QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Musical Instruments..?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Musical Instruments..? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Musical Instruments..?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What instrument do you play??
Whether you played the bassoon when you were ten or your the child of Jimi Hendrix... i want to hear about it.

To get started, I've been teaching myself acoustic and electric guitar for the past four years or so, but havent bothered with learning even the basics of actual music theory yet.
Also quite enjoy bass, though i don't own one myself.

09.23.2007, 10:00 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I play piano and saxophone pretty well, and I'm learning violin. A little bit of everything, really.

09.23.2007, 10:07 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Although I'm really not a musical person, I can play the flute pretty well. I used to play violin, and was actually pretty good at it, but then I stopped. I sort of wish I hadn't...

09.23.2007, 10:14 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Started with the recorder ^^
Then I played the clarinet for a while and then the oboe. Later I picked up the saxephone but I have played anything new for the last couple of years.

09.23.2007, 10:14 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ye, its easy to just kind of.. stop playing an instrument.
i am leaving both my guitars unstrung for the next couple months because i have revision/exams/tertiary education planning to deal with but i have to get back into it afterwards, thought that shouldn't be to hard.

09.23.2007, 10:19 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Piano, recently won a local competition, though I'm not going to enter anything higher up than that. That is my main instrument, but I have some experience with saxophone, clarinet, bamboo flutes, and some interesting percussion.

09.23.2007, 10:21 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Drums are my thing, been playing for aboot 4-5 years and been in and out of about a billion failed bands

09.23.2007, 10:24 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
OnYourMark
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OnYourMark Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Flute, Ukulele, Ocarina, Piano, Guitar...
i'm not too good with the last two though =(

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.

09.23.2007, 11:06 PM OnYourMark is offline   Profile for OnYourMark Add OnYourMark to your buddy list Homepage of OnYourMark AIM Screenname: OnYourMarkItsumo
T.C.
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

why must everyone be so talented!?

09.23.2007, 11:07 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Guitar and Trumpet (and local instrument timple).

Always wanted to learn the violin.

09.24.2007, 05:41 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Amori
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Amori Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Darn, you all are way more dedicated than I am...I played the piano for a few years when I was a kid, but eventually quit. I don't even own any instruments anymore. Maybe someday I'll learn to play the violin, it's always been my favorite to listen to.

09.24.2007, 05:45 AM Amori is offline   Profile for Amori Add Amori to your buddy list Send an Email to Amori Homepage of Amori AIM Screenname: Chelzaya
T.C.
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Amori
Darn, you all are way more dedicated than I am...I played the piano for a few years when I was a kid, but eventually quit. I don't even own any instruments anymore. Maybe someday I'll learn to play the violin, it's always been my favorite to listen to.

if you want to start playing then just buy an instrument first of all... even the lowest of quality instruments.. if you really want to play then having it in your room or somewhere you walk past all the time you will start playing and catch on quickly and become "dedicated".

Welcome by the way, i see your pretty new here.

09.24.2007, 05:52 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can sorta play drums, and I like to mess about with keyboards, but I don't think either case really counts.

09.24.2007, 02:17 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I play keyboard quite a lot. I'm not great yet. And I sing too. I'm not sure if I'm good or not, but I really enjoy it so I guess that's the main thing.

My Anime List

09.24.2007, 02:21 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i used to play the alto saxophone, but i wasnt very good, i took it in music at school.

i wanna play guitar and piano. but im not devouted to music enough to make a serious effort.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

09.24.2007, 02:32 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
T.C.
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I can sorta play drums, and I like to mess about with keyboards, but I don't think either case really counts.

yes it counts. besides, once youve started playing something then you might find everything else comes easier, definitely similar instruments.

09.24.2007, 09:08 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

drums and keyboard arent that similar, sept keyboards do alot of the time have drum beats on them

09.24.2007, 09:20 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
T.C.
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by ={HSA}= MORO
drums and keyboard arent that similar, sept keyboards do alot of the time have drum beats on them

yes i know, i just meant that any instrument can be used as a platform to others.
Drums not so much, but keyboard can lead to various melody based instruments, including, most obviously, the piano.

Youll usually find that someone who is good at electric guitar is good at acoustic and can grasp at least the basics of bass for example, and often acoustic guitar is just used as a launchpad into electric for beginners.

09.24.2007, 09:24 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

yeah true, also i alot of people that i know that play guitar can also play teh keyboard / piano cuz the notes are the same 'abcdefg'
as long as they know where they're located on the keyboard

09.24.2007, 09:28 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
T.C.
Totoro

thats true.. not for me though, i dont know notes or the first thing about reading music.. i just play. i do still muck around on my piano though, but its out of tune and old.

09.24.2007, 09:31 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks