QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
And that finishes Zero no Tsukaima. It was a little slow to start, but it was decent.

Well if you enjoyed it I beg you NOT to watch the second series, you'll feel violated. They totally destroyed the louise character in favour of fanservice, they turned the princess into some sort of jelous housewife and turned seiesta into a character I actually wanted to root for? I was left confused and disturbed. I'm anxiously awaiting the 3rd series (it's due out sometime this summer) in the hope that it rights the wrongs of the last one.

As for what I'm watching I just finished OHSHC and loved it. One of the best series I've had the pleasure of veiwing in the last couple of months. I had my quibbles about it in the beginning but it got nothing but better, snowballing into a truely addictive series. My only dislike, and it it very small, is that I wished they'd done a little more with the ending. I'd have paid anything to see Tamaki and Haruho get together............ *cries*. Favourite character? That otaku lady who keeps rising out the floor, classic!

I finished watching Mushi-shi too, it was slightly overshadowed by the awesomeness of OHSHC but it was nonetheless nice and relaxing. I saw on the web that someone dubbed it "X-files in anime" and I think I agree. very nice series, shame I can't really say more.

Atra

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.19.2008, 04:45 PM.

01.19.2008, 04:33 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thanks for the reminder again. i heard previously that the 2nd season was garbage, so unless i am really bored, ill probably leave it as is. it finished on a decent note, so i can walk away without thinking that i needed more.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.19.2008, 04:37 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Atra, I'm really glad you liked OHSHC so much, I think it is one of those series that you either love or hate. Thankfully most of us round here seem to love it. I just saw episode 20 this morning, gawd the twins are so... cute!

And the otaku lady? Renge-kun? The French one who was obsessed with Kyouya? My God her laugh annoys me so much! XP

I thought one of the best episode was the one were Honey gets the cavity... so funny!

What one(s) did you like best? The one at the beach was mine I think. You know, where they're all trying to find out what Haruhi's afraid of?

My Anime List

01.19.2008, 05:40 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really like the episode where they first go to Haruhi's house/flat, and you get that amazing vision in Tamaki's head where the house is falling apart and they have to drink out of bowls because there aren't enough cups. It had me in stitches. As for the Otaku lady, I was refering to Renge-kun. Although I'd forgotton her name as I worte that earlier post.

01.19.2008, 05:54 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Amazingly, my first name fits Haruhi's father. ^^

I might be cosplaying as Haruhi, if my friend can help me. My favorite characters are Tamaki and Nekozawa. :3 I'll need to cut my hair a bit if I am going to be Haruhi, because it's getting longer, my eyes should be deep brown by that time. *eyes are green up close right now*

Tokyo Marble Chocolate Boy's View. Finished. Yay, cute anime. ^^ I'm gonna see if the second OVA of Tsubasa is out, and maybe watch an episode of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

01.19.2008, 06:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah I disagree with you atra about the ending, its better she didnt get together with anyone in particular since it leaves it open in your mind for who you'd prefer her to end up with. *Cough TWINS Cough*

Of course she couldnt date both of them since that would be weird, just one.

** SPOLIERS, MANGA**

I haven't actually read the manga but since im such a fan of the show I generally pick up stuff about it, apparently as far as the manga's got shes dating one of the twins! And the other twins in love with her! And Tamaki's starting to realise he is. And ooh it sounds so good! I'd give anything for like all of the Manga.

01.19.2008, 07:33 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nekozawa and the twins are awsm!
as we speak i am watching d.gray-man on youtube.
its really super good and im only on the first ep.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.19.2008, 07:35 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gave up on Rurouni Kenshin cause it was pretty dated. So I am watching Mai HiME right now. First ep wasnt bad.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.20.2008, 07:55 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, I think I'll watch another episode of D.Gray-Man then. ._. Is the second OVA of Tsubasa out yet ir is that in Feb? ^^' I think it's out this month, because the first one was out in Nov, and the last one comes out before my birthday in March. Hn..

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, I want to finish that so i can watch the second season. Some old ones I was recommended but need to look up the title. And look for the other title about a guy who gets flushed down a toilet and ends up engaged to a guy by accident. Seems amusing. XD lol I remember I watched a bit already.

01.20.2008, 08:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

So... your name's an anagram of Ranka?

My Anime List

01.21.2008, 03:34 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ooh, i love this game.
hm...anagram.....
is it karan?

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.21.2008, 03:40 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak Is the second OVA of Tsubasa out yet ir is that in Feb?

It's out. I have it. Booyah.

4th story of When They Cry is a little weak, at only two episodes covering a little history of the curse. Nothing big or surprising happened; in fact, it felt almost clichéd.

01.21.2008, 08:46 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:

Er... well I know FFF's first name and not one letter of 'Ranka' is in it!

01.21.2008, 12:12 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Waaah...I'm watching anime after...wow. I haven't watched any for like a year.

Anyways, Ergo Proxy...I have the first volume. The first episode is very cool with the futuristic element and all they mystery...Going to watch the rest of the first volume and see if I want more. ^_^

01.21.2008, 12:23 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
I haven't watched any for like a year.
Yeah, you hardly ever talk about it and I wondered what brought you to the Tavern... how long ago was it, about six months?

01.21.2008, 12:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, well I watch Ghiblies all the time but they're movies and don't take that long, so I actually had time for them. (lol, most redundant sentence ever...meh)

I just haven't watched and anime series for a while, mostly because none of the new stuff really caught my interest and even more because it takes so much time!

And the Tavern? I've lurked for a long time...just didn't have much to say so I never joined xP

Post last edited by fenkashi on 01.21.2008, 12:31 PM.

01.21.2008, 12:30 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:

Er... well I know FFF's first name and not one letter of 'Ranka' is in it!

Oh... well... Ranka is the name of Haruhi's dad. Unless she means Tamaki... but Tamaki has 'a' in it and you said not one letter of Ranka was in her name... so now I'm puzzled...

My Anime List

01.21.2008, 01:55 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hm, yeah, lots of lurkers. I think the talkers are the tip of the iceberg, I think that's true of all forums.

Currently just finishing off the last 4 eps of Saikano - I think I am enjoying it more than the first time, Akemi's death is still the emo highpoint though

I took a look at "High School Girls" hoping it might be romance style, sat thru two episodes then gave up. Its rubbish, fanservicey rubbish. One to avoid.

Also rewatching Haruhi for the 4th time, man I love this show. After EVA and KK its the show I've watched most now, and is possibly my 4th favourite of all time, Haibane being in 3rd place.

01.21.2008, 01:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami Oh... well... Ranka is the name of Haruhi's dad. Unless she means Tamaki... but Tamaki has 'a' in it and you said not one letter of Ranka was in her name... so now I'm puzzled...

Not quite... she said it "fits" which is nothing to with the name but the character I guess. Or that the name she's been telling people is hers all these months... isn't.

Or that FFF is just being FFF and nothing makes sense, nor needs to! 8]

Bah, I dunno.

01.21.2008, 02:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol i'm watching Tokyo Mew Mew, this is quite easily the girliest, cheesiest anime i've ever seen. And yet I can't seem to stop watching it, Mm I think it has some sort of secret addiction.

Maybe its the kawaii cat ears?

01.21.2008, 02:10 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks