QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Roar
Yay for you!

Hm... Lowlight: Great, wonderful. Absolutely fantastic. One of my friends gave me this wonderfully insulting email today. It was about our annoying school play that I'm not in and the play isn't going to be any good anyways.
First of all- I auditioned for three parts, and got my last choice, yaaaaaaaaaaay.
Second- (not being a snob) I decided to not be in the play on the day that I found out that I was getting to be Ellen.
Third- I told my friend, the one in charge of play. (Ugh... never ever put her in a position of power) and she got very mad at me. Gabbled on about how I had made a commitment.
Fourth- it was the day before the first day of a four day weekend, meaning that we wouldn't be communicating all week except by email.
Fifth- So. I asked to quit the play again through email. She emailed me back- not so biting this time, almost kindly.
Sixth- a lot of her other emails seemed to be rather mad. There was a play planning thingy merjig happening at her house that day and she kept on saying that I should come while pestering me about how I should be in the play. I didn't, because I was feeling lazy and I also had to go shopping later with my mom.
Seventh- at one point she sent me an email talking about how some other people were there and she "didn't need me." Um... I got confused at that point... I didn't get why she was so darn mad... I asked her if she was mad... she didn't respond.
Eighth- Later after more stuff about the play and how I had made a commitment and yada yada she said that she was mad at me after all.
Ninth- a tad bit later she sent me something about how I was being an aggravating flake and that she can't even recall why she ever hung out with me. She also said something about how I had to grow up now and that if I kept on acting as I was I wouldn't have a life. Oh yes, and then she said that I could just live with my mom for the rest of my life. You know, that letter really hurt... I actually never ever get into any fights with my friends, ever.
Tenth- so I sent her a kind letter back. I also explained that this was very, very small and insignificant. She was getting mad at me over a play and that was ridiculous. How in the scheme of things it wasn't actually that big... and then I said that I didn't want to stop being her friend and that I still remembered why I hung out with her. I said that I didn't want to fight over this and that I wanted to stay a friend. I was nice, right?
Okay, she's being seeming really mad at me over email. I haven't talked to her in reality though for a while, but I will in a couple of days- in fact I'll have to go on a class trip with her for a week. Can you say 'bad timing'?

05.11.2008, 02:17 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*hugs Kiki really hard*

She sounds like she's working under some kind of pressure with this play thing, maybe it is a big thing for her, a responsibility to do it well and get it right. She may see it that way. Maybe too she really wants you in it? There could be many reasons why this has turned out how it has.

I never get into emo-convos via e-mail. If its going wrong I just stop opening them and phone the person up or wait until I see them.

I'm sure your friendship will survive this.

*more hugs*.

Highlight : A PM from a friend that made my day. It was very good news and she is very happy. Made me happy too! Yes!

Lowlight : Hearing that Fen had a bad day yesterday *hugs Fen too*.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.11.2008, 02:50 AM.

05.11.2008, 02:49 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aw thanks, Saddles, that helped a lot, actually!

I actually went and told my mommy... yay... and yeah. She got rather upset... And I don't think it's so much that the play is of great importance to my friend- it's more that she's the teacher's daughter and she takes a lot of power for herself and she takes things far too seriously. Yeah. I could see some of the words that she used probably came from her mom.

anyway! I'm happier now, thanks!

05.11.2008, 03:01 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: That exam didn't know what hit it!

Now life can go back to normal for a little while.

Special thanks to Fen and Saddles for helping me through!

05.11.2008, 03:29 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
Highlight: That exam didn't know what hit it!

Now life can go back to normal for a little while.

Special thanks to Fen and Saddles for helping me through!

Aww, I knew you could do it! Good for you ^_^

05.11.2008, 04:22 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love it when a plan comes together.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.11.2008, 04:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ReallyWierdLight: I was just bored earlier so I was couting the numbers of pictures I had for different animes, and I found this weird thing... In my Tsubasa Chronicle folder, there's a folder for Fai D Fluorite. In the folder called Fai D Fluorite there are two more folders. One is for screencaps/anime-related pictures, and the other is for manga scans/manga related pictures. Here's the really strange part: I have exactly 57 pictures in each folder!

My Anime List

05.11.2008, 07:11 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm going to try using my skateboard later. Right, right.. I'm gonna suck bad. -___-::

05.11.2008, 07:36 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Highlight #1 : Went for a drive in teh smart car with teh roof down, whizzing round all the country lanes REALLY fast. Megan enjoyed it too.

Highlight #2 : Hot!

Highlight #3 : Barbeque! Yeah! Right now! Mm, yum.

05.11.2008, 10:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, my mom whined all yesterday because she wants a Mustang. Apparently owning a Mustang is more important than her children.

I keep falling on my skateboard. ^^;

05.11.2008, 11:10 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hope she's referring to a classic Mustang and not the new ones, because it's a sad thing otherwise.

Lowlight: Stomachache. And realizing that it's Sunday.

I suddenly feel the need to seriously reassess my options. And my need to change my personality. The latter, of course, being the hardest thing I've been trying to do since I was 15.

05.11.2008, 11:23 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: we were going to have a roast dinner but then I had put the chops in the freezer by accident so they were frozen and we could have them. So instead we had pizza and other savoury stuff like pork pies and scotch eggs out in the garden in the sun. And blackberries and grapes for pudding Was nicee.

OH OH and we went into the garage and I found like 5 big tubs of lego and playmobil :3 and this playmobil house that when built reaches my waist or something ridiculous.

Lowlight: Cant build playmobil house. Too rubbish at building things.

05.11.2008, 11:40 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ive hardly been here in the past few days and as much as I missed, the general vibe of the place never changes.

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I also finally got to finish Higurashi season one, plus the Nekogoroshi extra, yay!

Bout time, I like the second season a bit better, less gore, but more story. The series suffers from lack of Rena and Hanyuu screentime, but it is very good overall.

Nekpgoroshi extra? Does that have to do with Higurashi cause if I missed some sort of OVA Im going to be quite happy and disappointed at the same time.

Highlight: finalizing camping trip plans. Going to be a blast.

Lowlights: none, still on a roll, but the hill is getting flatter.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.11.2008, 12:03 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru Highlight: finalizing camping trip plans. Going to be a blast.
Oh yes? When are you going? And where and how long for? I love camping I wish we did it more.

How's the job thing going?

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.11.2008, 12:21 PM.

05.11.2008, 12:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru Highlight: finalizing camping trip plans. Going to be a blast.
Oh yes? When are you going? And where and how long for? I love camping I wish we did it more.

How's the job thing going?

Just out to a friends camp on some lake. Too many lakes around here, it might be on Superior so it will be a little chilly, but meh, still be fun. It'll be for the May long weekend, so that would be this saturday to monday.

Job hunt is sort of progressing, Im waiting out my first application, I dont want to get a whole bunch out there yet and get my camping plans torpedoed.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.11.2008, 12:27 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Oh, you're going camping too? Yay!

05.11.2008, 12:33 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: having sat for a few hours reading a play with MTV2 on in the background, I feel like I've actually accomplished something. And I'm a lot more confident about my English exam now.

05.11.2008, 12:48 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

@ Miyrru : Sounds great. enjoy yourself.

05.11.2008, 01:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
@ Miyrru : Sounds great. enjoy yourself.

I will, depends on how much I remember though, alchohol consumption will be up for those nights, but regardless it will be fun.

Click for Gallery^^

05.11.2008, 01:27 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight - sunbathing in the park! So hot and sunny! Whew, lovely! We have a big park that runs beside the lough and it was full of people doing sunny park day things. We took a picnic and some wine and just chilled for a few hours, it was heavenly.

05.11.2008, 02:36 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
[  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks