QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've watched 5 episodes of Bungou Stray Dogs today. It's okay so far but not great, I'd hesitate to even say good. So that's a little disappointing.

For some reason I feel like trying Kyoukai no Kanata next.

EDIT: 3 episodes into Kyoukai no Kanata. It feels like more. Not enjoying very much.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 01.30.2017, 01:26 PM.

01.30.2017, 11:05 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Like a lot of series Kyoukai no Kanata packs in all the good stuff in the last quarter of the story. It seems a common trait in anime. Stick with it, the ending is pretty good if you can push through all the moe nonsense.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.30.2017, 04:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I *need* to re-watch all of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei because I just realized the weird impact this show has had on my life. Especially on my sense of humour and the books/things I like.

I have a weird attraction towards anything related to Kafka or Dazai. I've never read any of their works before last year because I just needed to understand why their names kept appearing.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 02.03.2017, 10:32 PM.

02.03.2017, 06:54 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Heidi and Akage no Anne recently, and I'm watching Marco now. I think Akage no Anne is Takahata's best work so far, I really really loved it.

Have you guys watched any World Masterpiece Theater series?

02.11.2017, 11:15 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen it listed on my local cable channels... I'll look for it.

02.11.2017, 02:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Recently finished the first series of Hibiki Euphonium and enjoyed it very much. The animation and art styles were crisp and pleasing, characters were solid, the story was not predictable at all (the ending was a complete unknowable event) and the little suggestions of yuri were really cute. Highly recommended.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.11.2017, 08:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hibike Euphonium is really nice. I watched it after someone showed me the marching band cover of YMO's "Rydeen". I was really surprised when I saw KyoAni-style characters playing it, for I really like YMO. I didn't expect to like the series so much! It's adorable.

02.13.2017, 03:42 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished Zankyou no Terror. I knew how it would end but... I still bawled my eyes out.

02.16.2017, 05:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh no, that's been on my 'to watch' list for ages and now I'm apprehensive.

My Anime List

02.17.2017, 05:26 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Oh no, that's been on my 'to watch' list for ages and now I'm apprehensive.

It's a very pretty series, tbh. So give it a shot. But you'll feel either very empty or hopeful at the end. I'm still tearing up. haha

I kind of wish it went a little deeper plot-wise but... It was beautiful and very sad. Just watch it for the message alone.

02.17.2017, 01:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I started watching Welcome to the NHK (it's been years since I first planned to...), and I enjoyed it from the start. I can relate to Tatsuhiro in some ways, ha. If it weren't for homework being in the way I'd be watching more right now!

My Anime List

04.04.2017, 07:40 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's a good series. I recall Mush started a thread on it here years ago. It'll probably be a few pages down the forum now.

04.04.2017, 09:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finished "Salaryman Kintaro" again...

04.05.2017, 03:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished rewatching Azumanga Daioh. It's weird to see that kind of comedy now, and some of the jokes don't land as well as I remember, but it's still fun, and very nostalgic.

04.05.2017, 09:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, my current mousepad is one with Ayumu 'Osaka' on it... lol

Face and hands looking over a wall (aka Kilroy) with her eyes shut and a small chibi smile

It's kinda worn out so I ordered one with Jiji on it

04.05.2017, 12:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Azumanga was my first anime, good memories

I'm in the middle of Monogatari and Samurai Champloo, and so far I'm loving both.

04.05.2017, 04:51 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Where in Monogatari are you? The middle could still mean a lot of things.

04.09.2017, 09:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished Tsubasa Tiger, and I haven't started Mayoi Jiangshi.

04.09.2017, 10:25 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Oh cool. Well, in my opinion, the best is yet to come in that case.

04.09.2017, 11:46 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Yeah, I'm excited. I've heard a lot of great things about Nadeko Medusa and Hitagi End. So far I'd rank the arcs:

9. Tsukihi Phoenix
8. Karen Bee
7. Nadeko Snake
6. Suruga Monkey
5. Tsubasa Family
4. Tsubasa Cat
3. Mayoi Snail
2. Hitagi Crab
1. Tsubasa Tiger

I liked them all, though.

04.09.2017, 05:17 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks