QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  635  636  637  638  639  640  641  642  643  ...    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Awww, Husky, I love when that happens. I love connecting with people over stuff like that

HL: Had a nice day off; I read Umineko mostly and I'm gonna watch Bonnie and Clyde tonight. Hopefully I'll enjoy it! Also, my sore throat and cough are getting better, so that's nice.

04.14.2017, 05:56 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: My job interview went well! I have a second one this Wednesday, let's hope it goes well too!

04.15.2017, 05:27 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wishing you well, Flare...

HL:
Had a great weekend and met a number of interesting people...

LL:
My feet and knees hurt!!! sigh

04.16.2017, 02:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: the typical self-interest of political leaders.

04.18.2017, 10:13 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: N Korea and USA sabre rattling. This is genuinely scary. I have hopes Chinese mediation will defuse this craziness.

HL: A late and surprise Easter egg!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.18.2017, 11:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah.. sigh. My family has been so against me wanting to move overseas and only in the past year have accepted that's what I want to do. Now with me applying to move to South Korea they're especially worried. They bring it up to anyone who asks what I'm planning to do next and it turns into an exhausting conversation about North Korea and Trump (thanks, Trump).

04.18.2017, 01:51 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

HL: Yesterday, I did really well at my track meet. I ran the 800 M (Or half-mile) in 2:40. Woohoo me!

LL: Job interview didn't go super hot. I'm supposed to come back again once track is done, and then we'll see. Hopefully, that means a no right now and a yes in a few weeks!

04.19.2017, 05:17 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hoping for the best for you, Flare

04.19.2017, 11:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HHHHHHHHHL:

Finally, some good news on my daughter's end...

I can't go into details, but a certain person said something to a person of authority that was disagreeable to that person of authority and was called on it...

And after reading certain reports, my daughter was told by these authorities that she would NEVER have to go back to this guy EVER again...

Those of you who know me know what I am talking about...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.22.2017, 12:02 PM.

04.21.2017, 01:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Well, I can't say I'm not a little confused, but, congrats, Husky!

04.22.2017, 10:56 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@Flare...

Check PM for a little bit of break down...

hahaha, just read my last post and it IS a bit confusing... I will correct it... It was about 3am, my time...

04.22.2017, 12:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's brilliant news, Husky. I'm glad it's finally working out.

My Anime List

04.22.2017, 10:20 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can guess exactly who you are talking about, Husky. Well done.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.23.2017, 10:27 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
Sigh, driving around some old ruins today and opened my oil pan... towed home and being towed to a repair shop tomorrow....

04.23.2017, 08:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
YAY! Got my wheels back yesterday... I can't hardly believe how busted up that oil pan was!!! Replaced the tranny pan as well, but the mechanics don't think that the cracks in that were from this activity...

04.28.2017, 10:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: had a trip to a small miso factory and then Okazaki Castle today. It was pretty fun! I wish we'd had more time at the castle, the grounds were actually really nice. There was a river running past it with lots of turtles! My first time seeing them here. There were the most enormous koi I've ever seen, too.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 04.28.2017, 11:00 AM.

04.28.2017, 11:00 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Hello, hello! I've been busy, so I haven't been able to get on much, but Monday is my last day of track, so hopefully I'll be able to come on some more.

HL: I had a really good day today. My English paper is super fun to write, Algebra wasn't confusing today... oh, and I did this today in science:

Flare with a Mannequin Head

'Twas a good day.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 04.28.2017, 05:54 PM.

04.28.2017, 05:50 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL/WL: I'm cutting my hair super short for the first time since I was in middle school.

EDIT: Actually ended up with a bob instead but I love it either way. Hairstylist was nervous but everyone loved it when she was done. Going to go shorter next time, I don't think I'll ever grow my hair out again.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 04.29.2017, 09:29 PM.

04.28.2017, 08:49 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, FFF, now we gotta see this 'shortening'... lol

(only if you're comfortable with it, you know that)

lol

=======================================

HL:
Went up the mountain with Tara, Bob and Jay and did some target shooting. Met at a restaurant and had a nice lunch and talked about many thing. I hadn't known that Tara knew so many Amer. Indian words... the other guys were kinda left out of the convo for a bit, lol. She is a professor at a nearby university... We all talked about our different DNA testing that we had done ant then went further up the mountain to a clearing that we have used before. Fired mostly .22's, Jay used one of his Black powder handguns, a Walker Colt iirc, but I played around with my 6" barrel .38 and 9mm (getting rid of that gun) and my .22 rifle. The 9mm is too uncomfortable to fire. One part is that the trigger pull is so hard and the trigger itself is so thin. Tara used her .22's mainly and Bob did the same.

We then went our separate ways, Tara up and us guys down and atopped at the parasailing air park for awhile and I chatted with some of the good people there. After an hour or so (no one was flying at the time, not enough wind for a normal parasail and just no 'speedwings' were flying. They go up, launch and their ride sometimes only lasting less than a minute, gliding down close to the mountainside at a fast rate of descent.

Oh yeah, and a very, very mild rum and coke (for me at least, I was driving)

Then we dropped Jay of at home and Bob and I went to a local burger joint (Hardee's) and had a bite then I dropped him off at home and I went home and went online for a while then and then to bed...

Long day, I didn't get up until 10AM!!!

And now, today, here I am... Only chore I have ahead of me is to clean my guns and wash the dishes... sigh... Some day they may invent self-cleaning guns and dishes.... Yeah, right...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.30.2017, 02:36 PM.

04.30.2017, 02:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

HL/LL: Had my last track meet yesterday. I did rather well! I'm gonna miss track, but on the bright side I'll have quite a bit more free time now, so I should be able to get online a bit more.

05.02.2017, 08:47 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  635  636  637  638  639  640  641  642  643  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks