QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  ...    »  ]
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

aaand it was like if they came up with the story while putting some 4yo child to sleep. visuals are not making me happy either. waste of time, basically.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

11.05.2016, 11:39 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Best to discuss anime here then

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.05.2016, 12:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is that section of the forum, after all.

11.05.2016, 09:33 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yuri on Ice Episode 7

11.17.2016, 09:29 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Yuri on Ice Episode 7

Or as I so eloquently put it.

I don't remember the last time I got that kind of joy from an anime. I cried a little.

My Anime List

11.18.2016, 02:51 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Yuri on Ice Episode 7

Or as I so eloquently put it.

I don't remember the last time I got that kind of joy from an anime. I cried a little.

My sister's not even watching it but she's into it so much just because of tumblr.

I didn't cry but I think it was because I was having a bad day. I just felt I related to Yuri way too much and it physically pained me to watch and listen to him. I don't think I've EVER felt like I could relate with a fictional character so much before. I felt like crying long after I'd watched the episode though. Ugh, so many feelings. I need to rewatch it tonight.

Where was this anime when I was doing my presentation on Boys' Love?

11.18.2016, 08:52 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

holy jesus, it turns out Kubo and the Two Strings is stop motion? am going to watch it now.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

11.18.2016, 07:32 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently watching Hellsing Ultimate, Assassination Classroom, I can't understand what my husband is saying(nice short, funny anime), twin star exorcists(waiting for more eps)

11.18.2016, 10:26 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I tried the first episode of Orange today and the first two of Gintama. Orange was... alright, but some reviews I read have left me very disinclined to continue. Gintama wasn't bad either. I'm sure it gets better.

What I'd like to do now is go onto the second seasons of Tokyo Ghoul and Owari no Seraph, but I'm going to need to look up some detailed episode synopses, because it's been just a bit too long...

My Anime List

11.19.2016, 03:28 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
I tried the first episode of Orange today and the first two of Gintama. Orange was... alright, but some reviews I read have left me very disinclined to continue. Gintama wasn't bad either. I'm sure it gets better.

What I'd like to do now is go onto the second seasons of Tokyo Ghoul and Owari no Seraph, but I'm going to need to look up some detailed episode synopses, because it's been just a bit too long...

I haven't watched the anime for Orange but it was one of my favourite manga series. Kind of broke my heart though.. The author had to fight and switch publication companies because the original publisher refused to do the story her way so I think it wound up not exactly how she wanted. At least that's what I think happened, I forget now.

I'm at the point with TG where I'm waiting for :re to be over so I can read it in one go. lol Reading that manga weekly is like a roller coaster of nonsense.

11.19.2016, 09:32 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Orange was good! The production did take a big tumble in the middle, which is a shame because it made me feel less enthusiastic about it afterwards, but on the whole I think it's still worth watching.

11.19.2016, 11:44 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

So, let's see... I did finish the second season of Tokyo Ghoul. The ending was unforgiveable and makes me cross.

Over the last couple of days I started and just now finished Death Parade. It was good! I enjoyed it. However, it needed to be twice as long. I feel there was a lot of lost potential with this one simply due to lack of time, things couldn't be properly explored and explained, nor then concluded, and in the end it felt slightly muddled and rushed. Still, it had some great moments. Fun ones, poignant ones. I give it a 7.5/10.

My Anime List

11.26.2016, 11:43 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Started and finished Mononoke. This was an interesting one. In a similar vein to Mushishi. The art style takes some getting used to at first, but I came to enjoy it. Never did I completely understand the stories, but I feel the ambiguity is intentional. It'd be in keeping with the tone of the series. Anyway, I would recommend this series if you're in the mood for something strange. I did love the Medicine Seller and his ever so carefully enunciated sentences.

My Anime List

11.28.2016, 06:59 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

some of people here were yuri on ice fans, right?

check this.

11.28.2016, 07:00 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

^ It's so neat how real figure skaters are getting into it! I know there are a few, and some characters, performances, and outfits etc in the show are references to real life.

This week's episode was glorious. I cried again.

Spoiler!, highlight to read.

Yurio's performance was incredible, I'm so happy for him. And seeing the way he interacted with Yuuri made him love him much more than before. I normally can't stand tsundere characters, but little Yurio... ah. <3 I'm glad his grandfather was there to see him skate so well.

And then the ending with Viktor and Yuuri reunited at the airport. MY HEART. AND NOW THEY'RE PRACTICALLY ENGAGED.

My Anime List

12.02.2016, 12:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:

AND NOW THEY'RE PRACTICALLY ENGAGED.

AND NOW THEY'RE LITERALLY ENGAGED, OH MY KAMI-SAMA.

This show is making history, and so beautifully. I want to watch this for the rest of my life. ; w ;

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 12.08.2016, 08:44 AM.

12.08.2016, 08:43 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I was screaming half the episode, half hitting my sister to watch it with me.

12.08.2016, 12:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Should I watch it? It seems to have some -ahem- dedicated fans here. Do you think it would be my kind of thing?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.08.2016, 12:49 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think it could be enjoyed by pretty much everyone. I'd give it a shot. I wasn't originally going to watch it because I'm not into sports themed anime but then I thought I would give it a shot. Was hooked from the first episode and was reminded of how much I loved ice skating growing up.

Yuuri is very relatable, I feel like he's the type of character a lot of my Japanese friends needed, especially the ones in their final years of university or who've recently graduated. I know I needed him, didn't know how much so until I started watching it.

12.08.2016, 02:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I wonder. I am very biased, but I truly do think it's a very well written show with likeable characters that have humanity and depth. And putting the romance aside for two seconds, it's often very funny, too. I mean, you might find the homoeroticism a tad full-on, but... I don't know, it's not the kind of thing that you'd see in an ecchi series for instance, it doesn't feel very sexual; the focus is on romance. So I think it wouldn't make for too uncomfortable viewing for someone who doesn't swing that way. The soundtrack and animation have been good too; I preordered the OST yesterday.

My Anime List

12.08.2016, 10:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks