QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - This... And That Game
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » This... And That Game » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ow. hard one. They are both fascinating. Biology has so many branches. If I could choose one, then probably genetics since that's where the cutting edge is now, but geology is so fascinating too. I love being sucked into all that science has to offer - everything it reveals is astounding and understanding the age of our planet is one of the more mind-bendingly cool things about geology.

If you had a choice would you travel to see a total eclipse or the aurora borealis?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.19.2018, 11:17 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aurora borealis. An eclipse could come another time, but no amount of waiting will bring the northern lights to somewhere it just doesn't happen.

Birthday parties or housewarming parties?

01.24.2018, 08:15 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As a kid I would have choosen birthday parties bot as an adult I choose Housewarming parties due to the general comaraderie and friendship of the attendees, at least at the ones that I've attended. ( a whole, maybe two, lol)

Big Pick-up trucks or Small Pick-up Trucks

01.24.2018, 11:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Threewishes
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.23.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My godmother used to ride around in a small pickup truck, so I choose that. I don't have many opinions on cars so I'm a bit reaching with these decicions...Sorry husky if you wanted more well-argued opinion.

As for geology Saddletank, it's really nice to know that it interests you! I happen to be a geology student, and I have not actually encountered many who display genuine interest for rocks and dirt If you're interested, Earth: Portrait of a Planet is a good book for general view on the matter - it was supplementary material for one of our courses, and people who read it recommended it(I unfortunately didn't have the time). I should remind you though that it's quite a long read(close to 1000 pages), and the new hardcover titles cost over 100 dollars on amazon, so I recommend older paperbacks.

If the book is a bit too much, then there's always internet materials(this is not my teacher, I don't live in the US):
http://www.usouthal.edu/geology/haywick/teaching.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dUOCu9jz9A&t=2s

As for the game:

MMORPGs or Lonesome adventurer-type of games, like oblivion and skyrim?

Post last edited by Threewishes on 02.02.2018, 02:48 PM.

02.02.2018, 10:30 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The latter. I've never got into Skyrim-type games exactly, but I think that's closer to what I do like. MMORPGs are definitely not my thing.

Bagels or doughnuts?

02.04.2018, 11:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

DOUGHNUTS!!! By all means...

Pencils or pens when writing notes

02.05.2018, 03:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Threewishes
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pencils, because I often erase and rework my notes.

Fried eggs or boiled eggs?

02.15.2018, 09:30 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Boiled, but #1 is scrambled.

Summer or winter Olympics?

02.15.2018, 07:30 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Summer Olympics....

...Hummus or Mexican-style bean dip?

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.16.2018, 01:28 PM.

02.15.2018, 11:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
amessharris0n
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.26.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by amessharris0n Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hummus! I love Red Pepper Hummus..

Autumn or Spring?

02.16.2018, 06:09 PM amessharris0n is offline   Profile for amessharris0n Add amessharris0n to your buddy list
sunhuntin
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.30.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sunhuntin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

spring, because it means winter is over and the good weather is coming, and no more wet weather gear on the motorbike.

cooked vegetables or salad?

02.16.2018, 09:14 PM sunhuntin is offline   Profile for sunhuntin Add sunhuntin to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

cooked, especially steamed...

public High school or private High school?

02.23.2018, 03:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Threewishes
Tanuki

Public high school. I went into one and found good friends and our teachers really knew how to teach well.

Popcorn or potato chips?

03.20.2018, 11:58 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Crisps (as we call them). Popcorn is good too, but there's less variety and it's something I just wouldn't eat as often.

Wind or rain?

03.20.2018, 08:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Threewishes
Tanuki

Wind, definitely. I went to a gliding course the same summer I found about Ghibli, and windy weather reminds me of the small town airport the course was held in.

Porridge or cereal with bread as a breakfast?

03.21.2018, 02:06 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Porridge is like oatmeal so I will go with that one...

Playing baseball or playing rugby?

03.24.2018, 05:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Rugby, since I'm more interested in it generally. Baseball seems pretty fun though.

Feature films or TV series?

03.24.2018, 08:59 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ohh that's a tough one. Tv series. I don't have the attention span for movies unless they're top quality. Tv I can be a liquor more forgiving with.

Cook for someone or have someone cook for you?

03.27.2018, 11:20 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
thanossapiens
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by thanossapiens Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Ohh that's a tough one. Tv series. I don't have the attention span for movies unless they're top quality. Tv I can be a liquor more forgiving with.

Cook for someone or have someone cook for you?

Someone cook for me - I barely know how to cook

Living in the city or in the countryside?

03.28.2018, 07:28 AM thanossapiens is offline   Profile for thanossapiens Add thanossapiens to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

At my age, I would have to say the city due to the convenience of local stores, neighbors and medical care.

In the past I would have chosen the countryside. As it is, my city only has a population of about 25,000. I'm always running into people that I know. I live at the base of mountains and I'm only a few minutes from the desert. Within 8 miles of my home, I've seen a wild mountain lion; badgers; lynx; whitetail deer; golden eagles nesting, desert tortoise; snakes of different species (including rattlesnakes); black bears (within 30 feet of a mother and cub[scary]); coyotes; skunks...

DVD or Blu-ray?

03.28.2018, 09:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks