QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pahaha, love that last one. Kaito, what happened? o-o Lul. Gakupo just chillin' under the table.

But yeah. I just saw this on DeviantART's front page and thought it was pretty cool.

My Anime List

05.20.2012, 06:02 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is that Black Cat???

I seem to recall a post of her not long ago... Can't find it tho...

I LOVE that bag in the back.... and the car looks cool, too...

05.20.2012, 09:57 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm just looking at the one-sided windscreen and am reminded on why I have this love-hate relationship with vintage cars.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.21.2012, 05:36 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats so good. Great detail and colouring on the car and... well I guess that's one place a girl can stash her cash.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.21.2012, 02:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahhahahaha, it's done all the time, saddles... lol

05.21.2012, 03:50 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lul, I never even noticed that until you said.

Don't want to get on the wrong side of this girl. P:

My Anime List

05.30.2012, 08:05 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

No, I wouldn't want to diss this young lady...

I used to have a percussion cap rifle almost that same size... although mine didn't have a bayonet and did have a brass butt plate curved to fit a small shoulder. I believe that it was cut down for a boy...

Wish I knew what happened to it....

05.30.2012, 12:16 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
No, I wouldn't want to diss this young lady...

I used to have a percussion cap rifle almost that same size... although mine didn't have a bayonet and did have a brass butt plate curved to fit a small shoulder. I believe that it was cut down for a boy...

Wish I knew what happened to it....

Back up.

You lost a rifle?!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.31.2012, 01:07 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, somewhere when we were moving around... It didn't work, but I had wanted to restore it when I got the chance... I think my mother had something to do with its disappearance... I was about 24 or 5 when I last remember having it... The wood around the lock mechanism was all rotted away, but the lock worked fine...

You gotta remember that I moved around a LOT back then... Heck, even here in this city I've lived in six different houses... Never evicted tho, that I can say...

One house, 4 months after I moved in a realtor came by and asked if he could 'show' the house to prospective buyers... My landlord never mentioned that so i went to another house for 2 yrs... Then THAT landlord sold the house... Even the one I'm in now is for sale, but the owner won't get the price he's asking...

sorry to get off topic...

topic:

I love girls... llol

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.04.2012, 03:32 AM.

05.31.2012, 06:41 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If it was a percussion cap and was all rotted it may even have been a Civil War era gun.

And that girl... is a bit muscular for me. Its a cool piece of art though.

The hat is surely far too high on her head?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.03.2012, 07:48 PM.

06.03.2012, 07:47 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

In her defence, you can't see the eyes otherwise

Probably the only bob-top girl I like.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.06.2012, 04:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Cute girl, Roar...

As for the hat, could it have been purposely raised with a framework to promote air circulation for cooling???

06.06.2012, 07:00 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
If it was a percussion cap and was all rotted it may even have been a Civil War era gun.

And that girl... is a bit muscular for me. Its a cool piece of art though.

The hat is surely far too high on her head?

Woah. I did not notice those muscles till you mentioned it. That's ... odd. I might need more sleep xP

06.06.2012, 08:52 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
As for the hat, could it have been purposely raised with a framework to promote air circulation for cooling???

I thought it was common knowledge that this was true of most traditional Asian hats. Rice paddy hats don't rest directly atop the head, either; they're held a little above the head by a band inside.

06.06.2012, 09:54 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Aha! A sound technical reply. Its why I love this place so much.

I think I've read somwhere that the conical hat did come down a long way, giving shade to the eyes and when a Samurai rode past the peasants bowed, etc and if one raised his gaze so far as to show his eyes, cruel and arrogant Samurai might draw their swords and kill them, for no reason beyond having lifted their gaze to look at them eye-to-eye.

06.06.2012, 10:52 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Aha! A sound technical reply. Its why I love this place so much.

I think I've read somwhere that the conical hat did come down a long way, giving shade to the eyes and when a Samurai rode past the peasants bowed, etc and if one raised his gaze so far as to show his eyes, cruel and arrogant Samurai might draw their swords and kill them, for no reason beyond having lifted their gaze to look at them eye-to-eye.

And I heard it was a myth. Quick, to the Google-mobile!

The 2nd pic reminds me of Saiunkoku Monogatari, Shuurei. Here's a comparison:

Here's the best pic I found of her (sadly, a side view):

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.06.2012, 10:25 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Myth - yes, almost certainly.

Roar - your second pic isn't working. I like the first one though, it has a very old school style about it. Bigger image here:

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/1...1-2560-1692.jpg

Looking at other pictures from that series the bishie-factor seems high too.

06.07.2012, 09:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Did someone say bishie? |D

Well, turns out I've been watching this artist on DeviantART for a while... they just submitted this today:

An older version of someone we've seen before. She's called Youmo apparently, from anime called Tohou... Though I think the full title is longer than that. I hear she's half-ghost, so that explains the blob thing.

My Anime List

06.07.2012, 12:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Wow, that is a great picture. I love it. Her hair is so well done and the shadow and light in the creases of her shirt/top/whatever it is.

And thanks for explaining the blob. What didn't come out in the pic I found but which shows in this one is what a great figure she has!

I think I shall check out that anime.

Apparently the same person - presumably when younger. Does a half-ghost age? How does one become a half ghost??? Ag!

http://static.zerochan.net/full/14/07/432864.jpg

http://konachan.net/image/6fc90c0539adf9...ou%20weapon.jpg

I liked the motion and viewpoint in this one very much:

http://kazasou.files.wordpress.com/2009/...-white_hair.jpg

Mm, pretty dress!

http://www.hongfire.com/cg/data/3/Konpaku_Youmu_touhou1.jpg

Interesting style - the clothing particularly:

http://www.hdwallpapersdesktop.com/1280x...es/image285.htm

I like the motion in this one too:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8IUAdjsZrGw/Tm...ou%2Bweapon.jpg

Another pretty one:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-t2iELwacQ9M/Tm...Bwhite_hair.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Yplixft4RO8/Tm...Bwhite_hair.jpg

Nice detail on the katana scabbards, hilts and strings:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0b0go1u0nAQ/Tm...74%2Bsample.jpg

Looks like mysterious ghosty stuff going on here:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PjmrsLtdNPs/Tm...90%2Bsample.jpg

Great crisp style with hard contrast:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_m-ULWtmG8s/Tm...ou%2Bweapon.jpg

Ah! Love this one too:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rOWksEqhYjc/Tm...04%2Bsample.jpg

This character seems to have attracted so many talented artists.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gjoJ7Z7ko_A/Tm...05%2Bsample.jpg

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.07.2012, 01:43 PM.

06.07.2012, 01:21 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I like the 'konachon' pic (2nd link) the best. I like the way she seems to be coming up and drawing her katana in the Iaido style...

06.11.2012, 12:46 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks