QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  136  137  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I enjoyed Deadman Wonderland when I saw it, although I wouldn't exactly call it a great piece of art. On the other hand, I gave Tokyo Ghoul a shot and gave up on it after a couple of episodes. Maybe it was because I saw Deadman Wonderland first and since then lost patience with "edgy" shounen series.

11.26.2017, 01:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tokyo Ghoul seems very popular among the fanart and cosplay communities but that may be because its a more recent series than Wonderland and popularity often focuses on the latest shiny toy.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.26.2017, 09:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Has anyone here watched Houseki no Kuni? It caught my eye a while ago because of the manga art style, but then I was a bit wary since it turned out to be all 3DCG. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing - I liked Sidonia no Kishi, but it's definitely something that can go either way.

In the meantime I've heard encouraging things, so I might pick it up.

12.11.2017, 10:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, Deadman Wonderland finished up with a rather silly and rushed end, with loose ends aplenty, but up to that point it'd been pretty enjoyable.

Now we're rewatching Higurashi. It's been long enough that I don't remember what happens and my flatmates haven't seen it before, so we're having a good time.

My Anime List

12.12.2017, 05:36 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I did end up starting Houseki no Kuni. I've only watched the first two episodes, but so far I'm really liking it.

12.18.2017, 10:44 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Anybody planning to watch new things this coming season?

http://randomc.net/2017/12/27/winter-2018-preview/

12.29.2017, 10:12 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Anybody planning to watch new things this coming season?

Some of the anime listed sounds interesting, but I haven't read the whole list yet,,,

The only thing new that I'm watching this winter so far is "Mary and the Magic Flower" on Jan 18 at a theater, for which I've already bought my ticket. Looks promising,

Now, if these are all a set of serie's showings, then I'm screwed until I find another series/movie site. The one I used to use went belly-up apparently (at least for me) and I haven't bothered correcting it or finding another, as yet...

12.29.2017, 12:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the link Arren. Ihadn't seen the spring 2018 season list until now. Violet Evergarden and Koi wa Ameagari no You ni both look interesting. Nothing else on the list appeals to me; though I admit to responding to the accompanying artwork and a very brief skim though the intros for each.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.30.2017, 05:36 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I'm definitely interested in Violet Evergarden, but I'm also a bit nervous about it. It seems like exactly the kind of thing that could fail to live up to pre-release hype.

12.31.2017, 01:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, I thought Violet Evergarden looked cool. I don't really know anything about it though, aside from that the art looks lovely.

We finished watching both seasons of Higurashi a little while back. I'd never seen the second one so it was cool to have some closure on the whole thing, but... hm, it was satisfying, but not completely. Towards the end it just didn't feel much like Higurashi, somehow.

For a complete change of tone, we're now watching Seto no Hanayome. Cute and silly rom-com about a boy who accidentally gets engaged to a mermaid. It's over the top and very... well, very anime, but it's fun.

My Anime List

03.01.2018, 12:27 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, like your euphemism, Kaz lol

03.01.2018, 02:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Oh, I thought Violet Evergarden looked cool. I don't really know anything about it though, aside from that the art looks lovely.

The art is lovely! But... it's been a bit hit-and-miss so far. They keep suggesting its world is really interesting but then don't explore it as much as I'd like. There's still time for it to pick up though.

03.03.2018, 08:50 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I will have to start watching Violet Evergarden even if just for the art. I adore those gothic lolita / military lolita style clothes. very stylish.

03.04.2018, 06:56 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Threewishes
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.23.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finished Monster anime some time ago. I liked it, though I probably won't watch it again. I almost quit watching it with some of the slower episodes, but now I feel it was good I stuck with it. Some moments of relief with the characters made me feel relieved as well, and I consider these moments rare with my experience of anime I have watched.

I started this one out of boredom, and didn't expect very much, but at the end I thought that I should recommend this to someone. It was tension-filled, dramatic and had well-written characters in my opinion. It has dark setting and themes, so it is not for everyone. If you are interested in mystery, criminal tv-series and drama, it has many good things to experience.

However, it might feel really slow at times, so I recommend watching it during a longer time. If you marathon it, you might feel that you want to skip episodes or quit it altogether.

Post last edited by Threewishes on 03.27.2018, 09:56 AM.

03.27.2018, 09:49 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I skipped a lot through it, so many things are still a mystery to me. Who did he tricked to bring himself poisoned candy? How did he know those two will actually eat it? Oh well, it made even less sense before his ability was presented.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

03.27.2018, 02:28 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Threewishes
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.23.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually, that thing was never explained(the poisoned candy in the beginning) and it felt illogical to me as well. There were other moments like that in the series too, but I don't remember off the top of my head anything else right now. I also can't think of any good reason why they advanced plot like that other than it was convenient that way. I believe it was just lazy writing either on the staffs or mangakas behalf, depending on whether it was a faithful adaptation or not.

03.28.2018, 01:00 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching the series "Otoboku: Maidens are falling for me". About a young man whose Grandfather's will demanded that he enrol into a specific girls school...

04.08.2018, 01:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
night_bird
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.03.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by night_bird Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tokyo Ghoul and Evangelion

04.08.2018, 03:28 PM night_bird is offline   Profile for night_bird Add night_bird to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by night_bird
Tokyo Ghoul and Evangelion

I've seen both and enjoyed them...

04.08.2018, 05:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Steins;Gate 0, Tokyo Ghoul Season 3, Durarara!!, and plan on starting Violet Evergarden since it's completed now.

04.12.2018, 12:35 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
[  «    ...  136  137  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks