QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - husky 51`s poems
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions husky 51`s poems Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
seasprite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.22.08
  husky 51`s poemsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

he`s at it again with his poems--
@ husky---good one for nono!!!!

to all--who else got one????

here`s one of mine---(probably the only)

I do like husky`s poems
mine own are very bad
i cannot write them well as him
this makes me very sad

04.19.2008, 08:20 AM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why, thank you, seasprite... That was very sweet...

and you did quite well so don't fret.

I've started doing this to welcome any of the newbies (like myself) and I hope that the regulars in here don't mind. It is kinda fun for me. If any of the regulars want me to write a poem for them, holler at me and I'll try to do my best.

My poems may not always make sense, but they rhyme and that's what matters to me.

I don't know how I do them, really. I do have a rather large vocabulary and that helps, I suppose. I just think of the name of the person, and type the first thing that comes to mind and continue on from there. I never plan ahead what I am going to write, I just start typing and, voila! there it is. After I've finished writing, I then go back and tidy it up, maybe it rhymes awkwardly or whatever so I clean it up a bit.

Sometimes it's hard to change a word or line for another that means the same but is different in sound or syllables, but that is part of what makes it fun. Like doing crossword puzzles.

Thank you again, seasprite for your kind words.

BTW, sailor on what?

04.19.2008, 10:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
seasprite
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ husky
yes i am a sailor
have sailed the seven seas
but keeping sealegs on dem ships
plays havoc wiv de knees!LOL

04.19.2008, 10:40 AM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
seasprite
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ husky.ships my dear!(sorry couldn`t resist)big grey ones with numbers on them

04.19.2008, 10:41 AM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

whats your rating? I was a gunnersmate. worked with 5"38 cal guns, 5" rockets (not missiles), and small arms

In gunnery, I was
Not my choice, I fear
In radio, I wanted,
But couldn't type so clear.

lol, see seasprite, you made another little one. not too hard, are they

04.19.2008, 11:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
seasprite
Ohmu

only leading hand,joined up as a survey recorder but someone got it wrong and i ende up as a sonar specia
list......however i went over to the dark side and am now a medic(independant duty coreman for the americans out there)i had to wait five years after applying for medic to get my training ---which kinda explains my meteoric rise through the ranks!!!---- what i want to know is why can`t americans spell foetus and diarrhoea-----it`s not as if they miss spell other words---except oedemayes i am quite good at scrabble!!!)

yes my name is seasprite
in sickbay i do dwell
i fix poeple wot are broken
and conditions yanks can`t spell

lordy it`s catching Arrrrrrrghhh!!!

04.19.2008, 01:29 PM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha

Life's a beach,
For liberty.
Drinks and fun,
Sobriety?

Hey WE know how they're spelled, we just don't speak the Queen's English... lol We drop the 'O' if they're not pronounced, so put that in your boot with the spare tyre... lol

I will say this about US Naval Corpsmen, these guys have got to be the bravest, nerviest guys in the world especially when they attach with a US Marine Corps unit. The Marines do not have a medic staff of their own, Navy Corpsmen go into battle right along side the Marines and provide medical aid when needed. I think that there are more Medal of Honor (America's highest military award) awardee's in the Naval Corpsman ranks than any other unit in the Naval Service....

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.19.2008, 01:59 PM.

04.19.2008, 01:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
We drop the 'O' if they're nor pronounced, so put that in your boot with the tyre... lol

favourite.

04.19.2008, 01:54 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
Originally posted by husky51
We drop the 'O' if they're nor pronounced, so put that in your boot with the tyre... lol

favourite.

Hahaha, OK, same with the unpronounced 'U's lol

What have I started,
The war of the words,
An ocean, we're parted.
Bring out the herds

All people the world
Around us they roam
On oceans that whorl'd
And earth with its loam

The wealth of the earth,
Gold, rubies and baubles.
We value our mirth
For curing our troubles

Matter it not
The spelling I say
It's all for nought
We know how to play...

04.19.2008, 02:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
seasprite
Ohmu

@husky----attached to the marines--ROYAL MARINES? you couldnt pay me enough!!! no i`m a diver medic and EMT(remote areas)

dont you even think about dying
not on my watch you won`t
i don`t want to see your wife crying
so don`t think about it
dont

hey not like me to wax serious!!!

come on you lot join in--theres gotta be some worse rhymes than mine out there?

04.19.2008, 04:03 PM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Don't know if that was generic or for me, but regardless, no wifey, no more , in fact, my son's told me she has remarried....

yea, my name's my own again...

sheesh......
had a real nice one written and accidently erased it... > grrrrrrrrrrr!

I don't plan to dye
Too much the bother
Besides the hair's
Too short to color.

Oh, you meant the other,
The mortal coil shuffle.
Well when it's my time
Then I'll pack my duffle

I like this ol' thread
It's neat and it's fun
If I get off topic
I don't have to run...

For me it's all right
If I go all spammy
I just wax poetic
Go bacon and hammy

I put words together,
No rhyme and no reason
Don't have to make sense
No matter the season

Christmas and New Year's,
Valentine, Easter
Grill the ol' bunny
And nibble his keister...

The rump meat is juicy
Or so I've been told
As long as you get it
Before it goes mold.

Enough of this rhyming
That's all of it now
I've got to go out
And sweat up my brow...

04.19.2008, 04:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
seasprite
Ohmu

SPAM!
ham is quicker but spam is thicker

okay
sorrysorrysorrysorry.lol

04.19.2008, 04:55 PM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by seasprite
SPAM!

okay
sorrysorrysorrysorry.lol

hee hee hee

Why this can't be spam
Thread is Husky's poems
If I post some poetry
The rule I've followed's Forums...

or at least the discussion of the poetry... lol

EDIT:
Nice avatar, sprite

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.19.2008, 05:07 PM.

04.19.2008, 05:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
seasprite
Ohmu

@ husky----thanks for that about the avatar---how long did THAT take me to do eh??

@ALL

cannot do a ditty
nothing rhymes with avatar
if your name is howler
do what he did
and have a car

ohmygodnowicanthelpitanymoreallthisrhymingsmademesore

now,who wants to submit a haiku??

I dare you all

04.19.2008, 05:17 PM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Oh, you don't wanna....

rough one, took about 3 min...

The ocean is so wild
My ship gets tossed wildly
My love is greater

very rough, takes time to compose a good haiku

EDIT:
I don't like it, too much repetition...

I do a better ( ) one later...

Better composition of above, maybe

The ocean is so wild
My ship, violently thrown high
And love is greater

A little better, maybe.

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.19.2008, 05:41 PM.

04.19.2008, 05:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
seasprite
Ohmu

was only kidding about haiku....but COOL!!!!

why o why doesn`t anyone join us, it`s starting to look like a sailor mini club.... sort of a cosa nautica.

04.19.2008, 06:08 PM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

cosa nautica...cute...

No, it goes like this sometimes, seems like hours go by and no one is posting, then all of a sudden, a virtual torrent of posts. could be in here that no one wants to do poems, etc. more into visual art skills which they are very good at it seems. Plus, they have other interests as well.

here's a couple:

ssh! the silent wood
treetops wave, earthly moving
totoro awakes

or

springtime sky is blue
diamond in the shouting, RAH!
peanuts, popcorn, beer

(miyrru will like that one maybe... lol)

did my PM reach you?

@seasprite... (nothing rhymes with avatar)

Sure there is...Car, bar, star, har (as in har de har), far, gar (a fish), jar, mar, par, tar (that's us), y'ar (as a pirate goes)... calendar, insular, similar, spar, parr (small fish), guitar, cigar, bizarre, char, and many others...

See! a whole bunch... sure, I had to start thinking about them before they came to mind. Do what I did long ago for crosswords (prob work for scrabble as well), is get a crossword dictionary with a rhyming section. That helped me think about words sounding alike, etc.

Enjoy...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.20.2008, 12:28 AM.

04.19.2008, 06:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i feel quite out of place here

04.20.2008, 04:17 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Farren

i feel quite out of place here

Ya ain't the on'y one.

Personally, I feel that rhymes make a poem not, but the meaning. Sadly, I don't have a wide enough vocabulary nor a natural ability to come up with original poems on the fly.

What I can do though, is to take another song/poem and conjur up my own lyrics. They're always a hit with my friends. Like the famous army song "I don't know but I've been told", but starts off with my famous life motto: I don't know and I don't care.

Also known as the DKDC philosophy

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.20.2008, 04:56 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by seasprite
SPAM!
Thank you Spike Milligan

Who also wrote one of my all time favourite pieces of doggerel:

There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in,
But the holes are small so the rain is thin.

Ta da!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.20.2008, 05:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks