QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What Movie(s) did you watch today? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hearing so much about these two releases, I'm gonna have to break down and drag my butt to the local theater, lol

08.05.2023, 11:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished watching:

"The Thief and the Cobbler"

Written and Directed by: Richard Williams

Richard Williams was also in the Animation Dept of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" But the films are nothing alike...

08.26.2023, 02:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think I know that film, but it does remind me I haven't seen Roger Rabbit in a LONG time.

08.26.2023, 04:18 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I was going through my MSN Outlook and saw a mention of it with a link, which took me to YouTube for what I thought was a preview, but turned out to be the whole movie... It was in English, but because of my partial hearing loss, I brought up the subtitles, which followed the dialog fairly well, but with many small typos...

08.26.2023, 09:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched a heartwarming movie titled "Kit Kittredge, an American Girl"

08.28.2023, 04:16 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched the movie "Cop and a Half" About a rag-a-muffin cop teamed up with a girl about 12 to catch a city terrorist! Some melodrama with humor...

09.04.2023, 10:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
toriforiumu
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.23.23
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by toriforiumu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched three movies this week!

Black Swan with Natalie portman

Kotoko

and Ponyo!

09.13.2023, 11:55 PM toriforiumu is offline   Profile for toriforiumu Add toriforiumu to your buddy list AIM Screenname: miu YIM Screenname: miu
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Army Dog" yesterday... About an Army K9 soldier who comes home, bringing his retired dog with him... Not at good as I had hoped, but there it is...

09.15.2023, 10:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's been a online Japanese film festival lately, with a selection of films available to stream, so last night I watched Hanagatami. A very strange film (but I've seen this director's work before so I was expecting it) with interesting reflections on war and some really visually striking moments.

10.26.2023, 08:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching "Beetlejuice", of course... lol

10.29.2023, 03:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I watched Pulse (Japanese horror film) for Halloween! Having a young man who doesn't know anything about the internet as a major character was very of its time (2001) but it was all suitably spooky.

11.03.2023, 05:17 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I've watched a few horror films through the years, Like "Psycho" or "Nightmare on Elm St", etc, but it hasn't been one of usual movie genre's...

My Ex, now.. the scarier the better, but for me, as I got older, I gravitated more to the humorous ones, like "Ghostbusters" or "Beetlejuice"..

I had enough RL nightmares, lol. Being shot at 5 times as a Security Man, Driving a School Bus full of student campers and almost totally losing the brakes coming down a mountain and another time as a Mechanic up a different mountain, just me aboard this time, the bus engine quit, limiting the amount of air that I had for the brakes, dreading when the air got low enough that the brakes locked up, lol First time encounter with a good-sized nosy shark... jolting awake a few times from a nightmarish dream, usually about family...

Not in the same class as an Eddie Kruger scare, but close enough, lol...

11.03.2023, 12:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Sacketts", a movie based on two Louis L'Amour Sackett Family Novels "The Sacketts" and "Daybreakers"...

Also watched the final episode of 'The Kind-Hearted Cat"..

11.05.2023, 01:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2"..

Then "Chicken Run" and "Chicken Run, Dawn of the Nugget"...

All corny, but the "Chicken Run's" were funnier, imo...

01.21.2024, 09:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I haven't seen it in many years, but I remember the original Chicken Run quite fondly. I heard the sequel was pretty good too.

01.22.2024, 07:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

A few days ago, I watched the series "Ooku: the Inner Chambers".. A very good story, but be adviced, IMDB has it rated for 'MA'..

Another one I watched was only 12 minutes long... Won an Oscar Award in 2020... It was a very emotional film for its shortness, but I have watched twice now... "If anything happens I love you". As short as it is, I'll not say anything about it as anything that I said would spoil the effect of the film...
I followed it with the series "My Happy Marriage" about a young girl/woman having to deal with her life as a child and as a woman...

The movie I watched last night (after watching the 12 minute one again) was "Bubble", a lively, adventurous film...

02.02.2024, 04:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Matilda the Musical" and "Sea Beast" adventure on the High Seas!!! (Didn't realize that I'd seen this one before, until about 1/2 hr into it... still finished it, lol)

02.05.2024, 09:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

And tonight I have watched and enjoyed the anime movie "Ladybug & Cat Noir" and the "Aquaman" live action movie... followed by "The Monkey King"...

I am surprised, somewhat... I suspected it from the title ... Back around 1960, I saw an animated movie from the back seat of the family car (I was 13/14 years old) that was titled "Alakazam the Great" about a obnoxious monkey trying to be the King of the animal kingdom, but had to prove that he was worthy of the title first...

A variation, but I think "The Monkey King" is also a variation of the old Chinese fable...

BTW, "Alakazam the Great" is what started my love of anime... and I was able to acquire a DVD of it a few years ago...

02.06.2024, 03:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Riverdance, the animated adventure" and I loved the animated Riverdance sequences!!! I couldn't hardly keep my eyes off of the mahrny feet!

I finished the night with "Minions and More 1"... a series of short clips of Minions with other characters, like the Grinch (both young and old, lol)...

02.09.2024, 01:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched the adventurous "Finding Ohana" last night.. A live action film...

Just finished watching the Ghibli films "Goshu the Cellist" and "Gin-iro no Kami no Agito" (from Spirits of the Past" tonight...
..............Did some looking and "Gin-iro no Kami.." was a Studio Gonzo film, but it was on a Studio Ghibli disc with other Ghibli films...

(Edit... Gin-iro no Kami information)

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.11.2024, 09:47 PM.

02.11.2024, 03:16 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks