QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  631  632  633  634  635  636  637  638  639  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, guys. That's reassuring.

HL: celebrating a friend's birthday with izakaya and karaoke tonight~ Should be fun.

My Anime List

01.27.2017, 02:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love Karaoke!!! I miss the friday morning karaoke singing at the VA CLC rehab ward... Of course the songs that I sang might not be too well known to you young folks but the other old fogies knew them, lol

01.28.2017, 05:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: trump

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

01.29.2017, 02:52 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Passing of John Hurt. He was so talented.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.29.2017, 05:30 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HHL:
finished a telephone appointment with the Dept of Motor Vehicles (DMV) just a few minutes over my suspended drivers license (medical reasons) and I think that it went well!!!

I will be notified within 2 weeks if my license is re-instated... YAY!!!

01.31.2017, 07:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Very rarely but sometimes I meet someone on tinder who I can have a genuine conversation with and who is understanding. And I just found someone really cool.

02.01.2017, 01:28 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HHHHHL:
I finally got my driver's license reinstated!!! I don't have to rely on others to take me anywhere. I have a number of good friends who did this for me over the last year and a half or so... It has seemed like a lifetime and a nightmare and I owe these people far more than I can ever repay... Sure, every time I was given a ride, I bought lunch or dinner but there were times when I called them up in the middle of the night asking for a ride to the VA ER.

I always got a ride and twice, Bob, a Navy friend of mine, waited 10 and 12 hours in the ER WITH me. Teri, a neighbor of mine, waited 12 hours another time until the hospital staff was finished treating me and NONE of them ever complained about it. One man, Marc, I have to say saved my life... I called him one night about a month after I had a small cancer removed from my left kidney and he came by, took one look at me and said, "You're going to the ER". He took me in and waited with me until they admitted me... I spent the next six months in the hospital!... I am blessed with my friends!

Turned out that I had unknowlingly developed a mass of internal infections from the two surgical procedures that I had gone through. Hey, it happens... Even with all of the disinfecting that is done in the operating room, both before and during the operations, it sometimes happens... I don't blame others for what happened to me, it just happened and that is that.

'Nuff said...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.07.2017, 09:09 PM.

02.07.2017, 09:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HHHHHL:
I finally got my driver's license reinstated!!! I don't have to rely on others to take me anywhere. I have a number of good friends who did this for me over the last year and a half or so... It has seemed like a lifetime and a nightmare and I owe these people far more than I can ever repay... Sure, every time I was given a ride, I bought lunch or dinner but there were times when I called them up in the middle of the night asking for a ride to the VA ER.

I always got a ride and twice, Bob, a Navy friend of mine, waited 10 and 12 hours in the ER WITH me. Teri, a neighbor of mine, waited 12 hours another time until the hospital staff was finished treating me and NONE of them ever complained about it. One man, Marc, I have to say saved my life... I called him one night about a month after I had a small cancer removed from my left kidney and he came by, took one look at me and said, "You're going to the ER". He took me in and waited with me until they admitted me... I spent the next six months in the hospital!... I am blessed with my friends!

Turned out that I had unknowlingly developed a mass of internal infections from the two surgical procedures that I had gone through. Hey, it happens... Even with all of the disinfecting that is done in the operating room, both before and during the operations, it sometimes happens... I don't blame others for what happened to me, it just happened and that is that.

'Nuff said...

I think people like you Husky because you have a very positive attitude about life. And you dont complain to others about your problems. It is really refreshing to see that a older citizen of the world is not complaining about everything. I hope you have a long life and take care of your health

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

02.08.2017, 02:27 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Tomorrow is my teaching interview and I don't feel totally nervous?? I'm kind of excited but I feel like I'm going to be extremely silly. I actually had one of the most positive interview experiences last year so I'm pretty excited to have a second chance.

But it's still nerve wracking. I don't feel prepared.

EDIT: It was very different and surreal this time. I don't think I did better than the first interview but I went through every emotion possible. I'm also unsure but it seems like I'm one of the few who's been allowed during my interviews to talk directly about my statement of purpose essay and to explain more in depth my reasons and feelings. I even had a fun time with the mock lesson bit where I didn't lose my composure and even if I didn't know what I was doing just rolled with it and found it fun.

But it was the part where I cried.. My essay was so personal and they just let me sit there and explain how I felt. I also froze up a few times but one of the interviewers would just change up the questions for me to get me going instead of letting me panic (bless him, he did this during my first interview too).

It was also kind of awkward because everyone knew who I was this time. Everyone.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 02.11.2017, 05:39 PM.

02.08.2017, 07:27 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
spent 3 hrs visiting and talking with a friend who broke his leg below the knee and collarbone in a motorcycle accident. Some idiot ran a red light and broadsided him... He's doing well, tho just like I was, not used to being laid up in bed... Going through re-hab now...

02.16.2017, 11:55 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I am back safely from my trip to Tokyo. ^_^/ Had a great time. Versailles' concert at the Nippon Budokan was incredible. Akihabara was lots of fun. Skytree, breathtaking. Ueno, a great day out. I don't plan to go back this year but I'd love to in future.

I've booked tickets to see the Takarazuka Revue's production of The Scarlet Pimpernel in April, so I've that to look forward to now. Should be pretty spectacular, knowing Takarazuka.

My Anime List

02.17.2017, 01:27 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

@kaz
photos or it did not happen.lol

02.18.2017, 01:09 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
HL: I am back safely from my trip to Tokyo. ^_^/ Had a great time. Versailles' concert at the Nippon Budokan was incredible. Akihabara was lots of fun. Skytree, breathtaking. Ueno, a great day out. I don't plan to go back this year but I'd love to in future.

I've booked tickets to see the Takarazuka Revue's production of The Scarlet Pimpernel in April, so I've that to look forward to now. Should be pretty spectacular, knowing Takarazuka.

Can you please just like stay in Japan if I move there this year? lol Take me to Takarazuka~~~~.

02.18.2017, 11:10 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Have fun Kaz! Let us know what it's like. I've sometimes thought of going to the Takarazuka Revue (and now I think the train there is less than 200 yen) but I feel I just don't understand it well enough. Maybe some day though.

02.19.2017, 07:19 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, arren! I definitely think they'd be worth going to see one day. Obviously the matter of language may make any particular play a little hard to follow, but apart from that, I don't think there is much to understand. I think it's one of these things that you can go super in depth with and research and analyse, but you also just go along and enjoy the show.

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Can you please just like stay in Japan if I move there this year? lol Take me to Takarazuka~~~~.

I wish I could! I'll probably be back not long after I graduate so maybe in a couple of years time~ ; w ;

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 02.19.2017, 12:04 PM.

02.19.2017, 12:03 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

If I get to move there this year, I'll try to stay until 2020. So you best come visit before then~.

WL: How do people handle crushes? lol I've been talking on and off with someone since the fall and after they took sometime to focus on themselves they said they want to meet. I'm pretty nervous but after they decided to open up to me I found we have a lot in common. I think what I like most is how respectful and kind they are.

It's just funny because we've run into each other and sat next to one another on several occasions (I'm not sure if they're aware of this though). We apparently both saw each other a couple weeks back but failed to say hello to one another. It's kind of amusing. It makes me regret not trying to talk to them before.

EDIT: I get to meet the person above this weekend. I'm so nervous. I think this is actually the first time I'm meeting someone from online. They sat near me in the library today and I was too panicked to say hello. Ahh, wish me luck with not vomiting on them.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 02.25.2017, 12:30 AM.

02.20.2017, 03:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: I went to a sake brewery opening today, feeling a bit bummed that none of my friends wanted to come and join me. I ended up standing around awkwardly, being called over by a nice group of people and going out for dinner and karaoke with them later.

02.26.2017, 11:25 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahaha!
HHL:
OK, I finally broke down and bought a new pair of denim pants (which I prefer to wear)... a 44" waist!!! (almost a 42", but not quite, so I bought them as well for future use) It has been ages since I've worn that narrow a waist pants. May not seem like much to most unless you've been in the same position... I was wearing a 52" only 2 yrs ago!!!

02.27.2017, 03:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: I met that person and I don't really know how to explain how I felt with them. It was kind of like being with someone who is sort of like sunshine. I've also never felt so awkward when talking to another person before and I think the issue is I feel so comfortable with them I wind up saying whatever comes to mind. I kept feeling stupid but then I realized they didn't think anything I said was stupid. If anything, it felt like they really understood me or wanted to try. They were also probably ten times more nervous than I was.

I feel really sad not being near them and that's kind of strange. lol I'm hoping they don't think I'm a total weirdo.

02.27.2017, 09:40 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

That's all right, FFF, WE know you ar... uh, we know you...

Jus' funnin' wit' ya

02.27.2017, 02:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  631  632  633  634  635  636  637  638  639  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks