QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - D.GRAY-MAN
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » D.GRAY-MAN » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this manga sounds a lot like hundreds all ready out on the market why is this one any different?

02.14.2008, 12:23 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

uhhhh...i dont know, accually, considering its got those stereotypical stuff.
its got the slightly wimpy guy who becomes the strong hero, the bishojo who falls for said hero, the a-hole who hates the hero and viceversa but still helps, the idiotic pervert best friend of hero, the really evil guy, the....ok, im gonna explain it better.

akuma are dead souls trapped in mechanical armour things that are forced to do what the earl of millenium wants it to.you think thats the stereotype monster but when you see how allen thinks about it you feel sorry for them.you see, when allen was 12 he turned his dead dad into an akuma so the dad cursed him with this eye that can see Akuma souls and it shows the souls are crying cos they dont wanna be evil.
since allen can see all this,when he destroys akuma he doesnt see it as killing or destroying he sees it as saving them cos the souls stop suffering and go to heaven.
i think what i mean is the show isnt just "beat bad guy and mosters" its "beat bad guy and save monsters".

does that make any sense?cos thats what seems different to me.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

02.20.2008, 02:38 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ohh yay! theyre gonna dub dgm!
i hope aaron dismuke voices allen, thatd be perfect!

02.20.2008, 03:08 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry but it still sounds like the common title's already on the market...

02.20.2008, 09:59 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

its still good. it doesnt have onepeice syndrome or inuyasha suyndrome or anything!
if it ever comes out in aus you should look at it.
or, if you get youtube, look at the original.
no boubt the dubbers shall slaughter all the cool bits...
the story really doesnt take off till allen gets to the dark organisations hq though....heh, i love that place....

02.20.2008, 10:43 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

slight spoilerPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

argh!! after allens INNOCENCE returns his hair is done like sasukes! put it back, put it back!!
die sasuke die! why do they want to retreive him?!
*faints*

02.23.2008, 01:16 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

yeah, thought id bring this thread back since the shows popular...with some.

anyone else into it?

Post last edited by harmony-of-mar on 06.11.2008, 11:37 PM.

06.11.2008, 11:36 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yup!

My Anime List

06.12.2008, 02:41 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

yays! greatest thing ever this year!
apparently, the author came up with the series in the bathroom. funny.

hehe, lavi's name means young lion.

06.12.2008, 11:26 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Young lion huh? That just gave me a brilliant idea for a fanart.

Wait... that's what I said when you said his name originally meant 'ribbons'... o_0

Freaky.

My Anime List

06.13.2008, 02:59 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

no, that was either fff or nc.

hey, if tyyki's last name is mykk, then why is his brother sheryl's *sniggers* last name kamelot?
or camelot, depends who translated it.

06.13.2008, 05:08 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well it's freaky either way.

And ya, about Tyki... hm... maybe he's Sheryl's stepbrother? Hey, wait... does that Kamelot thing mean that Road is Sheryl's daughter? 0_o

My Anime List

06.13.2008, 11:33 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

no, theyre definately related, they look almost exactly alike.

and yeah, sheryl is roads dad, and tykki is her uncle. weird, three noahs in one family, no wonder the mum gets sick from stress easily.

06.13.2008, 09:23 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
twirble
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.15.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by twirble Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would skip the 20 or so episodes of filler after the Krory arc and go right to episode 51...there are some good eps in there, but is so sub par compared to the rest of the series it makes me sad. The Suman arc through the arc arc are particularily amazing.

Does anyone else what to see a Cirque Du Soleil version of the last couple of arcs?

06.25.2008, 10:15 PM twirble is offline   Profile for twirble Add twirble to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

....wow, a circus performence of dgm? Trippy.

and you shouldnt need to skip arcs, cos even if they dont relate to the main plot theyre still good, and fun to watch.
the thing about dgms fillers is they dont suck ^^
long live ep 18!
lol, allen is an octopus.

06.25.2008, 11:36 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
twirble
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.15.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by twirble Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some people dropped the show because of the filler though..I guess I will just suggest the skipping ahead to those who get bored of it.

06.26.2008, 11:04 AM twirble is offline   Profile for twirble Add twirble to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

spoiler alertPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ok. i admit though, i did get sick of suman, and the eps where kandas team were...well, they werent really doing anything, dasyia just got killed.
but the rest aint that bad.

06.26.2008, 11:24 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am coming here because I was told to, yay!!

I am on the second half of episode one. I am epicly far in this series, you know. Umm . . . yeah.

Request: In other threads, people sort of have given away spoilers . . . gah, try not to!OK, I am done now, ha.

07.11.2008, 05:30 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

okey dokey ^^

07.11.2008, 05:54 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay, thanks!!

And it's funny, and I'm not complaining at all - but I know who some of the characters are before they appear in the show, sorta funny . . . haha. =D

07.11.2008, 06:14 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks