QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - fave anime character of all time
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » fave anime character of all time » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
quote:
I actually feel proud to be equated to Shigure, I think he's pretty cool, easily my favourite FB character.

Really? Why? I agree with Kaz on this one...he's just a little too creepy for my taste.

Hm, that's interesting. I don't see him as being at all creepy. Remember I've not read the manga so discount the manga-Shigure entirely. In the anime he comes across as a lovely person, very diplomatic and humorous.

Perhaps you should define 'creepy' to begin with. Do you mean 'perverted'? If so I just don't see that in the anime at all. Ayame is perverted, no question, he runs a shop for transvestites.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.04.2008, 04:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

really?
i thought it was for sexual fantasies that included that of gays and straights.
hehe,ayame rocks.
fai is totally hot!
he looks very huggable.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.04.2008, 06:31 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
quote:
I actually feel proud to be equated to Shigure, I think he's pretty cool, easily my favourite FB character.

Really? Why? I agree with Kaz on this one...he's just a little too creepy for my taste.

Hm, that's interesting. I don't see him as being at all creepy. Remember I've not read the manga so discount the manga-Shigure entirely. In the anime he comes across as a lovely person, very diplomatic and humorous.

Perhaps you should define 'creepy' to begin with. Do you mean 'perverted'? If so I just don't see that in the anime at all. Ayame is perverted, no question, he runs a shop for transvestites.

Shigure is definitely perverted when he's with Aaya. And hey, Hatori, and Yuki and Kyo all think he's perverted. AND he writes... those books. Which, if read at all, should be read by adults.

01.04.2008, 06:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

makes me wonder how hatori become close friends with ayame and shigure.
does anyone accually know?
dont say its cos they were in all the same classes cos you can be in the same class forever and still not like someone.

01.04.2008, 06:40 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Who can say? Perhaps it was a case of opposites attract.

Or what's more likely is, they became friends with him, not he became friends with them. If you get what I mean.

01.04.2008, 06:45 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

maby he was a loner and they invited him to hang with them and thats how they did it.
happens all the time if you have a personality like his.

01.04.2008, 06:49 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah I know it does. I'm a loner myself most of the time. ^_^'

Ooh, maybe that's why I like him so much, I relate to him...

01.04.2008, 07:26 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

i was a loner when i was in primary school.
then i hit high school and my old class mates barely recognised my pesonality.
i then set about turning all my friends into otakus and its totally working

01.04.2008, 07:32 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Where in the anime does it say what sorts of books he writes? And lots of authors write adult books, that doesn't make them creepy.

Hatori, Kyo, etc may just misunderstand him?

Who is Aaya? Can you refresh my memory please?

But look also at Shigure's good points, look at how diplomatic, thoughtful, sensitive, intuitive and wise he is, look how he cares for Tohru when Yuki and Kyo are fighting etc. Look at his fun side. How can he be creepy?

Again, please, anime Shigure only.

Ayame definitely makes a reference to 'gentlemen customers' and 'large sizes' when he talks about his shop, its obvious what that means.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.04.2008, 07:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

aya is shigures nickname for ayame.

01.04.2008, 07:37 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm willing to concede that Ayame is definitely one odd customer. I do not wish to be named in the same sentence as him.

I guess I ought to watch the series again, I'm *sure* the Shigure I saw wasn't the one the rest of you saw.

Hm, well at least he dresses cool.

01.04.2008, 07:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Right I have to agree that in the anime Shigure has moments where he acts like a perv but it's all in good fun and he redeems himself with some of his thoughtful actions towards people like Tohru.

I guess my opinion of the anime Shigure has been distorted by his personality in the manga, which is really creepy as in he's cold and cunning...manipulative as well. And his humour isn't funny...it's just not very nice. He's not very nice. And he's not the kind of person I like.

Anyways, even looking solely at his anime character, I wouldn't say he's one of my favourites. He's such a flirt and although he has his redeeming moments...I dunno, I just don't like him that much.

As a side note, is it just me, or are a lot threads becoming Furuba threads lately? xD

01.04.2008, 07:53 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Where in the anime does it say what sorts of books he writes? And lots of authors write adult books, that doesn't make them creepy.

Hatori, Kyo, etc may just misunderstand him?

Who is Aaya? Can you refresh my memory please?

But look also at Shigure's good points, look at how diplomatic, thoughtful, sensitive, intuitive and wise he is, look how he cares for Tohru when Yuki and Kyo are fighting etc. Look at his fun side. How can he be creepy?

Again, please, anime Shigure only.

Ayame definitely makes a reference to 'gentlemen customers' and 'large sizes' when he talks about his shop, its obvious what that means.

In episode 6, it's revealed that Shigure writes perverted romance novels. Maybe Kyo misunderstands him, but I very much doubt that Hatori does. Aaya is Ayame's nickname. And hey, even in the anime, Shigure can be oddly cold sometimes.

01.04.2008, 07:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
As a side note, is it just me, or are a lot threads becoming Furuba threads lately? xD

About that, i think you can blame me and harmony. I don't really know about harmony but I am definitely a certified FB otaku. And sorry for double posting. Unintentional.

Post last edited by Kazegami on 01.04.2008, 07:56 PM.

01.04.2008, 07:55 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
In episode 6, it's revealed that Shigure writes perverted romance novels. Maybe Kyo misunderstands him, but I very much doubt that Hatori does. Aaya is Ayame's nickname. And hey, even in the anime, Shigure can be oddly cold sometimes.

Right! And that reminds me of his character in the manga and makes me dislike him even in the anime.

01.04.2008, 07:55 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Strange how girls pick up on that but I just didn't even notice it. Honestly I just do not see it. I just see his really positive points, he has far more positive points than ANY other FB character, barring possibly Tohru. There's the difference in the sexes for ya!

01.04.2008, 08:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hm, it does seem that only guys like Shigure a lot (not counting NausicaaCat that is). he's my Dad's favourite character. But, as fenkashi said, he is a really pretty unpleasant character in the manga, perhaps that's warped our views a bit. It's as if we've been given the "truth" about him, and that's changed our way of seeing him. In truth it's probably best to keep anime and manga separate but it's hard when they have the same name and characters and you love them both.

01.04.2008, 08:14 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi As a side note, is it just me, or are a lot threads becoming Furuba threadslately? xD
Time for someone else then:

Now is that or is that not a really interesting character? Look at that sensuous face. Look at the humour in it. Putting aside the fact that she's gorgeous, she's full of the craziest zany fun, she drinks like a fish, loves take-outs, has awesome dress sense, she's got a very dark unhappy past and lots of vulnerabilites that need protecting, she's intelligent, drives fast cars and in times of pressure can seriously kick ass, she's one tough woman.

She's in my top 3.

01.04.2008, 08:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

She's that girl from NGe isn't she? I don't like her. She's too loud for my taste.

01.04.2008, 08:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Correct. Yeah, she's loud but she has her sensitive moments too. She's just a person capable of anything, that's her appeal for me.

She'd be awesome at a party

01.04.2008, 08:27 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks