QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74    »  ]
Totorosfantasy
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.23.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Totorosfantasy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't think the second season was terrible. I thought the introduction of Pinocchio as a direct rival to Triela was a great backstory. She's easily my favorite character. In case you haven't gotten the chance to you, you should really check out the entire Manga series from beginning to end. This is no typical Marvel comic book we're talking about.

03.12.2015, 11:43 PM Totorosfantasy is offline   Profile for Totorosfantasy Add Totorosfantasy to your buddy list Send an Email to Totorosfantasy
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I already have, it was great in the beginning but somewhere towards the end the politics kinda overshadowed the storyline.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.13.2015, 08:40 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Totorosfantasy
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Totorosfantasy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The politics was a huge factor in the series. That's what really got me hooked in it. It wasn't about some evil dark overlord trying to take over the world like your typical anime. The political issues made it all to real.

The fanfic that I've written doesn't exactly pick up from where the Manga ended. It borrows a main plotline in the story and takes a detour. It's the point when Triela finally finds out the truth about her backstory from Mario Bossi, and her subsequent consequences when she meets up with Hilshire later on.

03.13.2015, 09:01 AM Totorosfantasy is offline   Profile for Totorosfantasy Add Totorosfantasy to your buddy list Send an Email to Totorosfantasy
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looks like Pocky and green tea...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.15.2015, 06:46 PM.

03.15.2015, 06:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Totorosfantasy
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by husky51

Looks like Pocky and green tea...

I've got that wallpaper.

03.16.2015, 09:25 AM Totorosfantasy is offline   Profile for Totorosfantasy Add Totorosfantasy to your buddy list Send an Email to Totorosfantasy
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I liked it because (to me) it looks like she was just playing to herself without an amplifier, just kicking back with the Pokky and tea and someone walked in and surprised her and she is a little embarrassed...

03.16.2015, 10:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Totorosfantasy
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I liked it because (to me) it looks like she was just playing to herself without an amplifier, just kicking back with the Pokky and tea and someone walked in and surprised her and she is a little embarrassed...

Can't go wrong with the blushing look on anime wallpaper lol.

03.16.2015, 12:08 PM Totorosfantasy is offline   Profile for Totorosfantasy Add Totorosfantasy to your buddy list Send an Email to Totorosfantasy
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Such an inconsistent style, this artist. Good, though.

My Anime List

03.16.2015, 04:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Somehow reminds me of sophie after she grew young again. I'd understand why Howl likes her, haha.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

03.19.2015, 06:49 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Yes, a mature, more knowing look in her features...

03.19.2015, 05:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mm, I can see it.

Same artist, again...

My Anime List

03.21.2015, 10:21 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I can't really describe what I'm feeling from this picture...

03.22.2015, 12:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Looking at sakimichan's old art is really nostalgic for me...

My Anime List

06.04.2015, 08:50 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.26.2015, 03:12 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Well she looks sweet. Can't tell if that's a scarf or a turtleneck though.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.28.2015, 06:10 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thunk it's a scarf. Either way, The styling is very well done.

07.28.2015, 09:22 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One more for Roarkiller. It's not anime but... I couldn't resist this.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.08.2015, 10:50 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, nope, not anime, skirts too long, but the jumper might be about right, lol

08.08.2015, 01:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

That looks suspiciously like a doll. I know she's not, but still, that expression is just...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.09.2015, 07:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think its an utterly beautiful picture. The light in the bamboo is amazing and the inter-war feeling of the camera and uniform reminds me of those two group pics we found months ago.

And of course her face.

... captivating.

Husky - sure some anime school uniforms have skirts that long! Shizuku's for example.

08.09.2015, 02:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks