QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  70  71  72  73  74  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Saddles:

For some reason it is not coming through???

I just get the little square icon...

12.21.2016, 03:59 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That should work.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.21.2016, 05:47 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This time I got the picture... not the square...

Beautiful...
EDIT:
Both of the other pictures came through that time as well...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.21.2016, 08:51 PM.

12.21.2016, 08:48 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Going back to page 59...

http://www.onlineghibli.com/tavern/threa...d=5&page=59

And the picture of the 3 girls graduating with 4 diplomas...

I discovered its called "Spring 1946, we four will graduate together".

We had a fairly long discussion about the picture and the artwork and then someone (Roar? Husky?) found a second pic with all 4 girls in it.

Its called "The Season of Light".

Today, while trundling around on Pixiv I found the artist. They call themselves Fujiwara and their work is very colourful and a strong fantasy element:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=27517

The two pictures we know have a third one and that is all the artist did on the subject of these schoolgirls. Its called "Hikari ni tokeru" which Google translate tells me is "I take it to the light" which is a really lovely title:

I'm so pleased I found this. There's some discussion in the comments sections that accompany each picture, perhaps someone who reads Japanese can shed some light on the discussions. I ran a few comments through Google translate and got the idea that some people were being political about Japan's actions in the war but others were making positive comments about the story the three pictures potentially tell.

All 3 pics comments pages:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?m...lust_id=3602563

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?m...lust_id=9056159

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?m...ust_id=37612267

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.10.2017, 06:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

04.19.2017, 10:24 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is so easy to flood this thread from da alone

that is not even interesting. Hundreds of beautifully done girls there.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

04.20.2017, 02:27 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

any way, here is the girl that I find the most "relatable", and maybe anyone in northen hemisphere will, as well.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

04.20.2017, 06:55 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That Kara no Kyoukai art is great. I love that rendition of Fujino.

04.20.2017, 07:39 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thought this was nice.

My Anime List

04.23.2018, 07:09 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Its not showing Kaz. If it's Pixiv I think you need an account. I copy pasted the link into a new tab but still no joy.

04.24.2018, 06:13 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I forgot you can't link from Pixiv. Let's try that again...

My Anime List

04.25.2018, 11:01 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ooh, so pink.

04.25.2018, 12:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
4minute
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by 4minute Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pink beauty!

05.11.2018, 05:09 AM 4minute is offline   Profile for 4minute Add 4minute to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

10.11.2018, 06:37 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thought this was cute, and I love the detailing. It's titled Witches Late for School.

My Anime List

05.28.2020, 10:38 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hahah, that made me laugh, such a fun idea and I love the blonde girl's expression. The detailing, as you say, is so well done.

08.26.2020, 10:55 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by makc
This is so easy to flood this thread from da alone

that is not even interesting. Hundreds of beautifully done girls there.

beautifully done!

01.25.2021, 09:59 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
[  «    ...  70  71  72  73  74  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks