QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Girls!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by Farren
ohhhh the chick from cow boy bebop the movie is hot. the one who fights spike in the factory that is

Why don't you a start a Bishojo thread to go with this one? I'm pretty sure it'd be just as popular.

I decided to take this seriously.

Enjoy!

03.07.2008, 04:12 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I'm pretty sure it'd be just as popular.

ah, havent you paid attention to some of the guys here I'm sure the only reason it wouldnt be as popular would be that it could quickly become distatseful

I'm sure i'm beating a few people to the punch here..

Post last edited by T.C. on 03.07.2008, 07:29 AM.

03.07.2008, 07:24 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, nice one.
I really liked Haruhi too, 'cept I think she was bit too wacky for that liking to be something other than me just enjoying the character. Kinda like Osaka. Miruku was a bit too squeaky for me, so Nagato was my favourite.

Otherwise... I really liked maho from Beck. She was a very heart-warming character.

03.07.2008, 09:07 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
Kinda like Osaka.

And on that note:

03.07.2008, 09:22 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hehe, yeah i know what you mean JRR, but i am only judging her on her character.. i have a girlfriend in real life

@Arren: What about Sakaki??

03.07.2008, 09:29 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by T.C.
@Arren: What about Sakaki??

Very well.

03.07.2008, 09:37 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think the whole AzuDai style is not there to just make the girls pretty, if you know what I mean.
I've come ot love all the characters just because of their characters and not ebcause of the way the look as well. I mean... Sakaki is supposed to be the "Pretty" one and the art style doesn't really make her "pretty" in t he traditional anime sense. But her character, and why people like her, comes over anyway. That's something I really like about AzuDai.

03.07.2008, 09:43 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Hee hee, I'm trying to guess who won't!

quote:
Originally posted by T.C.
it could quickly become distatseful.
How? Aren't girls pretty?

@ Arren: Rather oddly there are some bits of Sakaki in my RPG character.

I'm too busy working right now to go looking but I have seen a couple of screenshots of Motoko from Ghost in the Shell, just close ups of her face where she looks super cool, sometimes she gets depicted as a ridiculous babe, other times she comes across as a strong character. I respect her leadership strengths.

03.07.2008, 09:43 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
I think the whole AzuDai style is not there to just make the girls pretty, if you know what I mean.
I've come ot love all the characters just because of their characters and not ebcause of the way the look as well. I mean... Sakaki is supposed to be the "Pretty" one and the art style doesn't really make her "pretty" in t he traditional anime sense. But her character, and why people like her, comes over anyway. That's something I really like about AzuDai.

Well, I see what you mean... but I dunno. I would say they're all quite cute in their own way, but I wouldn't call them "hot" or anything like that. But then, I never see anime characters in that way anyway.

03.07.2008, 09:51 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This thread is necessary and it wont become distasteful, I think from all the people that I know here, no NSFW images will surface. Let me dig into my collection, eventually, I first need to watch some more Higurashi.

EDIT: Here are a few that I can dig up.
Band shot from the girls of Higurashi. Is it just me? Or is the band thing getting pretty popular? You can keep the drummer far far away from me, and Rena looks like an angel, ah!

Matsuri and Aono, both are just great characters, Matsuri is still so awesomely full of awesomeness.

And I'm cutting this out to make into a sig, but man it is a pain, but Sia and Nerine together are always adorable

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

Post last edited by Miyrru on 03.07.2008, 11:49 AM.

03.07.2008, 11:18 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
ohhhh the chick from cow boy bebop the movie is hot. the one who fights spike in the factory that is

Why don't you a start a Bishojo thread to go with this one? I'm pretty sure it'd be just as popular.

How did I know it would be you? Heh.

And, I was actually being serious when I suggested it. I think it should be fine, just look at the bishonen thread I started, nothing remotely distasteful in there. Just a lot of incredibly fine looking guys. *inner fangirl surfaces* Wow they're so pretty! XD

My Anime List

03.07.2008, 01:18 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And how did I know that you'd say that??

03.07.2008, 01:24 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And how did I know that you'd say that??

LOL, touché.

My Anime List

03.07.2008, 01:35 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JRR

Well, I see what you mean... but I dunno. I would say they're all quite cute in their own way, but I wouldn't call them "hot" or anything like that. But then, I never see anime characters in that way anyway.

Well... it's hard to answer this.
In a way anime characters are often drawn to be attractive and there will often be a fair batch of fan service to complement that purpose.
And i don't really think there's nothing wrong with thinking that some anime girl is really good looking. I don't think I'd go as far as some of the ladies here in the bishounen thread seem to be going , though theres nothing wrong with that either, but anime characters are often drawn to be - and will be - attractive.
Now, in AzuDai I get that Sakaki is the pretty one and you get that form the character, but in terms of what the actual drawing - and not here representation in the anime - looks like, I don't think she's that attractive.
Take Haruhi for example. Though she's not really my type (a bit less crazy would be nice) she is drawn to be attractive. Tomo-chan in AzuDai is bascially the same character, without supernatural interests (they are very similar), but she is not that attractive. In the context of the narrative she might be, but visually - and purely visually - she isn't... necessarily.

I'm not trying to stress anything particular here or put some anime's down (believe me, AzuDai is my 2nd favourite anime of all time), but I hope I managed to get my point across.

03.07.2008, 01:48 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Okay, I think I understand you. Because Azumanga Daioh has quite a basic art style, the characters don't have that effect. And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with liking characters in that way, it's just that I personally don't.

03.07.2008, 01:52 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I personally think Sakaki is extremely pretty, the way her eyes are drawn, the way she blushes and her mannerisms all combine to make a delightful character.

Remember she isn't supposed to be cute and isn't viewed as cute by the other girls but is seen as 'cool'.

And of course there's Kagura too:

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.07.2008, 05:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Yeah, apart from the obvious funny Osaka, Kagura is my favourite character. Her character really appeals to me and as opposed to many characters in AzuDai, where you feel that they are supposed to cover a certain standard character (which I'm totally fine with), she seems more real. And she is the most pretty too.

EDIT:
Kagura!

Haruhara Haruko from FLCL is pretty awesome too:

As is this one:

Post last edited by Loscil on 03.08.2008, 10:29 AM.

03.07.2008, 08:52 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
As is this one:

Oh, SWEET! XD I used to have a couple of dogs like that...

My Anime List

03.09.2008, 07:36 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Great Kagura fanart JRR!

Looks like I might have to have a rummage around in my images folders and see who I have in there... 8]

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.09.2008, 01:24 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

great we need a thread like this

03.13.2008, 10:06 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks