QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  629  630  631  632  633  634  635  636  637  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Very soothing... I use hot tea with honey and lemon for sore throat...

hahaha, almost makes me want to make a cuppa now... And I do have the tea, honey and lemon... lol

12.28.2016, 01:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I got laid off from my job suddenly.

12.30.2016, 03:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am so sorry to hear that. I have lost jobs suddenly in the past through no fault of my own but at least I know you will always bounce back. Try to look upon the chance to find new work as an opportunity for new successes.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.01.2017, 12:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF
New successes and new skills and new triumphs!!!

HAHAHA, the NEW YEAR is finally here! I made it through anoth one, lol

01.01.2017, 02:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, guys. <3 I feel better now, but it really threw me off. Wasn't exactly a nice way that they did it either.

01.01.2017, 06:05 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, I've started on my New Years Resolution for 2017...

I have started going out on walks every day, weather permitting. Very short ones to start, the same short distance for awhile, then slowly increase the length of my walking...

I feel that this is something I can do as long as I don't push myself too hard.

Hahaha, this is something I should have started long ago, but better late than never...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.06.2017, 02:51 PM.

01.06.2017, 02:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HHL:
Was invited to a granddaughter's birthday party yesterday... Her birthday is actually a couple days after Christmas, so the party was held yesterday. I got to see a bunch of other grand-kiddies and even tho the two youngest were bashful (2 yrs) and scared (6 mos), by evenings end I was able to engage them both is talking and playing games. At least the youngest was making happy noises, lol... All the kids were happy to see Grandpa Husky, even the dog, a Husky named Keiko, lol

Got to re-meet a number of related adults again, as well... My son and his wife spent the night at his former girlfriend and her husbands home before driving all the way home today. I'm glad that they all get along well...

LLL:
Makes me miss my other grandchildren that I don't get to see and hold because of the distance... sigh...

01.08.2017, 02:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good idea with the walks, Husky. I'm sure they'll do you good.

LL: I go to get money out and the ATM says my PIN number is wrong (it's not). I call the bank; their system doesn't even register my using said ATM, nothing looks wrong with my account. Going to go try a different machine in the morning and pray to God that it works... Do not have much cash left to keep me going.

Now to try and sleep with that hanging over me. -__-

My Anime List

01.10.2017, 09:11 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hoping the best for you, Kaz...

01.11.2017, 01:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you, Husky. <3

HL: panic over, have money again.

Also, friend invited me over for homemade soup. ^_^

My Anime List

01.11.2017, 03:59 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: grades for last semester's classes were just released, I did well! Even better than I thought. ^^

My Anime List

01.13.2017, 03:31 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: The above post. That's great news. Well done!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.13.2017, 04:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Way to go, Kaz...

LL:
two grandkids are supposed to visit this weekend and I have a dry, hacking cough... Rats... If not better, I'll tell parents not to bring them by....

01.13.2017, 06:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, guys. Just emailed my parents, sure they'll be chuffed too.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Husky!

My Anime List

01.13.2017, 09:58 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: I get to do the JET interview again~.

Stiiiiiill looking for current employment though.

01.13.2017, 07:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Alright...

Keep looking, young'n...

01.13.2017, 09:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Snow! Snow!! Falling thick and fast! I'd heard that we don't really get any here but here it definitely is. It was my Australian friend's first time seeing it fall.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 01.14.2017, 12:08 AM.

01.14.2017, 12:08 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, I was never actually in Japan when the snow was coming down in Yokosuka. I have photos of my shipmates having snowball fights during the times in port after I had been transferred to the USS Bayfield APA33... a troop transport...

01.14.2017, 03:03 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There was snow here too! I hadn't really expected the forecasts to come to anything. It would be exciting if there were a bit more of it.

01.14.2017, 09:27 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Haha, does it feel more romantic in Japan? I have seen so many high school romance anime where the couple are together when the first snowflakes flutter down...

01.14.2017, 11:36 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  629  630  631  632  633  634  635  636  637  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks