QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Heroes
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Heroes » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.07
  HeroesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JanJosé Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

bit off manga, tho isaac's paintings have a manga quality bout em, does ne2 watch Heroes?

10.12.2007, 05:48 AM JanJosé is offline   Profile for JanJosé Add JanJosé to your buddy list Send an Email to JanJosé
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, I'm watching it (season one is just running in the UK on BBC2 ATM). I'm really enjoying it too, its a nice twist on the superpowers genre, very entertaining and with its good share of "Whoa!" moments.

I'm kicking myself. I wish I'd written it! I've been trying to think up an original story premise for ages now - still nothing!

I don't agree the paintings have a manga qualty though. Not at all, they are pure western pop-art.

10.12.2007, 07:58 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
JanJosé
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JanJosé Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

true mant do, but especially the ones with Hiro and Ando (ironically neither of which are japanese) are very manga

Post last edited by JanJosé on 10.16.2007, 09:51 AM.

10.15.2007, 08:39 AM JanJosé is offline   Profile for JanJosé Add JanJosé to your buddy list Send an Email to JanJosé
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been watching it, but I'm way behind at the moment. I don't really think that the art is manga-style either. Also, why is it ironic that Hiro and Ando aren't Chinese?

10.15.2007, 08:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hiro and ando are my fave characters.i felt so sorry for hiro when charlie died.
i liked how the named him hiro,its a pun for the show.i like how theyre japanese,sometimes i can understand what theyre saying without lookin at the subs.
heroes has turned 'save the cheerleader save the world' into a classic tv quote.i hope peter didnt die.and i hope syler is dead.they hinted he wasnt

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.15.2007, 11:28 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
JanJosé
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JanJosé Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im not sure wat part ur at rite now, Ando is played by James Kyson Lee and is Korean, he can't even speak japanese fluently lol and Hiro is played by Misa Oka and is American clearly he can speak english even though Hiro can't.

Post last edited by JanJosé on 10.16.2007, 09:52 AM.

10.16.2007, 09:50 AM JanJosé is offline   Profile for JanJosé Add JanJosé to your buddy list Send an Email to JanJosé
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im australian.we aint even got the second season yet.
isaac was cool,it was sad when simone(is that her name?)was killed.

10.16.2007, 07:30 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
JanJosé
Kodama

ur ruinin it for me, i dont think anyone officially has the second season yet, Im Northern Irish so I've been Watchin on BBC2/3 and have only seen as far as episode 15 "RUN" so dont be ruinin it lol

10.17.2007, 09:43 AM JanJosé is offline   Profile for JanJosé Add JanJosé to your buddy list Send an Email to JanJosé
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i thought that heroes, prison break and all those american shows are just a load of cr#p

10.17.2007, 09:13 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

i think some american shows are alright,but the accents drive me up the wall.
i hate reality shows like "idol"bothe aussie and yanky)
and "so tou think you can dance".big brother is also evil.
heroes is compelling,but a bit gory.

10.17.2007, 11:33 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Very good show. Unfortunately, though I followed the first season pretty well, I haven't kept up with the new season at all, and I'm afraid it'll be tough to get into again.

Still, it's one of the most compelling television shows currently running (and besides, it's actually on one of the three channels I get). When I have time, I'll try to get back into it.

10.18.2007, 12:55 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

its a whole lot better then 'lost' turned out to be.
the just went off in the end,the last ep made no sense!

10.18.2007, 09:54 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks