QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  654  655  656  657  658  659  660  661  662  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

s-s-s-l-l-l-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-p-p-p-p-pppppp.......

05.16.2018, 07:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you'll get enough of sleep when you die, husky, for now enjoy the life with your eyes wide open

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

05.17.2018, 08:25 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL:
Damn, Fire season has started already this year, got a fire on the other side of the mountain ridge southeast of me and the wind is blowing strongly westerly, more or less in my direction, but about 20 miles away. Heavy brown smoke is blowing down around my area. That is what made me look outside and call the Fire Dept to verify what I already knew. I saw the first plume of smoke this AM around 11:15.

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.18.2018, 02:17 PM.

05.17.2018, 09:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Back doing some proper modelling again after about 20 years. Having a great time. This wagon was built from a kit:

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.18.2018, 06:31 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice little model! Good paintwork.

@Husky - Stay safe!

HL: Drinks and games with friends last night, was fun. Sad that it was sort of a farewell party, though. The first of us is going home for summer for the last time... Ech, I don't want to graduate. Yet I'm looking forward to it. Mixed feelings.

My Anime List

05.18.2018, 10:29 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: we baked brownies today.

LL: I think I caught my flatmate's cold. -__-

My Anime List

05.19.2018, 07:35 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WL: I must have a perverted mind as I read that as "we were naked brownies today".

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.20.2018, 08:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, only when I'm skinny-dipping in the sun...lol

It's fun, but there is a time and a place for that activity...

too close to the modeling adhesive, maybe??? lol

05.20.2018, 11:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mixedlight: Found out my JET placement today! It's a relief after feeling like I've been waiting to hear for ages.

The placement though is in Tokyo and...if I'm honest I'd had hopes to be somewhere semi-rural. I've lived in London the past few years and was looking forward to a change of pace. I'm also nervous about finding a decent apartment and I've been attached to a private school which I'm concerned will mean longer/more working hours.

On the other hand, I'm thrilled just to be going at ALL and I think Tokyo will have a lot of amazing things to do. Maybe I would have just got bored senseless being out in the countryside anyway.

05.23.2018, 03:09 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Great to hear, NC! I think you could spend a lifetime in Tokyo and not see and do all the great stuff it has to offer. That's the impression I have, anyway. Plus, at least with the great rail network in Japan it's easy enough to take a trip out of the city to somewhere quieter. I hear Kamakura is lovely.

My Anime List

05.23.2018, 03:25 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's such good news!

I think if you want to submerge yourself in Japanese culture, Tokyo is the best place to base yourself. As Kaz says, from there its a hub and you can travel to many rural places, while if you're down one end of the country in a small town getting elsewhere will be more problematic. Also just STACKS of things for young people to do there, much less of that in the provinces.

Good luck with the job! I'm so envious! Wish I was young again!

05.23.2018, 04:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I hear Kamakura is lovely.

It is, or was when I was over there... If you get bored it Tokyo, NC, take along your 'maid' outfit...

Seriously, enjoy yourself there...

05.23.2018, 07:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
For the first time, I did not enjoy a Ghibli seen at a movie theater!

I went to see 'Porco Rooso' and it was a dubbed version and the first time I've ever seen this movie in English. I've always watched it in Japanese with subtitles and I did NOT enjoy the Engliah version at all. It just seemed so off, somehow. I've seen a few other Ghibli's in English and was never turned off on it as much as this evening. Never again, If I can't see a subbed version, I won't go, period.

05.24.2018, 03:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, Tokyo! That's surprising. I was under the impression that was pretty rare.

I'm not so sure that private/public schools would affect your working hours much. I don't think you need to really worry about that.

05.24.2018, 07:56 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tokyo is pretty cool, as said before it's a base to go so many places.

FFF is moving to Japan too, but to Hokkaido so little far away haha.

Sorry I haven't been on in ageeeeessss life is so busy, just came back from France and Vienna last month.

I have booked my next visit to Japan, next september.

05.24.2018, 09:44 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Always good to see any of the 'old-timers', Koda... lol

Like Saddles, I envy all of you who have the chance to go to Japan. I know that it would be changed from when I was there... I mean, even the exchange rate. When I was there it was 360 yen=$1USD...and now it's more 100Y=$1USD... Yep, $3.00USD was 1080 yen and $5.00USD was 1800... HAhaha, I remembered those amounts even now... lol

Hong Kong was $5.85HK=$1.00... One day I had a haircut, scalp massage and manicure which all took about 1/2 hour and I was offered and smoked two cigarettes during that time. Total price? $3.00HK... I went to Jimmy's Kitchen and had a New Zealand Pepper steak with all the trimmings, 3 Irish Coffees and topped it off with a Baked Alaska desert. total price $22HK or about $3.75USD... Even allowing for the lower prices back then, that was cheap...!!! BTW, the steak was GOOD!!! Of course, the three Irish Coffees may have had something to do with that memory...lol

05.24.2018, 11:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow that's cheap, I'd love to go to HK my family spent some time there and I know a chef who works out there.

05.24.2018, 04:17 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

@Koda...

You've got to remember that when I was there it was in 1967-8... lol

05.24.2018, 07:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: I got my grade for my dissertation back today and... it was really, really good.

My Anime List

05.24.2018, 07:31 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Fantastic news Kaz! Well done!

05.24.2018, 09:08 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  654  655  656  657  658  659  660  661  662  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks