QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started watching Kimi ni Todoke. It's so cute, I love it. <3

My Anime List

05.15.2016, 06:47 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh KnT was adorable to start, but it got so draggy and repetitive near the end. Still very cute, but vexing haha.

I don't think I'm watching anything atm. Any recs from recent seasons?

05.16.2016, 09:29 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last season had Boku dake ga inai Machi, Osomatsu-san and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, which were all very good. Subete ga F ni Naru from last year was interesting. Earlier last year there was Hibike! Euphonium too, which is the best KyoAni have made in a while.

05.17.2016, 01:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've finally started watching Kamisama Hajimemashita. Why did they make the English title Kamisama Kiss??

I used to read the manga a ton.

05.17.2016, 07:07 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I enjoyed Kimi ni Todoke, it moved at a modest pace I thought with an interesting twist and turn here and there. It was very sweet and cute with a high "awww" factor which I guess is the reason I watch these young love stories.

At least there was not one of those annoying "they're about to kiss but get interrupted" scenes every episide. Grrr.

I've started watching Hibiki! Euphonium and I agree with Arren that it is one of the better offerings from KyoAni since Haruhi.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.17.2016, 11:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Have any of you guys watched michiko and hatchin. i finished watching it.

It is a serious anime. And the animations quality was superb, with cool music. Storyline was mediocre i mean i expected a much better organization in otherwise great anime.

the ending was cool, if you guys watched it [major spoiler dont read]

you might be surprised that she got a child, and departure of child's father soon after birth. Although not prevalent in middle and higher class. I have known many such women who have worked in my house or other peoples houses to earn a living. They all were married. It seems to me that it in lower class, where poverty is a huge issue marriage is not sufficient to sustain a bond. Although almost non existent in village the problem is pretty extreme in urban areas[read slums] where people have drifted from villages.

[spoiler end]

So i really liked how it approached the harsh reality of the world specially at the lower end from the point of view of a child. And undoubtedly they suffer the most. Another thing to point out is that the Director was a women, which is kinda cool cause i dont know any famous lady anime director although there are many mangaka. I recommend it to everyone. And please share your views if you have seen it. was there any cultural shock? if you like it then you can watch City of God movie another classic.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

05.17.2016, 03:23 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Last season had Boku dake ga inai Machi, Osomatsu-san and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, which were all very good. Subete ga F ni Naru from last year was interesting. Earlier last year there was Hibike! Euphonium too, which is the best KyoAni have made in a while.

Thanks! I really enjoyed Boku dake ga inai machi... I'll give the others a try.

05.18.2016, 09:28 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This season I've been watching Orange and Mob Psycho 100. Orange is good but the animation has become a bit of an issue and I'm not sure what direction it'll take. Mob Psycho 100 has been consistently enjoyable.

I also started Shirobako recently. It's from a couple of years ago and is about a fictional anime studio. It's surprisingly detailed and so far I like it.

08.30.2016, 11:38 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
PrinceKaguya
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.13.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PrinceKaguya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm not currently watching any anime the show i am watching right now is Game of Thrones however i am very open to suggestions at the moment. I tend to like action but as long as the dialogue is good that doesn't matter.

09.07.2016, 06:37 PM PrinceKaguya is offline   Profile for PrinceKaguya Add PrinceKaguya to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Mob Psycho 100 has some pretty good action, although that isn't the main focus. Boku no Hero Academia is a good choice for something particularly action-oriented.

09.07.2016, 11:59 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Orange and Mob Psycho 100 both just finished. Orange was good, but the quality drop in the second half really affected my enthusiasm, unfortunately. Mob Psycho 100 was great throughout though - I recommend it!

Anybody watching anything new from the upcoming season? https://www.livechart.me/fall-2016/tv

09.27.2016, 07:47 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished 'Michiko to Hatchin'...

Good story, pretty good graphics, good ending...

10.12.2016, 02:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished watching a short little Pixar film titled "Lava"...

I enjoyed the artwork and the music very much...

10.13.2016, 05:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Lately I've been watching the second season of Hibike! Euphonium, 3-gatsu no Lion and Flip Flappers. The first two are ones I expected to be good and the haven't disappointed, but the last is something I picked up pretty late because it turned out to look interesting. It's been a pleasant surprise so far.

10.24.2016, 11:46 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally watched sausage party and, THAT ENDING! Taco finally got some action, I was starting to feel bad for her there.

I have to get some weed to watch this again. Ok, for any 10 year olds reading this: the weed is still illegal, in most places, and responsible adults do not break the law and smoke illegal substances. What they do is they get drunk, puke, and then drink again until they pass out, that is what they do, and it's perfectly legal, but you get headache in the morning.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 10.31.2016, 03:20 PM.

10.31.2016, 03:17 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am trash for Yuri!!! On Ice. Was waiting for an ice skating anime to come out. Totally love it to pieces, especially Yuri K. Not sure why, I just adore his character so much.

Best friend recently watched Mononoke and Welcome to the NHK. I'd watched both but forever ago.

11.01.2016, 08:58 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this one Yuri?

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

11.01.2016, 09:55 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh lord, I can't believe I forgot to post here about Yuri!!! on Ice. I've only seen the first episode but it killed me, killed me dead. In the best possible way. I adore it.

My Anime List

11.02.2016, 12:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Oh lord, I can't believe I forgot to post here about Yuri!!! on Ice. I've only seen the first episode but it killed me, killed me dead. In the best possible way. I adore it.

My best friend was like "What the heck is that? Never heard of it" (how I don't know, everyone and their moms were talking about it on my Facebook)

*two hours later*

"THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN MISSING IN MY LIFE"

I haven't seriously watched an anime series in forever but is this not some quality good sh*t.

Almost makes me wish I was back in my gender studies class so I could do a project on fanservice in sports anime. lol

11.03.2016, 10:50 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

forget anime for a second, I'm going to watch this:

11.04.2016, 04:48 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  «    ...  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks