QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General What are you currently watching? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The fact it's a sport anime put me off a bit as well. That's just not really my thing. Apart from that, I already have a few shows on the go, and I already have Michiko and Hatchin (same director) on the list of things I want to watch, so I feel that should come first.

From what I've heard, it seems worth watching though.

12.09.2016, 12:16 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched the first ep. I could get into it if I had time It's much more serious than I expected. Actually felt a bit like a Noitamina show, which I'm generally drawn to.

12.09.2016, 01:15 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I wonder. I am very biased, but I truly do think it's a very well written show with likeable characters that have humanity and depth. And putting the romance aside for two seconds, it's often very funny, too. I mean, you might find the homoeroticism a tad full-on, but... I don't know, it's not the kind of thing that you'd see in an ecchi series for instance, it doesn't feel very sexual; the focus is on romance. So I think it wouldn't make for too uncomfortable viewing for someone who doesn't swing that way. The soundtrack and animation have been good too; I preordered the OST yesterday.

I've been re-watching the first few episodes and find it's a lot less fanservice-y than I remember (probably because of the end of episode 10, I was only really thinking of the series form Yuuri's perspective and not Victor's). Somehow it's so much funnier after that revelation..

Some people have pointed out from the episode 11 preview that we might get a flashback on Victor's life. Woo, I hope so.

I've also been watching the GP Final because of this. lol

EDIT: Episode 3 is particularly hilarious after watching episode 10.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.09.2016, 11:00 AM.

12.09.2016, 10:25 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaz, thanks. Don't worry about the boys with boys thing, doesn't put me off at all, quite the opposite in fact

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.09.2016, 12:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Kaz, thanks. Don't worry about the boys with boys thing, doesn't put me off at all, quite the opposite in fact

Wow, when did that happen?

12.10.2016, 12:36 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

oh **** oh **** oh shit.....................

s saddle was hard for me now a g saddle, oh no

NB: It is a JOKE.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.10.2016, 03:21 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha *hugs Fen* Didn't mean to surprise you. Yeah, I've been curious about it since I was a teenager and have had two relationships with men. I'd describe myself as bi-sexual at 75/25 in favour of females.

The secrets we keep, hm? Even after all these years.

Stil... time to come out!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.10.2016, 04:58 AM.

12.10.2016, 04:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha, I did do a little head-tilt when I read that, I must admit.

There's going to be such a YoI-shaped hole in my life when it ends. I hope you like it, Saddles! Honestly, I'm so far down the rabbit hole I can hardly imagine anyone not liking it at this point. :'D

Decided my next series will be Bungou Stray Dogs, but I had better leave it until after exam week. uwu

My Anime List

12.10.2016, 01:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Saddles, mdear, nothing surprises me about you anymore

So you guys got me on this YoI bandwagon. Caught up to the latest ep. Such drama with everyone performance~

12.13.2016, 02:46 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahahaha, another victi- I mean, glad you're enjoying it. I've already roped a couple of friends at uni into watching it too.

My Anime List

12.13.2016, 03:58 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The fact Johnny Weir is watching it is beautiful. lol

I'm screaming and possibly not mentally prepared for tomorrow's episode.

12.13.2016, 09:09 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I am so broken after episode 11.

I think it's really important to examine JJ's character. Episode 10 pretty much changed my entire perspective on Chris and this episode changed how I view JJ. I think what happened to him and who he has supporting him is really important to the story and character growth, and in relation to Yuuri. I didn't expect that it would be JJ's character that would be used for this... I felt so much empathy for him.

I want to cry a river.

EDIT: I can't help but feel like Yuuri is one of the most beautifully humanistic-ally flawed characters to exist, I have no idea why. I pretty much relate to his character on a spiritual level. lol This episode just left me feeling lonely for him. And yet in the end he's the most understanding and is very mentally strong. I like his awareness of himself and of others.

That JJ scene really did a number on me.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.15.2016, 12:26 AM.

12.14.2016, 10:50 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

At first I was like "oh wow, that went by fast".

Then I watched the after-credits scene.

I feel... uneasy. I am worried. If they screw this up now, after it's been so perfect... 許さない.

My Anime List

12.15.2016, 08:38 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I feel like they won't. Yuuri needs to learn to communicate and be comfortable with his decisions instead of never saying what he really wants. So I think it's definitely a step forward for him, regardless of what he's suggesting.

I'm so looking forward to it.

EDIT: Can they get married to the song from Victor's program? I think I'll cry because I've somehow emotionally connected with that song and apparently it should appear in the final episode (would make sense as I'd love its connection to the story even further).

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.15.2016, 10:47 PM.

12.15.2016, 08:06 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Everybody's watching and enjoying YOI!! I'll definitely check it out.

12.19.2016, 03:42 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I hope you'll like it. <3 It makes my heart so happy.

I also love all the support from actual figure skaters. It's so cute. I really hope after this season there will be a second.

12.20.2016, 11:20 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Waiting for the last ep~

Please find me another anime when this finishes.

12.21.2016, 10:14 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I watched it. Then re-watched it. I think this is one of those series I need to re-watch completely just because all of the skating scenes made me so anxious it's hard to enjoy the first time around.

I can't even express myself right now.

12.22.2016, 02:10 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sangatsu no Lion is still ongoing but I've finished the other airing shows I've been watching.

Hibike! Euphonium was good, but this season wasn't as good as the first. I still enjoyed it and the second arc was great, but it was a bit disjointed in comparison and spent too much time dealing with stuff that didn't feel very important overall.

Flip Flappers was a really good series! It came completely out of nowhere but I liked it a lot. Towards the end the story was a bit convoluted, but on the whole it was very creative and interesting. If you like wacky, energetic anime like Kill la Kill or heavily symbolic anime like Penguindrum, Flip Flappers has plenty to offer.

01.01.2017, 10:38 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

I saw Kizumonogatari 3 at the cinema the other day. All of them have been pretty good but this was definitely an improvement over the first two parts. I also had less trouble following it than I expected, so I think maybe I will go and see Kimi no Na wa after all, as it's incredibly still out.

01.11.2017, 10:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks