QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

haven't posted here in a while...

Can't remember what I posted here as I may have deleted it from Photobucket. Let me know if this is the same one, Kaz...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.22.2013, 02:02 AM.

05.21.2013, 04:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry husky, but it isn't showing! Can you rehost the image maybe?

05.21.2013, 06:03 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Odd, it's showing for me.

My Anime List

05.21.2013, 06:21 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is odd! Not showing up for me either.

05.21.2013, 06:25 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, I have something up...

05.22.2013, 02:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Definitely not the same one as before.

My Anime List

05.22.2013, 06:54 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

My error. It has been so long since I used my Photobucket page, I forgot that if i 'cleaned up' my library, it erased my posted pics...

I had to re-do all of the pics i posted yesterday in the Gen Discussion site...(luckily I still had them)

05.22.2013, 10:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I found this still from Kotonoha no Niwa almost eerie - spooky. I see so much of Nausicaa in her face in this shot, the hair style, the eyes, the sense of loss. It made me stop and stare for ages.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.06.2013, 04:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Having seen the film and knowing the scene, you might see a sense of sadness in her expression, but to me it looks more like a wistful or light smile as if she is thinking of something that mildly amuses her or make her feel good inside.

06.06.2013, 04:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My Anime List

06.11.2013, 08:37 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oooh, Kaz, that's beautiful. Haunting too. I hope her lover is just absent and not dead. Is it from a series or movie?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.11.2013, 01:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It is very beautiful.

Sadly, they're OCs. This and a very similar piece were all I could find of them.

My Anime List

06.11.2013, 02:13 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

In a way that's a relief; we can make up our own story about them. A happy one.

06.11.2013, 04:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Moar sadness.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.13.2013, 11:20 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Very nice Roar, do you know any more about it?

06.13.2013, 01:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nah, just something someone somewhere posted on facebook

I do love that railing/bench mix though. I'm surprised it's not being universally replaced as a roadside barrier, the innovativeness is outstanding.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.14.2013, 03:22 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Generally really well designed things such as these are the province of architects who demand high fees, so its probably part of a showcase development and city councils wouldn't be able to afford them as a universal street feature.

I for one thought it looked damn uncomfortable. I also think its part of the frontage of the building its built - er - in front of. There's another curved bit in the background which seems to correspond with the curved entrance portico of the building so I guess there's a second doorway just here, out of shot to the right.

Doorway = she may be waiting for someone. Or its a block of apartments and someone she knows lives there.

Why not put her umbrella up?

Another story picture.

EDIT: Mm, on second thoughts the building looks more like shops or a department store. Too much glass at street level for apartments or an office.

What's she holding? It looks like a CD case?

06.14.2013, 05:54 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
What's she holding? It looks like a CD case?

Since it appears to be glowing, I would assume it is her phone.

06.15.2013, 07:34 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Generally really well designed things such as these are the province of architects who demand high fees, so its probably part of a showcase development and city councils wouldn't be able to afford them as a universal street feature.

Just happen to click the link

I agree with you on the point that they demand unusual price but it is because of the effort. In my university i see how those architecture students work like a day labourer(passive point of view). By this hard work they gain what is called realization of structure and nature relationship. This IS their seeling point i cant blame them

I mean if you pay thousands of dollars for just a ordinary but designer dress then why you can not pay millions to buy a designer house.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 06.15.2013, 04:10 PM.

06.15.2013, 04:08 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Since it appears to be glowing, I would assume it is her phone.

Oh yes, so it is. I never even saw the light on her shirt sleeve and assumed the bright square in her hand was light reflecting from the sky off a plastic CD cover.

Mm, she's definitely in love then. Unrequited perhaps. Or just been rejected. She's got a terribly sad face.

We need more happy pictures!

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.15.2013, 09:00 PM.

06.15.2013, 08:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks