QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started reading Ten Count, a BL series that seems to be very popular at the moment. It's about a man with OCD and a young counsellor who befriends him. I'm only a few chapters in but it's very nice so far.

My Anime List

03.19.2018, 10:09 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
night_bird
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.03.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by night_bird Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now I read only the Evangelion. For something else, I will not have time until summer.

04.08.2018, 03:30 PM night_bird is offline   Profile for night_bird Add night_bird to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just started a 4-volume set called "Wish"... Been a while since I read it, so I started it again...

04.28.2018, 02:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
4minute
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by 4minute Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

reread my favorite death-book! Although I know it by heart already)

05.11.2018, 05:20 AM 4minute is offline   Profile for 4minute Add 4minute to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually reading two at the moment...
"Kimi ni Todoke"

and another series

"Brides" by Kaoru Mori
This one is about different tribes in the Persian Desert around the 1900's or later as near as I can make out. It involves the stories of different brides and the hows and whys they were chosen. Also some of their life stories and an English guy studying the culture and taking notes and how he is getting mixed onto the pathways of different people.
The tales are a quick read and the artwork is very, very detailed at times. When I can copy some examples I will post them...

I recommend this series...

05.13.2018, 01:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Kimi ni Todoke" had 2 seasons of anime as well. It was very cute. Typical stumbling-bumbling high school romance.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.13.2018, 02:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
"Kimi ni Todoke" had 2 seasons of anime as well. It was very cute. Typical stumbling-bumbling high school romance.

It is that. I've read it before, but felt that I'd like to read it again. I'm not sure if I seen the anime or not. I'll look around.

I'm at the part where it is just after the Christmas Party and where Ryu's older brother is visiting...

edit:
Just remembered that one of my Bingo good luck charms is a figure of Sawako... the kind that attachs to a cellphone...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.13.2018, 06:42 PM.

05.13.2018, 06:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished reading the "Chobits" manga series... Enjoyed it as much as the other times I've read it... I'll rewatch the Anime soon...

Reminded me why I have the Sumomo tattoo on my arm...

06.10.2018, 04:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Reading King games: Origin.

06.22.2018, 04:58 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Reading my "Love Hina" manga again, on Vol 2, but I may not go all the way through the set this time. It is still funny and I laugh at the poor guys misadventure's throughout the volumes, but I have other serious Historical reading and research that I am having to do and so I just using the reading of this as a kind of relief valve, so to speak, a break that is.

06.22.2018, 07:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Reading a series titled "Tomo-chan Wa Onnanoko!"

08.14.2018, 12:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Reading my volumes of "Chobits", on vol 6 right now...

10.19.2018, 06:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last week I read the first two volumes of Ouran High School Host Club. I had to do part of it for a translation homework assignment. It was pretty fun, even if some of the humour feels a bit too much of its time.

It was definitely better than the other manga assignments I've had (Bleach and Black Butler).

04.28.2019, 08:24 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Last week I read the first two volumes of Ouran High School Host Club. I had to do part of it for a translation homework assignment. It was pretty fun, even if some of the humour feels a bit too much of its time.

It was definitely better than the other manga assignments I've had (Bleach and Black Butler).

That's a coincidence, I just picked up the first volume of OHSHC the other day. Haven't got far since my lack of vocabulary has made it slow going, but it's a nice bit of nostalgia.

My Anime List

05.03.2019, 08:33 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can imagine it would take a while to read it entirely without translation. It's got that style of comedy where every character, major or otherwise, seems to need to react to everything that happens, so you end up having a lot to read.

Having said that, I was never into it at the time, but I could also appreciate the nostalgia.

05.06.2019, 08:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Does anyone know of an English manga version of "Mimi Wo Sumesaba" by Hiiragi Aoi?

The English title is "Whisper of the Heart"... I have read that it was first published in a Japanese magazine in four editions or something like that...

I found something posted by Roar, a scanlation (?). but when I tried to access it, a password was required, which was given, but when I tried to enter it said that the password was invalid...

This is as far as I have been able to get...

08.16.2019, 10:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm rereading Shimanami Tasogare in Japanese. Never actually finished it first time around so I'll try to get through this time, I really like it. I've never seen such a good, realistic, sensitive portayal of a variety of LGBT characters. The art style is so nice too. Feel like I said all this before. It still stands!

My Anime List

09.24.2019, 05:44 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Reading "Densha Otoko" (Train Man) by Hitori Nakano & Wataru Watanabe... I've finished the first 2 volumes and will finish vol. 3 tomorrow...

Ok, skipped a day or so, T! I finished the series today and, as always, totally enjoyed the ending... I was happy for Train-san and Hermess-san...

I myself was never with the In-Crowd when I was in school either and my first real 'relationship with a girl' (both in serious talking and hugging and kissing') in 10th grade was cut short by my family moving across country because of my stepfather's military transfer... I still remember her name, Susan Spratt... Yes, that was her last name and the clothes she wore to school, could have been worn on a date. It impressed, but did not awe me...

I will always wonder what would have been the outcome if we hadn't moved...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.10.2020, 09:48 PM.

01.09.2020, 02:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

After the superb "Aku no Hana" by Oshimi Shuuzou I decided to have a read of his other epic manga "Happiness". I couldn't stop reading it and ploughed through until it got darker and darker and bloodier and bloodier and more grotesque until I simply had to stop. It seemed a lot like "Oyasumi Pun Pun" which had its dark parts but was a very engaging story until it got darker and darker until I drew a line.

Its a pity, I'll never know how either of them ends but then again I'm not sure I want to.

Recommended if you like blood, horror, gore and more blood but otherwise, avoid. His artwork though is stunning and he can put you inside the head of an insane person very quickly. I can recommend the first 2 or 3 volumes for the incredible artwork alone.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.15.2020, 11:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
poncholumps
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.23.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by poncholumps Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds interesting!! Would love to try reading it too.

03.26.2020, 03:15 PM poncholumps is offline   Profile for poncholumps Add poncholumps to your buddy list
[  «    ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks