QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Death Note
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Death Note » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Death NotePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Any fans out there? It's immensly popular in Japan.
What have you guys watched/read?

The movies?
Anime?
Manga?

The starry sky is twinkling again, this earth is exalted with tears.
The galloping time shines its light, and this world without you is my "FANTASY".

09.18.2007, 05:49 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

there are a few fans here, i however, am not one of them, its not like i dont like the series, i just havent seen it and havent been motivated too.

right now im addicted to Gundam SEED, and im trying to get some good screen caps to go for a new sig, my old one is out dated.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

09.18.2007, 07:00 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
sho
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha. Coutesy of me. Gundam SEED Destiny is really good too - you should watch it after.

The galloping time shines its light, and this world without you is my "FANTASY".

09.18.2007, 07:18 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah thanks for that, i was thinking of watching it anyways, but i wanted a seal of someone to make sure it was good. i heard Destiny was crap, but that is just from animesuki, they missed with a few series.

in off-topicness of this board, i love Cagalli, she is right cool in SEED, im making a sig of her as we speak, i just need a good motion avatar of her and im set, i might do a Lacus one as a counter ballance, but i dont want to crowd my sig box as usuall.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

Post last edited by Miyrru on 09.18.2007, 07:30 PM.

09.18.2007, 07:30 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, hn, it seems I got some people at school and in the city hooked after I said "A death note can kill people." XD Hn..1, 2, 3, 4....Uh, more than that..I don't know how many. XD

Great. lol XD They thought "Meh..I don't wanna watch it or read it. T_T" until I said that sentence. XD wondrous me. LOL

My mom likes it. It was supposed to even be on TV here, but frig, they took it off at last minute.

09.18.2007, 08:39 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched the first few episodes and for a while I was actually interested in the mystery plot, but eventually it became an obvious shounen series and I lost interest in it.

09.18.2007, 09:17 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've read the first couple of volumes of manga, and yeah, I got tired of it too. Not that it was bad. Most shounen doesn't usually appeal to me.

09.18.2007, 10:18 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
sho
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually, it is far from shounen all the way through...

IMO.
The anime series is amazing. It's probably up there in my top 10.

09.18.2007, 10:26 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't tried the anime, so I'll take your word for it for now, and check it out some time when I'm not so busy. (as it turns out, I'm usually only online these days when I'm studying as well)

And yeah, it is shounen all the way through, it is a shounen jump series, which makes it shounen. Shounen isn't really a genre, it's a publication demographic and consequently a large range of loosely related art styles.

09.18.2007, 10:29 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's more of a macabre detective story.

I saw the movies and read the manga. Movies were lukewarm (never expected much anyway), manga was much better.

Of course, me being me, I never can get over the fact how there are so many glaring holes in their logic. Still, kudos to the author for trying.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.19.2007, 01:05 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember there was so much hype about this. I watched the movie and it was enjoyable enough. I never got around to watching the anime. But it's worth a watch?

09.19.2007, 01:56 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
sho
Ohmu

The movie is Ok. I never expected too much either. But the anime is outstanding. As is the manga.

It really is more of a psychological thriller rather than shounen, which usually has a lot of action.

09.19.2007, 02:18 AM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't like shounen except for most stuff by CLAMP and Death Note. Oh, and it seems whenever I say stuff about the people who did the manga and such, everyones like "Gimme it. *drools* Creepy. >.< And the mangas kinda hard to find because people buy it on me. XD Now, to find all those box sets I wanted of a few animes..

09.19.2007, 08:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

no offense but i hate this show.light is an evil git.accually i dont know why im on this forum.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.04.2007, 10:54 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i've heard of it but never seen or read it

10.04.2007, 10:57 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

it sounds unpleasant,if that anime mag was any indication.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.04.2007, 11:03 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks