favourite character is definitely Seto Kaiba. I think it's his arrogance, indomitable spirit and perseverance that makes him such an interesting and enigmatic individual.

Couldn't have put it better myself!

My Anime List

09.04.2007, 04:40 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow .. this thread is just so unbelievably popular ...

My Anime List

09.10.2007, 03:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i guess this just isnt the right audience or something.

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 09.10.2007, 08:22 PM.

09.10.2007, 08:21 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by ={HSA}= MORO

Well it is anime.

My Anime List

09.11.2007, 04:11 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:

Well it is anime.

yeah it is, wonder what could be done to res erect it

09.11.2007, 07:22 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:

Well it is anime.

yeah it is, wonder what could be done to res erect it

That's why I started this thread, to try to find some more people who liked it, and in due course discuss it, then more people would read it and maybe want to get into it ... but I guess it's not working ....

My Anime List

09.11.2007, 08:35 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Once upon a time I was a fan. The anime is quite dumn in my opinion, but because I know it fairly well, I find the Abridged Series very funny. I liked the card game too; I was always exploiting the rules.

quote:
Originally posted by Momiji
my favourite card was "United We Stand". I was the only person at school who had one

Once I got a card that nobody else had called Dark Ruler Ha Des. It was good, and (I assume) incredibly rare. In fact, nobody had it (not even the real geeks), until I finally gave in and traded it for a ridiculous number of excellent cards.

09.11.2007, 12:32 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Nah, I don't like the abridged series, too ... I don't know .. too crude for my taste. I hate Kuriboh. Love Dark Magician though.

My Anime List

09.11.2007, 05:01 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Once I got a card that nobody else had ... It was good, and (I assume) incredibly rare. In fact, nobody had it (not even the real geeks), until I finally gave in and traded it for a ridiculous number of excellent cards.

Hehe, you sound exactly like Kaiba!

My Anime List

09.12.2007, 02:44 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Correction: Kaiba says "you don't stand a ghost of a chance" every two minutes. I don't.

09.12.2007, 05:35 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i love yugioh so much...(you should be shocked cos im a girl)but i think they should stop with the 7 ep duels cos basically its just kaiba saying "im going to win"then yugi (or joey)giving him thheart of the cards/friendship speech.important morals,yeah,but it got old after the first few hundred times...joey is my fave character,and tristian.theyre funny.rebecca is kind of cool too,i spose..

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

09.25.2007, 12:21 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
JanJosé
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JanJosé Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i agree, and they only use 4000 Lp imagine a 8000 dule lol.

My fav card is E-Hero Wild heart, coz my m8 uses alot of traps. I hate the god cards coz my m8 uses them and im sure he keeps making up effects, I can still beat them though

09.28.2007, 05:09 AM JanJosé is offline   Profile for JanJosé Add JanJosé to your buddy list Send an Email to JanJosé
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by JanJosé
i agree, and they only use 4000 Lp imagine a 8000 dule lol.

My fav card is E-Hero Wild heart, coz my m8 uses alot of traps. I hate the god cards coz my m8 uses them and im sure he keeps making up effects, I can still beat them though

HUh? I thought the god cards werent allowed!

My Anime List

09.28.2007, 08:27 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

It depends on the version you play. There's one when you can use anything, and one when you have to stick to the huge and ever-growing banned list.

Those god cards are probably fake, unless your friend has loads of money to throw around.

09.28.2007, 12:26 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i once got a god card.then i saw it didnt have the shiny foil authenticity bit and i was sad.really stoked there for a while...

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

09.30.2007, 12:53 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
JanJosé
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JanJosé Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i dont like to use ne forbidden cards, mine is completly tourney ready but my m8 uses loads, i think ur allowed one god card but im not sure

10.01.2007, 06:28 AM JanJosé is offline   Profile for JanJosé Add JanJosé to your buddy list Send an Email to JanJosé
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmm i liked it a few years ago but sold them in year 8
i thought that they were a waste of money

10.01.2007, 09:15 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oh but my fav characters were bakura and merick but i also like the sea card guy

10.01.2007, 09:16 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks