QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Tavern's top anime?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General Ghibli Tavern's top anime? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I should watch H&C again then. I enjoyed it quite a lot but it never bit me as hard as I was expecting except in a couple of places.

We seem to have a consensus in that we like romance, friendships, love, relationships, deep characters, character development and slice-of-life stuff, both in TV shows and movies.

12.19.2007, 09:03 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah I see...sorry, it's a little early xP oh crap...not anymore. I reaaally should go work...really really should.

But yes, I do agree ^_^

12.19.2007, 09:09 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

I see Fen agrees with me too! And whoa! Another H&C fan.

Er, about what? Lol, yeah...I guess I've never voiced my love for H&C before. ^_^

Yeah! And here I thought it was just me and Theowne that were the Honey and Clover nuts (JRR might be one too I've noticed, since he used Mayama as his avatar for the RPG)

Then again, you (Fen) used Asuka as your avatar, but NGE didn't make it into your top five so who knows.

Nothing has ever bit me as hard or as often as Honey and Clover. It was both more devistating than Grave of the Fireflies and more uplifting than...well...anything else! I was writhing after the ending credits.

12.19.2007, 09:21 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah H&C was amazing. My love for it is undying ^_^

NGE was a really good anime, I agree. I loved watching it. Though, it's not one of my favourites. I acknowledge its brilliance and recommend that others watch it but it's not a favourite...

Hm, this is not working...I just sounded really redundant there and I'm not sure how to rectify that. Oh well. I actually could probably replace Wolf's Rain with NGE.

Post last edited by fenkashi on 12.19.2007, 09:34 AM.

12.19.2007, 09:26 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I entered the forum and noticed a few of the members not doing their school work.

"Fenkashi! Spanish homework! Do it. Now!"

I leaned closer to her leering in a thoroughly unpleasant way.

"You wouldn't want a detention with me now, would you? So get to it!"

I went back to my desk, thinking she'll thank me for it afterwards...

12.19.2007, 09:35 AM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

JRR's avatar is for the RPG and was chosen by me. While I was watching H&C I should add.

Is that an official update Fen? NGE at 1 point in place of Wolf's Rain?

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.19.2007, 09:38 AM.

12.19.2007, 09:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Yes. Let's make it an official update ^_^

Wow, er brain freeze...been away from game too long *struggles to recall Akuri-sensei's name* right...Akuri sensei is scary but so right xP

12.19.2007, 09:41 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
JRR's avatar is for the RPG and was chosen by me. While I was watching H&C I should add.

Is that an official update Fen? NGE at 1 point in place of Wolf's Rain?

Lol, we don't need any lobbying at the polls please

And an additional lol, the RPG threads apparently have become so enormous that one of them lysed and we now have character interactions leaking out into other areas of the tavern!

12.19.2007, 09:48 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well one point for Wolf's Rain is a wasted vote! C'mon!

12.19.2007, 10:09 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

quote:
Well one point for Wolf's Rain is a wasted vote! C'mon!

To be honest, I'm surprised it didn't receive any other votes. I always thought it was pretty popular.

No love for fruits basket either. Maybe Kaz can change that. If we could vote for 6 shows it would have made my list. FFF might be able to help out with that too.

T.C. is gonna be quite pleased to see that his thread has become a literal overnight hit.

Post last edited by Seiji on 12.19.2007, 10:37 AM.

12.19.2007, 10:28 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Being pretty much obsessed with all the fluffy romantic-comedies i'd probably choose either OHSHC or Fruit Baskets. Its nice to watch something pretty and silly and funny sometimes

12.19.2007, 12:02 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes, but can you list your favourite ever top five? That's what we're doing.

12.19.2007, 12:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh Sorry :S Ok Top Five:
1. OHSHC
2. Fruit Basket
3. Hmm Naruto (Though I Love Bleach Too)
4.The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
5. Princess Tutu

12.19.2007, 12:28 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I sure will Seiji!

1. FRUITS BASKET!

2. Ouran High School Host Club - only seen like three episodes but all the guys are so cute!

3. Yu-Gi-Oh (not GX) - this series was OK, enjoyable if slightly long, over dramatised duels, cool monsters, cool characers... but a really, and I mean really crappy ending.
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion - again, I've only seen a couple of episodes but it looks good.
5. No number 5 I'm afraid, I've only seen 4 animes.

12.19.2007, 12:42 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YAY!
thanks for making this come alive finally everyone, especially the girls, who had previously been absent. and thanks to all the people like Seiji and Saddles who are here to clean up after me and fix everything for the tallying.

presuming i have at least got this one right, this is the scores so far and while it might not be enough for a consensus quite yet but it still gets us a top ten list (as in there are ten that have more than five points). if the alot of animes are tied then perhaps we could even run a poll on them to see which one comes out on top.

note: I havent bothered changing the later place numbers yet.

1st place Honey and Clover with 19 points
2nd (joint) place Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō (His and Her Circumstances) with 15 points
2nd place (joint) Neon Genesis Evangelion with 15 points
3rd place (joint) Cowboy Bebop with 9 points
3rd place (joint) Fruits Basket with 9 points
3rd place (joint) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya with 9 points
3rd place (joint) Ouran High School Host Club with 9 points
4th place Ima, Sokoni Iru Boku (Now and then, here and there) with 7 points
5th place (joint) Azumanga Daioh with 6 points
5th place (joint) Samurai Champloo with 6 points
6th place Scrapped Princess with 5 points
7th place (joint) Shingetsutan Tsukihime with 4 points
7th place (joint) Sola with 4 points
12th place (joint) Beck with 3 points
12th place (joint) Mushishi with 3 points
12th place (joint) Princess Tutu with 3 points
12th place (joint) Rozen Maiden with 3 points
12th place (joint) Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (She The Ultimate Weapon) with 3 points
12th place (joint) Yu-Gi-Oh with 3 points
12th place (joint) Naruto with 3 points
17th place (joint) Kimi ga Nozomu Eien with 2 points
17th place (joint) Kino’s Journey with 2 points
17th place (joint) Maison Ikkoku with 2 points
20th place (joint) Death Note with 1 point
20th place (joint) Gundam Seed with 1 point
20th place (joint) Haibane Renmei with 1 point
20th place (joint) Princess Tutu with 1 point

that would so far make the top ten..
H+C
Kare Kano
NGE
Bebop
Fruits Basket
Melancholy
OHSHC
Now and Then
Azu Dai
Champloo

12.19.2007, 06:17 PM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
fizzy
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.04.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fizzy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

late to this thread...

5 Points- Honey and Clover (I and II)

4 Points- Mushi-Shi. Beautiful series, it's a combination of Nausicaa and Princess Mononoke with the relaxed atmosphere from Only Yesterday.

3 Points- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
2 Points- Nodame Cantabile.
1 Point- Haibane Renmei

Tempted to put classics like NGE and Sailor moon up but these are probably my current favourites.

Is it me, or was 2007 a weak year for anime coming out in Japan (in terms of quality)? I'm only following Moyashimon at the moment, nothing else strikes me as interesting.

Post last edited by fizzy on 12.19.2007, 08:58 PM.

12.19.2007, 08:58 PM fizzy is offline   Profile for fizzy Add fizzy to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Not so fast!

Princess Tutu should have 4 votes, since both I and Nausicaa Cat voted for it, but at the moment it is listed in two spots. So let me go ahead and fix that...and add Fizzy's...

1st place Honey and Clover with 24 points
2nd place (joint) place Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō (His and Her Circumstances) with 15 points
2nd place (joint) Neon Genesis Evangelion with 15 points
4th place The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya with 12 points
5th place (joint) Cowboy Bebop with 9 points
5th place (joint) Fruits Basket with 9 points
5th place (joint) Ouran High School Host Club with 9 points
8th place (Joint) Ima, Sokoni Iru Boku (Now and then, here and there) with 7 points
8th place (joint) Mushishi with 7 points
10th place (joint) Azumanga Daioh with 6 points
10th place (joint) Samurai Champloo with 6 points
12th place Scrapped Princess with 5 points
13th place (joint) Princess Tutu with 4 points
13th place (joint) Shingetsutan Tsukihime with 4 points
13th place (joint) Sola with 4 points
16th place (joint) Beck with 3 points
16th place (joint) Rozen Maiden with 3 points
16th place (joint) Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (She The Ultimate Weapon) with 3 points
16th place (joint) Yu-Gi-Oh with 3 points
16th place (joint) Naruto with 3 points
21st place (joint) Haibane Renmei with 2 points
21st place (joint) Nodame Cantabile with 2 points
21st place (joint) Kimi ga Nozomu Eien with 2 points
21st place (joint) Kino’s Journey with 2 points
21st place (joint) Maison Ikkoku with 2 points
26th place (joint) Death Note with 1 point
26th place (joint) Gundam Seed with 1 point

That makes our new top ten (without bothering to analyze ties):

Honey and Clover
Kare Kano
Evangelion
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Cowboy Bebop
Fruits Basket
Ouran High School Host Club
Now and Then, Here and There
Mushishi
Azumanga Daioh

I'd say that's a pretty great top ten

Post last edited by Seiji on 12.19.2007, 10:07 PM.

12.19.2007, 09:58 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Just looking at Theowne's picks, I'm confident it was a countdown as well. Though we'd have to ask to be sure.

That would be correct.

You see, I don't actually read threads, just glance over them and "assume" what they're about

quote:
Nothing has ever bit me as hard or as often as Honey and Clover.

I agree, and it's just a well-made anime as well - no scene feels out of place. I suppose it appeals to different sorts of people, but at times the drama of the most simple things can affect you more than something violent or destructive. It was really the anime that persuaded me to start watching anime again, after starting to think I had "grown past" anime for a while.

Post last edited by Theowne on 12.20.2007, 12:28 AM.

12.20.2007, 12:25 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by fizzy Tempted to put classics like NGE and Sailor moon up but these are probably my current favourites.
Well, this is supposed to be your top five EVER favourite TV series, so you might want to rethink that. It's not about what's your current favourite. I assumed the purpose of the thread was to guide people into buying watching the best anime around, not what people are currently enjoying a lot.

If anyone else wants to change their list in light of that feel free!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.20.2007, 02:30 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fizzy Tempted to put classics like NGE and Sailor moon up but these are probably my current favourites.
Well, this is supposed to be your top five EVER favourite TV series, so you might want to rethink that. It's not about what's your current favourite. I assumed the purpose of the thread was to guide people into buying watching the best anime around, not what people are currently enjoying a lot.

If anyone else wants to change their list in light of that feel free!

So basically you're saying "if anybody wants to change their vote to NGE it's ok by me"

NO LOBBYING!!!

12.20.2007, 05:50 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks