QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - This... And That Game
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » This... And That Game » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Noodles

Swimming in Fresh water or Salt Water?

11.18.2017, 02:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Threewishes
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.23.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fresh water, because I somehow feel cleaner after dipping in a lake. I have memories of warmer water in the sea though.

Traditional maps or digital maps?

11.21.2017, 06:04 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like maps a lot in general, so I'll say traditional.

Curtains or blinds?

11.21.2017, 10:38 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Blinds, by all means. less overall maintenance

grass and flowers or rock garden?

11.21.2017, 12:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They both have their merits, but on the whole I'm pretty sure I'd prefer a flower garden. Both my parents are gardeners (mum does it as a hobby, dad as his work) so though our garden at home is tiny, it's lovely.

Computer/video games or board games?

My Anime List

11.21.2017, 05:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Call it an age factor if you will, but I tend to like Board Games the best although I have played video games with my kids (when they were kids)...

Photos in old style photo albums or photos on a flash drive?

11.21.2017, 06:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, I find it hard to choose. Having photos in digital form is certainly more convenient for all sorts of reasons, but I think you value them much more when they're physical. On balance, I guess I'll have to say flash drive though.

Camping - in a tent or a caravan?

My Anime List

11.27.2017, 10:20 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

By caravan I assume that you are referring to what we call a trailer here in the states...

When much younger, tenting was the thing, but the last time I slept in a tent was when I was deer hunting by myself back around 1990 or so.

I would opt for a trailer (caravan?) these days. The old bones would appreciate it more, lol...

E-Books or Hard-backed books... (more on this later)

11.27.2017, 12:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Real books by far. On paper.

Sweet or savoury?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.27.2017, 01:32 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Very dependent on my mood of course, but in general I have a sweet tooth. Never go without dessert if I can help it.

Would you rather do a skydive or a deep-sea dive?

My Anime List

11.30.2017, 05:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Deep sea! The sea is really interesting (if a bit terrifying) and I don't really see the appeal in skydiving.

Libraries or museums?

11.30.2017, 09:45 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Libraries... When I first moved to this city in 1982, the very first day I got a library card and have been a library commissioner and later a Trustee. I now work a good deal with the Archivist there and have built a reputation with the library. Even before I was a Commissioner, I had permission to take home books and other material that were not allowed to the general public,
so, yes... Libraries

I recently went up for my first skydive, unfortunately, the plane was so small and my knees hurt so much that my instructor could not get close enough to me to properly hook up for my tandem skydive. I was ready, but the circumstances prevented it. I have already been checking out another site with larger planes...

And I have snorkeled often over the years in Japan, the Philippines, Midway Island and off of the Southern California coast and scuba'd once in Hawaii.

now for the choices:

sailing (either sail or powered) in a small craft or on an ocean liner...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.01.2017, 12:24 AM.

12.01.2017, 12:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Small. I think I've only once been on a really big boat. Even the ferries I've usually been on aren't very big. I suppose an ocean liner could be fun, but to me it's kind of excessive.

Turkey or duck?

12.16.2017, 09:32 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Turkey, by all means... I've had duck and it's ok, but turkey is best IMO...

Riding in Trains or Planes?

12.16.2017, 10:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Trains. Much more comfortable.

Gardens or forests?

01.12.2018, 10:14 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Threewishes
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Forests. I used to live in the countryside, so that's why.

Old-school cell phones or smart phones?

01.13.2018, 06:25 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Smart phone, just as a practical necessity

Rainy days or snowy days?

01.13.2018, 11:37 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Snowy Days, don't get many anymore here near the desert...

High-powered cars or economy cars?

01.14.2018, 02:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Economy. I don't have much of an opinion on cars, but I don't like things like big SUVs that use lots of fuel.

Travelling abroad or in your home country?

01.18.2018, 09:24 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Threewishes
Tanuki

I like traveling so I'll say that. Though last time I have been abroad was almost a decade ago. I hardly even remember how it was like to be in a jet - maybe someday when I head to Japan I'll know once again.

Geology or biology(as a subject of interest)?

01.19.2018, 10:40 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
[  «    ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks