QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  ...    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I need to hurry up and finish Psycho Pass and Black Lagoon. When I do, I plan to finally tackle the Fate franchise, Kill La Kill, and Death Parade. Then, work my way down my Hulu list.

01.24.2016, 12:33 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finially forced myself to sit down and finish Psycho-Pass. Overall, I was impressed. Great animation, great soundtrack, and probably one of the better sci-fi anime I've seen. Didn't leave me enthralled 100% of the time, but good nonetheless. Now, to finish Black Lagoon, tackle the Fate Franchise, and then Kill La Kill and Death Parade. After that, Arren will be excited, because I finally decided to take on Revolutionary Girl Utena! Excited.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 01.31.2016, 12:14 PM.

01.31.2016, 01:55 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh nice! Sounds like it'll be a while before you get there though. Anyway, I can't speak for the others you listed, but Kill la Kill is another great show.

02.01.2016, 06:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I wasn't really considering it before, because I tried watching it a couple years ago, but seeing as I wasn't even a teenager then, I didn't get a lot of it, so I dropped it. Figured it was time to give it another go.

02.01.2016, 06:59 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching "Salaryman Kintaro" in Netflix sections... I may go to online viewing...

02.08.2016, 12:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Husky, if you don't have Hulu, I highly recommend getting it. It's free, and there's almost 800 anime on there. the entirety of Clannad, Mirai Nikki, Cowboy Bebop... lots of other great stuff. It's not illegal, either, which makes me happy.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 02.09.2016, 08:37 PM.

02.09.2016, 08:37 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, I was up to 3am, watching the online show... Watching ALL of Salaryman Kintarou... IMO, a very good story... All the woman looked alike, though...

02.10.2016, 01:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Very close to being done with Black Lagoon. I just have to watch the OVA series and then I can move onto Fate/Stay Night. It's an amazing series, with great action, dialogue, and great use of setting.

02.10.2016, 06:23 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Finished all of Black Lagoon. An amazing series, easily in my top ten of all time, maybe even top five. Hope the Fate franchise can live up to it.

Update: Started Fate/Stay Night 2006. So far, it's incredibly boring, badly animated, and the dub is cringeworthy. But I don't want to switch to subs because I want to watch Fate/Zero in dub, and I don't wanna switch halfway through. So, I guess I better slog through it to get to the good stuff.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 02.12.2016, 11:38 PM.

02.12.2016, 08:32 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Fate/Stay franchise has a vast fan following so something good must happen eventually.

I watched the first ep of Black Lagoon a while ago but wasn't drawn in, I should give it another go based on your comments.

Its dangerous to rate a series right after you've watched it however. It may seem amazing because its fresh in your mind. Mentally review it again in a year or two.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.13.2016, 10:34 AM.

02.13.2016, 06:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From what I've heard, the first Fate anime isn't very good. But because the franchise as a whole is so popular, other series were made later that were apparently much better.

As for using the subs/dub, I don't think you should force yourself to endure it just so you don't have to switch. You might like it more without the dub, and ultimately isn't that the most important thing?

02.13.2016, 09:46 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

@Flare
hahaha, reminds of a book I read long, long ago...

"The Source" by James Mitchner...

I decided to read it because other books of his had been good. I was also intimidated by the length, over 900 pages and decided to attack it, lol...

About the first quarter to a third was, to me at the time, slow and boring and tedious, But, I learned, as I went on with it (stubborn?) I found that the storyline all began to come together and without the early portions of the book the latter part would have not made sense. Those of you who may have read it, know what I mean.

Altogether, the book was enjoyable, and it amazed me just how Mitchner was able to weave it all together as he did.

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.13.2016, 01:03 PM.

02.13.2016, 01:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

@Arren - I might just try that. The only voice I actually like is the main female lead. It's very rare that a series has a dub and I use the sub instead (Higurashi, Attack on Titan, and Another are the only exceptions that come to mind), but I might have to try the sub.

02.13.2016, 02:52 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I finished Fate/Stay Night 2006. It got better as it went along, but still wasn't great.

On to Fate/Zero!

02.18.2016, 06:10 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

So, I started Fate/Zero, and let me say....

I can not recommend this show enough. It is beautiful, dark, funny, action-packed, deep, heartwarming. All in just the first four episodes.

Honestly, if it continues at the quality it's been going at so far, it could challenge Steins;Gate as my favorite anime by the end. Let's hope.

02.19.2016, 07:04 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching Boku Dake ga Inai Machi... it's engaging and just a touch bizarre. I quite like it. Only 2 more eps left.

03.11.2016, 10:02 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Finally finished "Salaryman Kintaro"...

03.13.2016, 07:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Started watching "Moonphase" today...

03.19.2016, 01:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm really stoked about this anime.

I was thinking just the other day that a figure skating-centred one would be nice, it seems a popular sport in Japan after all...

Ha, I know it's just another in this spate of sports anime full of handsome young men that have been so popular lately, like Kuroko no Basuke and Free!. There's a rugby one out soon too I believe. Not complaining. :'D

Edit: oh wow, apparently the choreographer for this has choreographed shows for Yuzuru Hanyu. Sweet.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 03.27.2016, 08:36 AM.

03.27.2016, 08:31 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished all 25 eps. of "Tsukunomi: Moon Phase".... Odd in parts, but OK...

03.30.2016, 11:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks