QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, yes, yes. Um, if my sister hasn't taken the DVD, it probably says who on the back. It might, I don't know. ._. Am I the only person who finds time during her day to read the small print on the back of DVD covers?

The only reason I'm saying she took it is because she wanted to take that one and my Sugar DVD. But thanks to the fact of how I'm not feeling well, being cranky stopped her from taking but she's a sneaky fox, that one. T__T''

Never mind, look it up yer self, I cannot do so at the moment..

12.07.2007, 01:01 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Am I the only person who finds time during her day to read the small print on the back of DVD covers?
Oh no, you aren't alone there.

12.07.2007, 02:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here it is!

http://www.amazon.com/Fruits-Basket-Seas...e/dp/B0006FFRE8

Post last edited by Seiji on 12.07.2007, 02:44 PM.

12.07.2007, 02:44 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, I have come across that one, I just knew it by a different name. Well, I just got £25 in Christmas money from my Nan, so I'll consider it.

12.07.2007, 04:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm now trying to watch Night on the Galactic Railroad, an anime film from 1985 that adapts one of Miyazawa kenji's children's books. I don't know why I want to see this so badly, but it's driving me crazy.

@_@

BTW, even Roar hadn't heard of this movie, so likely nobody else has either.

Post last edited by Seiji on 12.08.2007, 02:00 AM.

12.08.2007, 02:00 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now there's a bad sweeping statement. If it's from 1985, I definitely would not have seen it. I don't usually watch anime from the eighties, mainly because the animation is so bad it's painful to my eyes.

That, and it's near impossible to find them anyway.

Just saw ep1 of Bokurano. Could be true that this story has got one helluva strong storyline, but have to see more to pass judgement.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.08.2007, 02:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Seiji
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Now there's a bad sweeping statement. If it's from 1985, I definitely would not have seen it. I don't usually watch anime from the eighties, mainly because the animation is so bad it's painful to my eyes.

That, and it's near impossible to find them anyway.

Just saw ep1 of Bokurano. Could be true that this story has got one helluva strong storyline, but have to see more to pass judgement.

lol, it was just a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true

12.08.2007, 02:45 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Alighieri
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Alighieri Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've almost finished Tsubasa Chronicle. It's alright. I like the characters, but I've had to watch some of the episodes with spanish subs because I can't find them with english. It's really hard because I'm not completely fluent yet.

12.08.2007, 09:24 PM Alighieri is offline   Profile for Alighieri Add Alighieri to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

I just watched Night on the Galactic Railroad

It was excellent, and incredibly slow paced. Also quite moving I felt. Everybody remember that thread about mood shots? (you should, it's pretty new) Well, this film's full of 'em.

Also, anybody who wants to better understand the influences on Spirited Away, and thus Spirited Away itself, you need to watch this movie. Miyazaki was very much inspired by the book of the same title.

I don't think I'll ever look at Spirited Away the same way after having seen Night on the Galactic Railroad.

12.09.2007, 03:09 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What's it about? I mean, obviously don't spoil it, but an idea of the plot would be very nice! From the title, it sounds very trippy.

12.09.2007, 07:04 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Decided to finally start re-watching H&C. Started on episode five, where Takemoto goes home. Ahh, made me feel slightly homesick.

12.09.2007, 01:14 PM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have started watching Elfen Lied. i had some idea of it beforehand but five episodes in and the fanservice is already far to much. not to mention im a little uncomfortable with the direction some relationships are taking or at least hinting at..
still, i will finnish it and save my judgement for then.
next on the list is Melancholy.

12.14.2007, 11:54 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
What's it about? I mean, obviously don't spoil it, but an idea of the plot would be very nice! From the title, it sounds very trippy.

Plotwise, it's about these 2 cats that are classmates that take a train across the galaxy.

Thematically, it's about a lot of things that would definitely be spoilers if I mentioned them.

It should suffice to say that the film is very touching, very slow, and has a very hauntingly beautiful soundtrack...and that's the best kind of soundtrack

12.15.2007, 01:56 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching Bokurano.

Strangely, I felt like crying today. But then, when the show's about kids forced into a game where you WILL die after your turn...

That, and the fact that half the children are living messed-up lives too. The melancholy of the first season's ending doesn't help either.

But it's an anime I VERY highly recommend for the moment.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.15.2007, 08:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
quote:
Originally posted by arren18

Plotwise, it's about these 2 cats that are classmates that take a train across the galaxy.

Thematically, it's about a lot of things that would definitely be spoilers if I mentioned them.

It should suffice to say that the film is very touching, very slow, and has a very hauntingly beautiful soundtrack...and that's the best kind of soundtrack

Hmm, sounds interesting. But you said it was difficult to find, didn't you?

12.15.2007, 09:06 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm watching some of Ouran High School Host Club. All the guys are so cute! I'm beginning to wonder if that's the only reason I watch anime at all... to see all the cute guys. OHSHC looks pretty funny, a bit OTT maybe. But it's ages 'til the English dub comes out! So annoying. It's funny, some people won't watch an anime unless it's in Japanese with subs, I'm kind of the opposite, I don't like watching anime unless it's English dubbed.

12.15.2007, 10:35 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol im watching digimon tamers at the moment! simply because my brother is and i always end up watching it. I used to hate digimon because i thought it was a rubbish version of pokemon but there ARE things to be said for it. Like how theres loads of little cute ones and the little cute ones always digivolve into the mega strong ones. I quite like that

12.16.2007, 09:30 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, I like the old movies of Digimon. XD

Odd, I'm attracted to Tamaki's personality in Ouran. But Nekozawa is still fave! >:3 Next to my precious Fai and Mr. Nikadou... >_> <_<

I haven't been watching anime lately.. Excpet Shugo Chara! but it's my sister's fault.

12.16.2007, 11:38 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

@Arren: It is pretty hard to find on dvd, and if you do find a copy, it'll run you about 50-70 dollars. But there's good news. Since its license with Central Park Media expired, people have started to redistribute it online. I downloaded it at box torrents. I'd send it to you myself if only there were a way to send giant files like that, but I don't know of one.

@Kazegami: I'm one of those people you're talking about. Not that I won't watch anything in English, but rather I prefer not to, unless of course it is an English language film. I'm just not a big fan of re-dubs of any kind, anime or not.

12.16.2007, 02:03 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Odd, I'm attracted to Tamaki's personality in Ouran.
I've only seen like the first two episodes, he seems kind of... er... flamboyant, a bit like Ayame from Fruits Basket o_0. I don't know who I like best yet, the Hitachiin twins are pretty cute, they remind me of Fred & George from Harry Potter. And I like Kyouya too. "The cool type" lol.

12.16.2007, 02:39 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks