QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  The Melancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm downloading this as we speak, and have seen a number of sigs floating around of it. But has anyone here seen it? Is it any good?

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.21.2007, 01:52 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't and its on my list of Stuff To Watch. I think its mostly harmless school days/harem anime but I definitely like the artwork, Haruhi herself is very cute.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.21.2007, 02:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's something I've really been meaning to see, as it seems to be completely mental and therefore right up my street. Let me know what you think, I'll be watching it at some point anyway.

10.21.2007, 02:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen it and liked it quite a bit actually. There's a lot supernatural stuff in there. Also, the episodes are also not in chronological order, so it was fun trying to figure that out.

Give it a go, I think you'll like it ^_^

10.21.2007, 02:29 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nice, good reviews, 3 hours-ish till i can start watching it.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.21.2007, 02:35 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In that case, I might just watch the first episode on Veoh now to spite you.

10.21.2007, 02:36 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

fine, be that way

i have downloaded way to much anime, it would be nice if SEED Destiny was finished in english, but I'm getting impatient so i might have to switch to the japanese version.

Click for Gallery^^

10.21.2007, 02:39 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's quirky and it definitely has really made a name for itself in the anime world. Is it good? I would say it's different and unique enough to separate it from all the other comedy/high school type anime.

10.21.2007, 03:24 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen it! Its great, very zany and... different. I also have the proper episode sequence written down if anyone's interested.

10.21.2007, 03:35 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Episodes in the wrong order? Ooh, strange.

Why? Just to amuse the viewers? Or does the out-of-sequence episodes show up something else? Is it a deliberate puzzle that has a meaning to the story or just fun?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.21.2007, 03:43 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The episodes were aired in a non-linear order, with the only episode that was in it's proper place chronologically being episode 12.

A stylistic choice, I suppose. Don't know why it was done like that but it was interesting trying to sort it out.

10.21.2007, 03:50 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

It was based on a book series, so maybe it was already like that? If that's the case, I still have no idea why it would have been like that in the first place. Maybe it is just for fun.

10.21.2007, 03:52 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Well the general plotline is from the first novel and then there are several stories inserted from a few other novels...so maybe to make it all flow?

10.21.2007, 03:56 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

that is an interesting little quirk. Still sounds interesting, I think i'll enjoy it.

Click for Gallery^^

10.21.2007, 04:04 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think that would just annoy me.

hmmm... goes to PM Maho for the right episode order...

10.21.2007, 04:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

joining you in that.

Click for Gallery^^

10.21.2007, 04:10 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ive heard its supposed to be very good.
I was looking for some new good anime comedy series anyway.
Im not sure if this is it though.

10.21.2007, 04:23 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

There's the order:

Episode 2 - "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I"
Episode 3 - "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II"
Episode 5 - "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III"
Episode 10 - "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV"
Episode 13 - "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V"
Episode 14 - "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI"
Episode 4 - "The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya"
Episode 7 - "Mystérique Sign"
Episode 6 - "Remote Island Syndrome (Part I)"
Episode 8 - "Remote Island Syndrome (Part II)"
Episode 1 - "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina - Episode 00"
Episode 12 - "Live Alive"
Episode 11 - "The Day of Sagittarius"
Episode 9 - "Someday in the Rain"

Hm, I guess you could watch it in the proper order to begin with...but try it the way it was meant to be watched afterwards, if you like it. It's quite interesting.

Post last edited by fenkashi on 10.21.2007, 04:37 PM.

10.21.2007, 04:33 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

I love this show!

im hooked, it reminds me of sola, and that is good as i really wanted another sola. Check it out, it is pretty funny, and has a good deal of weirdness associated with it, I'm watching it in order, I can't imagine seeing it out of order, it can be pretty strange at times.

Click for Gallery^^

10.22.2007, 02:00 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

O_O

Good? That's insulting. It generated a humongous cult following worldwide. That's how big it is.

The original novels itself weren't printed in chronological order, the same way the Sherlock Holmes series was. The director just decided to keep it that way.

In fact, watching it in the "correct" order and it'll be just another school/scifi anime series, nothing interesting. My opinion, anyhow, especially considering how ep14, Someday in the Rain, is a totally actionless anime depicting a perfectly normal day. Not the best way to wind up an anime. Similarly, ep11, while initially confusing and weird, has an excellent ending, perfect for generating interest.

The second season will be out soon btw.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.23.2007, 09:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks