QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - new thoughts for a series?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » new thoughts for a series? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: your opinon
there should be a new show about the grim reaper
there shouldn't be a new show about the grim reaper
Results
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.14.07
new thoughts for a series?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jigsaw jr. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

( Any NEW thoughts as to a series. Particularily having to do with the GRIM REAPER .

09.14.2007, 04:52 PM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Actually, there's already one recent short series called Shinigami no Ballad, a series of shorts about a young Shinigami with a heart, and the people she deals with.

The best thing about her: she cries for the dead. Now how many reapers do you know that does that?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.15.2007, 12:00 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The grim reaper is creepy. I don't like the grim reaper.

My Anime List

09.16.2007, 09:24 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, the grim adventures of billy and mandy pretty much ruined the whole 'grim reaper' thing for me

09.17.2007, 09:35 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There are lots and lots of Shinigami stories. Off the top of my head, Full moon, death note, boogiepop phantom (i think), MONONOKE, Yu Yu Hakusho.

Billy and Mandy is awful, though I did notice a mononoke reference in it once.

09.18.2007, 10:20 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Actually, there's already one recent short series called Shinigami no Ballad, a series of shorts about a young Shinigami with a heart, and the people she deals with.

The best thing about her: she cries for the dead. Now how many reapers do you know that does that?

I loved that series.^^ *yeah, the last and first episode were the ones who made her bawl her eyes out. I love animes that can make me think that sort of thing.*

There's also Zombie Loan, but it's basically all is the main character has shingami eyes.

And me and my friends will probably make up a shingami of our own. XD We're too used to calling grim reapers that because my friends say shingami fits me too perfectly. o_O

09.19.2007, 08:20 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

if you want to sound threataning dont name yourself 'boogiepop phantom

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

09.25.2007, 12:06 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The best creative execution of the Grim Reaper concept is Grim Fandango, by far. But it's a video game, not a series.

09.25.2007, 05:36 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Grim Fandango is cool.

Also, in the Discworld books, Death is my favourite character. He rocks.

09.26.2007, 03:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.14.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jigsaw jr. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what I ment was do any of yal have thoughts for one, besides billy and mandy don't count.

10.04.2007, 04:47 PM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks