QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  653  654  655  656  657  658  659  660  661  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I have all the music. I just don't fancy shelling out for a new thing suddenly. But who knows, maybe I lost it on the train and it'll show up.

05.07.2018, 09:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
thanossapiens
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by thanossapiens Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Yeah, I have all the music. I just don't fancy shelling out for a new thing suddenly. But who knows, maybe I lost it on the train and it'll show up.

Why not use a smartphone instead?

05.07.2018, 11:10 AM thanossapiens is offline   Profile for thanossapiens Add thanossapiens to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry to hear about the loss of your iPod. Here's hoping someone finds and returns it...

05.07.2018, 11:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
4minute
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by 4minute Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe your friend will give you new one?

05.08.2018, 08:25 AM 4minute is offline   Profile for 4minute Add 4minute to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL:/HL:

I was sitting at my laptop at abt 4:50am. I had intended to go to bed much earlier, but got hooked into looking at aerial photos from the 1930's thru the 1960's and found the info I was looking for.

LL:
At about 4:50am we had a nice shaking earthquake that was initially rated as a 4.6 then downgraded to 4.5 followed by a 3.2 Like the old rock n' rol tune: "Whole lotta shakin' goin' on" lol

HL:
Anyway, the HL is that the house is still up, the trees out front didn't fall down, and we didn't even lose power this time around.

You all have a great day, I'm going to bed...lol

05.08.2018, 08:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@husky51 Yep, I felt it too. The house rattled quite a bit, but nothing fell.

HL: No work today! Yay!

05.08.2018, 09:58 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by jusomekid
@husky51 Yep, I felt it too. The house rattled quite a bit, but nothing fell.

Yep, like I said, a "whole lotta shaking going on"

Almost immediately, the lady across the street phoned me to see if I was alright, since my lights were on...

hahaha one thing we share besides Ghibli, eh...

Earthquakes..

We just hang on tight, lol

05.08.2018, 01:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by thanossapiens
quote:
Originally posted by arren18

Why not use a smartphone instead?

Don't have one! I have been thinking for a while about upgrading though, so if I actually get my act together that could be a solution.

05.09.2018, 04:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
4minute
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by 4minute Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I take time with my boyfriend))

05.09.2018, 02:28 PM 4minute is offline   Profile for 4minute Add 4minute to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: had my Japanese exam today and I felt it went very well, so I'm happy about that. ^^

LL: have an essay due midnight tomorrow and have to have a recorded 30-minute discussion about my dissertation in Japanese with my teacher, and I am ill-prepared for both of those things. Thus, I'm giving myself about 4 hours sleep tonight. Send me caffeine, please. :')

My Anime List

05.09.2018, 07:10 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I'm giving myself about 4 hours sleep tonight. Send me caffeine, please. :')

(But not until after the sleep)

I know, I know, I broke the rules, but Kaz needs the help and encouragement!!

Forgive my multiple emoji's tonight, please...

05.09.2018, 07:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some kinky cake appears to have slipped in with the caffeine. Not sure that will help.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.10.2018, 06:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Essay is DONE, discussion with my teacher is DONE. Ah. So nice.

My teacher really made my day today... maybe even my year. She praised me so much in the feedback, I didn't even know what to say.

My Anime List

05.10.2018, 08:50 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Some kinky cake appears to have slipped in with the caffeine. Not sure that will help.

The caffeine keeps you awake and the cake gives you the sugar energy to go with it...

HL:
Glad it worked out for you, Kaz...

05.11.2018, 01:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Good work Kaz! By the way, if you don't mind saying, what kind of thing is your dissertation about? I can't remember whether you talked about it before.

05.11.2018, 03:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Awesome news Kaz! well done!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.11.2018, 04:53 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, guys. ♥

@arren
It was an analysis of Japanese media, basically. I wanted to look at how different media have influenced society's perceptions of transgender and gender non-conforming people in Japan. I looked at theatre, focusing on onnagata in kabuki and the otokoyaku in Takarazuka's plays, music, where I looked at visual kei, and TV, where I looked at how recent dramas have portrayed trans characters and how the likes of 'newhalf' celebrities on variety shows are received. Though I'd like to have, I didn't even touch anime or manga, didn't have the space.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 05.13.2018, 01:36 PM.

05.13.2018, 01:35 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Sounds interesting! It seems like you're going for all the opposite forms of media compared to what I did. I wouldn't know what to say about stuff like music and TV personalities.

05.14.2018, 06:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got mt new RGB keyboard today. Will it make me stronger?

05.15.2018, 03:22 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: handed in my portfolio of work for Japanese today. One more thing out of the way. One more thing to go, my presentation next week. I'm looking forward to sleeping... been up for nearly a day and a half.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 05.16.2018, 03:53 PM.

05.16.2018, 03:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  653  654  655  656  657  658  659  660  661  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks