QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Bishonen! (discussion + gallery)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Bishonen! (discussion + gallery) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*woot* My thread is alive and kicking again! XD

@ FFF - Ouch, that guy is hawt! Who he?

My Anime List

03.23.2008, 07:14 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Sorao
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sorao Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, what an interesting forum lol~
It always disturbs me when manga artists go waay over the top with the effeminate thing, though. There are a lot of people who are considered real bishonen in Japan, but I mean, bishonen doesn't necessarily mean "effeminate."

Directly translated its pretty much just "beautiful boy".

Why can't we stop shooting back?
Is it a vicious circle?
The azure sky is clouded with smoke...

03.23.2008, 08:16 PM Sorao is offline   Profile for Sorao Add Sorao to your buddy list Send an Email to Sorao Homepage of Sorao AIM Screenname: SORAO321
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To Japanese eyes perhaps but to western eyes bishounen are feminine. More so than non-bishounen males, certainly.

I thought that was the whole point of it?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.23.2008, 08:21 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Sorao
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sorao Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually, I was just complaining about how many bishojo artists go over the top drawing bishonen, because the term "bishonen" doesn't really have a direct link to "effeminate".

Why can't we stop shooting back?
Is it a vicious circle?
The azure sky is clouded with smoke...

03.23.2008, 08:51 PM Sorao is offline   Profile for Sorao Add Sorao to your buddy list Send an Email to Sorao Homepage of Sorao AIM Screenname: SORAO321
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, boys' facial features are generally more likely to be described as "handsome", while "beautiful" would more likely refer to a girl or woman. Hence effeminate guys.

03.23.2008, 08:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

or, as we fangirls call them, total hotties

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

03.24.2008, 02:20 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
*woot* My thread is alive and kicking again! XD

@ FFF - Ouch, that guy is hawt! Who he?

Um.. *goes and grabs her Legal Drug manga* Kazuhaya Kudo. He actually appears in the Tsubasa anime at a drugstore. Or was that HOLiC...? I prefer him coloured. I like Kakei more. Or am I just attracted to gay guys with glasses? ._.

Yeah, I like cuteness. ^^ I've never been attracted to ones that are manlier. It's true in real life for me though. ^^; Just very.. girly.. Which is why people think I'm gender confused. -.- So not.

The guy on a picture an artist in the alley sold to me is rather handsome. But I can't read her handwriting on the back because it's too small so I can't go and see if she has a website or something with her pictures. >.< Shoot, her style's so interesting, too. There were a lot of talented people there..

03.24.2008, 07:44 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ignore.

Post last edited by harmony-of-mar on 03.24.2008, 05:58 PM.

03.24.2008, 05:44 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

wanna know what ive noticed about bishies?
the bastard a-hole slightly emo character is the one who at the end of a major fight or battle is the most bloody, injured and with messy hair.
i wonder why that is?

03.24.2008, 08:11 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
wanna know what ive noticed about bishies?
the bastard a-hole slightly emo character is the one who at the end of a major fight or battle is the most bloody, injured and with messy hair.
i wonder why that is?

Because...

^^ Don't let me complete this sentence. *wtf moment inside her head with all the voices and Noelle smiling. What the hell were you gonna say, dammit?!*

My sister and I have an odd fetish with characters that look weak, covered in blood or chains, and messy hair. Ahem.. *yeah.. Noelle is gay, so..* The Muffin Prince had better not read that or he'll never let me live it down.. >.>

My sister would say the hottest guy in that moment would be Arren from Gedo Senki. I totally ruined her fangirly moment. A very random line came in.

But she likes Ikuto from Shugo Chara! and Kyou from Fruits Basket most. god knows who else..

And my friend who doesn't even like anime liked Syaoran when she saw my posters. @.@

03.24.2008, 09:06 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

...i like sakuras brother toya.

03.24.2008, 09:31 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why?

He's arrogant and treats his servant/friend/priest with total indifference. Not to mention he makes fun of sakura and tries to get in the way of her realationship with syaoran.

03.25.2008, 04:22 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
harmony-of-mar
Baron

aye, fair enough, but he was pretty to look at.
he was a complete.....uh....ok, cant come up with an insult.....well, he was really a jerk in cardcaptors, and basically the same in the crossover appearences, so....yeah, not sure where im going with this...................
hey, why do the emo bastard characters always have the most fangirls and love interests? its kinda stupid......

03.25.2008, 04:33 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
He's arrogant and treats his servant/friend/priest with total indifference. Not to mention he makes fun of sakura and tries to get in the way of her realationship with syaoran.

He does not treat Yukito like that! Methinks you need to rewatch again, didn't you notice that in both scenes with him and Yukito, he makes Yukito call him Touya instead of 'King' so they can still feel like friends? That ain't indifference, uh-uh.

Heheh, he is a bit of a jerk when it comes to Syaoran x Sakura. I think he's just playing the part of 'annoying older brother' here.

My Anime List

03.25.2008, 12:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, Yukito was my first anime crush. ^^

And then I figured out he was kinda gay. :3

And then Fai came along. XD

So lemme see.. Obsession with Yukito lasted about.. 3 or so years.. Fai's.. About two. ._. OMG.. O_O

And Eriol came second.. Y'know, they should totally add him in the Tsubasa manga before the end.. Uh, nvm. XD i just got this really funny idea. I blame you fanfiction about making you think wrongly! >.<

Me and my friend sat in the forest and counted how many gay guys there were in anime with long hair and glasses. We came to 15.

Soubi from Loveless definitely beats all the gay guys there are.. I can't believe I'd forget Yukito and Soubi! Disgraceful, Shi-chan! >.<

03.25.2008, 09:18 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

my first anime crush was van from zoids chaotic century (the good series) cos i thought he was cute.then he kinda went emo in guardian force and went to alviss, off mar, who strangly enough is also somewhat emo.
so now i like the boys off dgm, one of whom is emo.

what is it about emo bishies we all seem to like?

03.25.2008, 11:20 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I wouldn't know, except for Kyoichi. He's like that though because he had to grow up really fast as a child and tried really hard to retrieve his brother from the other side. His mother abused him, and he sort of forgot about his own self. And feelings in general. Yet he attracts all his friends to him this way. He's pretty though, completely black because of mourning. One of the only manga to find that the characters don't have school uniforms.

I like the weaker ones. X3 Because ya can build em up. OK, I dunno how to describe the ones I like, because there's no easy way to sum it up..

And Endrance is awesomeness. He has frigging Gaara's voice. My friend wants to dress up as Endrance for the next con and cling to my hip the whole time. But if I'm forced to dress as Haseo... Heck no. T.T

03.26.2008, 06:04 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
what is it about emo bishies we all seem to like?

Maybe we love to feel sorry for them?

My Anime List

03.26.2008, 06:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

Nah, it's because we love thinking we're better than them. "Thank goodness I don't have their problems"

03.26.2008, 07:03 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
quote:

Nah, it's because we love thinking we're better than them. "Thank goodness I don't have their problems"

Ooh, cynical! >.<

Umm... were you being serious? Or sarcastic? Just so I know how to reply.

My Anime List

03.26.2008, 07:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks