QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched "Ai Yori Aoshi" and finished it late last night. After I had seen a couple of episodes, I realized that I had seen it before, but continued watching... I'm not sorry that I did.

06.06.2015, 01:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm watching Owari no Seraph at the moment. It's pretty good. Not exactly breaking new ground in any way, I've seen all these types of characters before in different series, but it's enjoyable enough. Enough to hold my interest.

My Anime List

06.06.2015, 03:08 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't usually watch films such as Owari no Seraph, Kaz, but there is just something about it that reminds of a few others like it that I've seen. I've watched up to ep 10 and am now waiting for the next ep.

06.07.2015, 02:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

on hold for Owari until next ep

meanwhile watching Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi...

06.07.2015, 11:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Enishi is not really worth the watch. The series ended pretty fine the first time.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.08.2015, 04:23 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

I have to agree with you on that, Roar. Enishi was not worth the time.

Now going thru the series Aishiteruze Baby. Artwork isn't very good and the dialog as well, especially the crying in many of the scenes. I will continue to watch it because it reminds me of my youth when I had almost total responsibility of watching my baby sister... I was 9-1/2 when she was born and gave her first bath when she was 3 days old.

06.08.2015, 05:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

watching "Ano Natsu de Matteru"...

06.14.2015, 09:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I enjoyed it a lot. Let us know what you think. Its complexity explodes towards the end, making it a really nice series, IMHO.

In case you were not aware its a remake of Onegai! Teacher.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.14.2015, 12:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I hadn't picked up on the Onegai Teacher aspect yet.

======================

Edit:

Ok, I'm up to ep. 10 and I'm still not picking up on the Onegai thing, yet.

I'm going to have to get out my OT discs and watch it again. Apparently it has been too long for me to remember much of it.

==============================

Edit 2:

Wow! what an ending...

I won't give out any spoilers and am addressing my comments to Saddles, who has seen it.

It was amazing the way "everything" came together towards a goal and especially the darkness of the Black... lol Cute little lime tonic trick there, lol...

They did all learn about themselves and you know that all is well in the end.

Definitely gotta watch the OT story again...

================================
Edit 3:

Oh, yeah... Just the first ep of Onegai Teacher and I see the parallel ...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.14.2015, 06:15 PM.

06.14.2015, 12:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished Onegai Teacher eps... Enjoyed it very much.

It is nice to have the time to watch a lot of anime... heh heh heh

06.15.2015, 11:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So pleased you enjoyed it. Its a nice series and as you say all the angst and sadness falls into place in the end.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.15.2015, 04:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished "Barakamon", a story about a calligraphy writer...

06.20.2015, 02:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Not my usual fare, but I am watching "Ben-to". It revolves around people fighting for half-priced ben-to's at different markets.

06.23.2015, 11:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been trying really hard to get into 'Nana'. It has a lot of really likeable and cool characters, and one of the female leads is fantastic.

The main 'Nana' though... She's just so annoying!!!!! At times she's cute but most of the time she's just completely dependent on others, or through her inability to cope with a situation just allows it to worsen or other people to misunderstand. I've watched a ton of episodes but I think I'll have to give up, I can't bear how irritating she is. Which is a shame because a lot of the other characters are awesome.

06.30.2015, 02:14 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I just found out that Ore Monogatari is a shoujo manga. Big hunky manly guy as the main in a shoujo manga.

Wat.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.01.2015, 06:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
So I just found out that Ore Monogatari is a shoujo manga. Big hunky manly guy as the main in a shoujo manga.

Wat.

Ahaha yeah! I think that's why it's so popular, people find it a really refreshing read. I would argue though that the 'manly guy' main character has a classic-shoujo-girl attitude towards love, he's quite dreamy/romantic.

It's a really great manga because Takeo's celebrated as being really cool, not as a normal pretty-boy character, but because he's such a decent and courageous guy.

07.01.2015, 08:24 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks for mentioning it, I started reading it. It's really fun.

07.01.2015, 02:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished "Ben-To" tonight...

07.03.2015, 10:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Finally finished Amagi Brilliant Park. Other than a few bits pitched at the male audience is was a lot of fun, quite silly and zany and predictable (other than the romance) and I really enjoyed it. Something of a different kind of story. Fresh ideas which is good. Great quality animation as you'd expect these days and just the right length (13 eps).

On to Zetsuen no Tempest now, although magical combat isn't my thing the characters are interesting. It seems to have some depth but I'm bothered by a predictable direction its likely going to go in.

Ao Haru Ride is next. I'm a sucker for a romance story.

07.04.2015, 03:42 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Ao Haru Ride is next. I'm a sucker for a romance story.

I haven't seen the anime for it yet, but the manga for Ao Haru Ride is really good! The animation/illustration style of the characters is pretty, and I feel like the female lead is really likeable and well-rounded.

07.04.2015, 05:51 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks