QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...    »  ]
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
And yet I can't seem to stop watching it, Mm I think it has some sort of secret addiction.

Tell me about it, I've not watched the anime as yet but the manga is very addictive, and yes, it probably is the cat ears.
Oh and the character names: lettuce for example? Thats genius!
quote:
Currently just finishing off the last 4 eps of Saikano - I think I am enjoying it more than the first time, Akemi's death is still the emo highpoint though

Lol, I agree with that. Maybe it is worth watching a second time then...
quote:
I took a look at "High School Girls" hoping it might be romance style, sat thru two episodes then gave up. Its rubbish, fanservicey rubbish. One to avoid.

Once again I agree.
quote:
Also rewatching Haruhi for the 4th time, man I love this show. After EVA and KK its the show I've watched most now, and is possibly my 4th favourite of all time, Haibane being in 3rd place.

Eva is just awesome, I got the platinum collection around christmas time and consider it the best money I have spent for a long time. Haruhi is great, and I find new reasons to love it every time I watch it, I think the last one would have been viewing number 3 or 4.

Is "KK" kare Kano? If so I do think it's very good.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.21.2008, 03:59 PM.

01.21.2008, 03:58 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yup, KK = Kare Kano and it's been a good while since I watched that and I'm getting twitchy. *does funny thing with left eye*

Some anime I can watch once and let go, not caring if I see it again, others draw me back time after time and these seem to become more enjoyable each time I watch them, and I see new things too. EVA of course fits that description (platinum set here too ), Haruhi as well. That one is just delicious to look at, the animation is just plain bloody brilliant, lovely artwork. I mean I can sit and watch that ED dance routine ALL DAY! Although funnily enough I don't like Haruhi's eyes - too far apart, other than that its awesome, and very funny.

Not sure what to watch next... *twiddles thumbs*

Might go for OHSHC, much to Kaz's delight. Or rewatch Furuba?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.21.2008, 04:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ouran High School Host Club *Big Sparkly Anime Eyes* no matter what its hard to dislike that show....

Lol I want to re-watch the later episodes again since i've only watch it all the way through once.

01.21.2008, 04:26 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've just done it again!!!!!!
Typed out a response in the RP thread (it took me 45 mins!) only to have it get deleted when the forum logged me out. I know I should have learned my lesson the first time but still, grrrrr.

Back to the subject.

One of my favourite animes ever is still "kanon" the 2006 version. Artistically I rate it higher than Haruhi, although it doesn't even come close to Eva (after all, what does?). The storylines can seem a little long-winded but they are still very very emotive. I know I've ranted about them before but it honest to God is very good. Not sure what you'd think saddles, perhaps treat it as so-so, probably due to the fact that kanon doesn't try to be as clever as it's counterparts. It's very cliché, but thats where the charm is.

And is sister series still being released at the moment is looking to be even better. 14 episodes in and loving it. Still no Cameo from Ayu yet though.

01.21.2008, 05:02 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Atradius
Ohmu

Watch OHSHC first though. You'll enjoy that more I think, and more people on the forums have seen it.

01.21.2008, 05:03 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep, I've heard good things about Kanon. It's on the list. Don't feel too stupid, it cost me 4 or 5 long heartfelt posts wiped by the forum before I got into the routine of drafting out in Word first.

Or you can copy the post before you hit 'reply' and it'll be safe on your clipboard.

But it sounds like something is wrong with your options/login as I never get logged out, I just get weird wiping of the page, I'm still logged in.

Um, sorry, OT. Carry on in the RPG tech thread if you need to.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.21.2008, 06:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, Kanon was very sweet. Cliched sure, but sweet. Though the slow pace almost made me give up on it...almost. I'm glad I didn't though ^_^

I think part of what kept me going was the animation. Seriously beautiful stuff. It didn't even bother me how sad it was xP

01.21.2008, 06:32 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Yeah it is slow paced, but I think thats where alot of it's charm comes from in the first place. It's really relaxing yto watch as everything is explained in detail for you, as the characters monologue their stories out in detail. It really is gripping stuff, especially the ill girl's story. Shiori I think her name was, she almost made me cry.

I think thats what was lacking in Air too, tyhe story wasn't explained very well, neither was the backstory of the main character. I liked him in general far less than Tomoya and Kyon (the main guys in Clannad and Kanon respectively). Anyway enough about those anime, I could talk about them for ever if given half the chance.

As for me, I started watching Tsubasa Chronicle yesterday morining, it's one of those terribly cheesy clamp manga iny eyes so it follows the same pattern for me. I.E a heroine I adore (how can people not like sakura ??) and a hero I can't stand. I'm on episode 9 now I think, and I'm nonetheless hooked on it, the soundtrack to it is one of the best I've heard in a long time. When watching the first episode yesterday I'd rewinded about 7/8 mins back through it just to listen to the music again. And it's been a loog time since I've done that.

Also this week I picked up the boxed set of Excel Saga on DVD. Now I love Excel saga but really couldn't stand the voice of Excel in the dub version (when I first watched it online I had watched the sub) but upon watching it through again on the large TV in my living room i think I've found renewed appreciation for it. She irritates the crap out of me, but thats why I love her even more now.

Plus Hyatt has a great voice actor doing her, as do the Ropponmatsu's.

01.24.2008, 04:38 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
As for me, I started watching Tsubasa Chronicle yesterday morining, it's one of those terribly cheesy clamp manga iny eyes so it follows the same pattern for me. I.E a heroine I adore (how can people not like sakura ??) and a hero I can't stand. I'm on episode 9 now I think, and I'm nonetheless hooked on it, the soundtrack to it is one of the best I've heard in a long time. When watching the first episode yesterday I'd rewinded about 7/8 mins back through it just to listen to the music again. And it's been a loog time since I've done that.
You called Tsubasa cheesy... T_T How could you?

Personally, I think Tsubasa's the best anime I've ever seen. Not that that's actually saying much.

And WOW! The soundtrack! I am 100% with you on that one. ALL the music is just beautiful. I adore it. So much.

And Fai is just... gorgeous!

My Anime List

01.24.2008, 04:42 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

currently watching Mai HiME. I think I'm gonna drop it though, the series is just moving really slowly and i cant really get into it. So I am audible-ing to Kaze no Stigma and then going to watch Elfen Lied after that.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.24.2008, 04:42 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

quote:

Ok ok, that might be a bit unfair so I'll clarify what I meant.

I watch way too much parody-styled anime, things like genshiken, lucky star and excel saga, that are focused at an Otaku audience. They frequently contain cameo's and various other "rip-off" scenes that poke fun at the maho-shojo genre. Thus whenever I watch anime in that syle, such as TRC, I have the parodies at the forefront of my mind. This makes me frequently sarcastic, a "Well I didn't see that coming" sort of idea.

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.24.2008, 04:51 PM.

01.24.2008, 04:50 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
quote:

Ok ok, that might be a bit unfair so I'll clarify what I meant.

I watch way too much parody-styled anime, things like genshiken, lucky star and excel saga, that are focused at an Otaku audience. They frequently contain cameo's and various other "rip-off" scenes that poke fun at the maho-shojo genre. Thus whenever I watch anime in that syle, such as TRC, I have the parodies at the forefront of my mind. This makes me frequently sarcastic, a "Well I didn't see that coming" sort of idea.

Eheh, don't mind me, I just love Tsubasa so much that I can't stand to see it insulted lol.

btw, I don't know what your ethics are on free downloading, but if you like I can give you the links to the Tsubasa soundtracks.

My Anime List

01.24.2008, 05:02 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

As for my ethics lol.
I think I'd say I was just a slightly more liberal form of Saddles, in that I do download, but prefer to own my own copies. I'm not sure it's possible to get a soundtrack CD for TRC in this country, so those links would be great.

Pm them too me if you'd like.

01.24.2008, 05:22 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm still happily ploughing my way through Tokyo Mew Mew, I didn't realise there were so many episodes! Its been awhile since i've seen a series containing more than say 26? S'rather nice, and it'll definitely keep me busy for at the very least another week.

I'm still captivated by the cuteness of it all Plus all the love interests that keep popping up.

Go Kishu!

01.24.2008, 06:00 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol, Tokyo Mew Mew. I saw one of the butchered episodes on FoxTV? Not sure. Personally, a little too pink for me...

01.24.2008, 06:01 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i tried watching that and it was worse then the newer eps of sailor moon.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.24.2008, 06:42 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Lol it IS disgustingly pink and cutesey but since I pretty much like all genres of anime (Except the boring shoot em ups which are nothing BUT shoot em ups) I'm happy as a larry watching it.

I dont think many people would really go for it but I'm just kind of in the mood.

Really unhappy my brother just stole all my treats I bought myself

01.25.2008, 01:33 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Lol it IS disgustingly pink and cutesey but since I pretty much like all genres of anime (Except the boring shoot em ups which are nothing BUT shoot em ups) I'm happy as a larry watching it.

I dont think many people would really go for it but I'm just kind of in the mood.

Really unhappy my brother just stole all my treats I bought myself

I know how you feel NC. Though personally I opted out of Tokyo Mew Mew (not due to the "pink" but to the "fighting evil" aspect of it), recently I've been watching a lot of mahou shoujo and shoujo in general.

Started with Cardcaptor Sakura, Kodocha, Sugar Sugar Rune, and Ashita no Nadja about a week ago, but now I'm pretty much only watching Kodocha.

Cardcaptor Sakura is good, and I'm sure I'll continue it soon, but Kodocha has my attention completely at the moment. As far as Sugar Sugar Rune and Ashita no Nadja, as much as I love the art, style, premises, and main characters of the series', I hate the supporting casts very very much, and so it'll be difficult to continue either of them.

Post last edited by Seiji on 01.25.2008, 04:59 PM.

01.25.2008, 04:58 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
Kodocha has my attention completely at the moment.

Omg! I loved that! So long but totally lovable. How far along are you?

01.25.2008, 05:02 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

(spoilers kind of)

I'm 8 episodes in. Hilarious. I absolutely love Sana and Rei. They're both so funny, especially together. He's supposed to be her guardian, but that doesn't stop him from playing down to her level, like when he helps her blackmail Akito, or when they rap. Akito's great too. I loved it when the class was seriously out of control right at the beginning. All of the tension just made things even funnier. Like when Sana imagines getting beaten up by the boys in her class.

Also, her attempts to trump Akito are priceless.

Two of my favorite moments are when Sana stabs that musician with her script and then they proceed to have a conversation about the opening song, after which she finishes him off, and when, during that tense scene between Rei, his ex, and Sana, they were all wearing those ridiculous glasses in spite of how serious it was.

Honestly I couldn't be happier with the show. (though Akito's sister was a bit ridiculous at first)

The opening and ending are both awesome too.

It is pretty long though. Hope I can make it through all 102 episodes. I've never even watched a series half as long. Moreover, I hope that is stays good for the whole run.

Post last edited by Seiji on 01.25.2008, 05:17 PM.

01.25.2008, 05:16 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
[  «    ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks