QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  137  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  ...    »  ]
4minute
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by 4minute Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I now sat down on the Korean dorama. Who looked at the flowers after the berries?

05.11.2018, 05:23 AM 4minute is offline   Profile for 4minute Add 4minute to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jusomekid
Durarara!!

This one is really good slice of life. But it's painfully long, like 60 episodes. Idk if I ever finish it

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

05.15.2018, 04:42 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The first season is 20-something episodes and that's the best bit of it, really. You can continue past that, but I found it a bit weak later on. It never really became as enjoyable as the first season.

05.16.2018, 05:06 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I only ever saw the first season myself and it's still one of my all-time favourites. Not sure what genre I'd call it, but it wouldn't be slice of life.

My Anime List

05.16.2018, 03:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tried watching "Kamichu" and gave up at the first disc... It just couldn't hold my interest...

06.12.2018, 11:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Been watching Black Lagoon with my flatmates. Really enjoying it, it's a lot of fun and the writing is great.

My Anime List

06.13.2018, 09:38 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally got round to starting season 3 of My Hero Academia. Sadly the first episode is mostly recap, so that was a bit dull, but it's out of the way now. I haven't really heard much about the story in this season so I'm hoping for some surprises.

06.16.2018, 08:58 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching 'Kimi Ni Todoke'... I have I've finished the first disc and am on ep 3 of the second-season's 13...

I was flipping channels just now and found a documentary on Miyamoto Musashi that is mostly real life with martial artist Mark Dacascos narrating and combined clips of samurai films and anime clips in the telling of his life. Touring from Mushashi's hometown in Japan and following the paths of his travels and telling his life and showing demonstrations of his two-sword technique.

I've seen this before, but feel like watching it again.

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.08.2018, 12:46 AM.

07.08.2018, 12:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished Disc 2 of "Sekiri's" today, a netflix disc. I had previously seen disc 1 last week.

Two things about the series that I want to note...

WAY,WAY TOO MUCH Fan-service. IMO, it was way overboard in that respect.

The second thing that I want to mention is that I was enjoying the storyline. IMO, it was a connected story that you didn't figure out until well into the series, which was the reason that I ordered the second disc. I just tried to concentrate on the story as it was unfolding and ignoring the ongoing and constant fan-service.
There are more disc's I understand, but I've seen where the story was going and that is enough...

07.08.2018, 04:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Recently I've been rewatching Tenchi Muyo after many many years. I never watched it properly in the past, so it's pretty fun to see what was actually going on. I've now finished the first OVA series, which I don't think I saw much of before, but it was fun even if the plot development was a bit rushed.

07.14.2018, 09:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

rising half-moon sky was only 6 episodes, and so good, final episodes specifically. I am disappointed it took me so much time to discover it.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

07.20.2018, 04:15 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Kubo and the Two Strings". I think that I may have seen either it or another similar movie before. Regardless, it was pretty good.

07.28.2018, 06:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

From this season I'm watching Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight. I heard about it a while ago, and the idea of a series about a Takarazuka-style theatre caught my attention. It's actually part of a big multi-media project, so it does follow popular styles a bit more than I'd like, but the director worked on Penguindrum and there are points where it definitely shows. If that side of it becomes more prominent, then I think it should turn out pretty good.

Anybody else watching anything currently airing?

08.02.2018, 06:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

imo the best ongoing series is banana fish, no homo)

08.06.2018, 03:59 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

ok banana fish is nice and all, but it is just 25 minutes per week, so I've been checking around,

and I hit this hidden gem - The Eternity You Desire

it blew me away, bypassing my expectations from highschool romance anime by a landslide.

08.18.2018, 11:57 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I watching a little something called "Someday Dreamers"... The act ion sequences and drawing are not anything like a Ghibli, and the first four episodes left me wondering and I almost cancelled the next disc, but decided to give it another go... I'm glad I did as I am enjoying it more now. Only one more disc, I think, but I will check up on that part of it and see...

09.23.2018, 04:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.04.2018, 12:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

if any one of you enjoyed ghibli's laputa, try dragon dentist. it's not entirely like that, but somewhat similar.

10.16.2018, 09:16 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Last night I watched The Night is Short, Walk On Girl. It was fun!

11.05.2018, 08:46 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

I saw Zoku Owarimonogatari at the cinema yesterday. It's still pretty hard for me to watch without subtitles, but luckily because they talk SO much, I could get enough to follow it. Also, since the book was released a few years ago, there's a wiki with a very detailed plot summary, so that helped fill in the gaps.

11.23.2018, 09:16 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  137  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks