QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched "Storks" ... Now I know where the Baby Boomers came from...lol

Then watched "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi"... Still pretty enjoyable...

10.04.2017, 11:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Went to the cinema with friends the other day and watched Kingsman: the Golden Circle. I've never seen the first Kingsman film, but I still really enjoyed this one, it was a lot of fun!

My Anime List

10.06.2017, 12:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched "BFG" the adventures of 'Sophie' who is kidnapped by a BFG (Big Friendly Giant) who takes her to giant country inhabited by child-eating giants, but he only eats vegetables, not children.
Her adventures involve the Queen of England, Corgi's and many, many others...

10.07.2017, 09:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I 'm in love with Hanasaku Iroha here. normally I hate series, and long series even more so. But this one has the potential to be like 3rd one with 20+ episodes that I will actually finish. It is about city girl who works in an inn, so basically spirited away minus supernatural.

edit: ok, finished it. It was great up to e13, I think, then e14 was beach episode, and from there it went downhill to the point where I had to use seek bar to go through some episodes. Pity.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 10.10.2017, 08:01 AM.

10.07.2017, 10:35 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
ragstack
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ragstack Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't watch any movies today, but yesterday I watch Atomic Blonde

11.08.2017, 06:28 AM ragstack is offline   Profile for ragstack Add ragstack to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Thor Ragnarok last night with my boyfriend.

11.08.2017, 11:08 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

To both rompglide and ragstack:

Welcome to the Tavern! We hope that you will enjoy it here and post often...

Again, Welcome...

11.08.2017, 11:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched the muppet's style movie "Dark Crystal"... I liked it, vur=t not as much as I originally had in the past. Maybe I am spoiled by the better, IMO, movies since I last saw this one...

11.08.2017, 09:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha, I remember I found The Dark Crystal very creepy as a child. I love the fantasy films of that time though, things like Labyrinth, The Neverending Story... they had a very distinct atmosphere that you just don't get anymore.

My Anime List

11.08.2017, 09:31 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Ha, I remember I found The Dark Crystal very creepy as a child. I love the fantasy films of that time though, things like Labyrinth, The Neverending Story... they had a very distinct atmosphere that you just don't get anymore.

I saw all three of those movies and even more I'm sure whose names I can't recall at the moment... And I agree with you about the 'atmosphere' of the films then...

11.09.2017, 03:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It seems the Henson "grown up Muppet" era fantasy films have a fair cosplay following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB2HTAcbmck

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.09.2017, 09:24 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Dang you, Saddles.....

That lead me to about 30 minutes of viewing different clips, one after another after another!!!

The next time I need a costume I'm going to remember the one shown,,, plain white tee-shirt with the words...

Error 404
couldn't find costume.

Meanwhile, back at the beginning, the effort and skill to make AND master the technique of 'striding'!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.09.2017, 12:57 PM.

11.09.2017, 12:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

Some others of a certain atmosphere were like the "Thin Man" movies, or "Citizen Kane", all B/W films and dozens more that I watch late at night in the 50's and 60's. I don't think they can ever be made the same or enjoyed as much as they were back then... Even the original "War of the Worlds" remake can't compare IMHO...

11.12.2017, 12:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Earth to Echo" movie last night... meh

12.01.2017, 03:41 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ryuji35
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.11.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ryuji35 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just saw Coco a while ago! <3 One of the best films I've seen

Bou: I am not afraid of blood, let's play!

12.03.2017, 01:51 PM Ryuji35 is offline   Profile for Ryuji35 Add Ryuji35 to your buddy list
Threewishes
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.23.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Princess Mononoke today and came here to read discussion about it... Couldn't find any long threads with quick looking so I gave up.
I don't know if this has been mentioned before by someone, but to me, the climax of the story is not even halfway to the film. It's when Ashitaka stops Eboshi and San from fighting and speaks to the crowd watching them. At least it is my favourite scene - something about the choice of words in Ashitaka's dialogue gets me feeling that it is very well made.

Post last edited by Threewishes on 12.06.2017, 02:16 PM.

12.06.2017, 02:13 PM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I have Princess Mononoke in my DVD player for my next watch moment. Tied up with doing some historical stuff from where I live right now...

Threewishes, I remember the scenario that you are referring to and I will look at it with your input in mind this time through...

You are relatively new to the Tavern, but anything about a Ghibli would mostly be in the Ghibli Discussion area. If you can't find a thread for the Ghibli movie you are talking about, feel free to start a new thread. That is what I do, rather than resurrecting a thread from ages ago... lol

If I'm wrong, arren will smack my knuckles, lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.06.2017, 02:57 PM.

12.06.2017, 02:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Threewishes
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.23.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry about this, I realized it after I had posted the reply. I would have deleted it if I could.

12.06.2017, 03:07 PM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Threewishes
I'm sorry about this, I realized it after I had posted the reply. I would have deleted it if I could.

Heh, heh, heh don't be sorry about it, threew, it is something everyone has done over the years(and still do sometimes

Except me, of course... I NEVER make mistakes, I'm da old guy...

12.06.2017, 06:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nothing to worry about! And husky is quite right - you can certainly make a thread in Ghibli Discussions if there's something you want to talk about. As far as I'm concerned, you can bring back an old thread if there's something particular there that you want to discuss again, or just make a new one if you prefer. I don't think there have been any specific Princess Mononoke threads in some time.

12.06.2017, 11:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks