QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  647  648  649  650  651  652  653  654  655  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What sort of job? Good luck if you apply!

Yesterday's LL: got back to my flat at uni and realised I left my keys at home lol. Borrowed my flatmate's airbed and slept in the kitchen. Thankfully I was able to pick up a spare set of keys from reception this morning.

Today's LL: essay I'm currently working on. I'm really uninterested in the topic and it's making it such a slog. =_=

Also feeling generally stressed and quietly terrified about everything I have to do in the next 3 months. April is going to be utter hell.

My Anime List

01.15.2018, 06:48 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*Sends gifts of hot chocolate with marshmallows on top, cookies and hugs to Kaz*

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.15.2018, 09:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
What sort of job? Good luck if you apply!

Publicity person for Kobe city. It sounds a bit like the JET CIR position I applied for originally, so it's definitely interesting to me.

Sorry uni is tough! It's your final year, isn't it?

01.15.2018, 10:46 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Kaz:
Hope your time goes better. If there is any way I can help by being an ear to listen to you, feel free to PM me, I will always try to help...

HHHL:
My daughter's divorce had been finalized... he appealed it but she won out. It's been a long time coming...

@arren:
If you are wanting it, good luck to you...

01.16.2018, 03:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LLL:

Rats and a lot of other choice epithets!!!

Drove 50 miles roundtrip to the theater to see "Mary and the Witches Flower" anfter waiting almost 2 months for it and the theater had pulled the movie. so I am now going to have to try and find another theater where it will be shown.

Lesson learned, call ahead to check ahead in the future...

The theater still had the lobby board sign for the movie...

01.19.2018, 12:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HHL: Retirement! I retired early thanks to a lucky choice of working for a certain company at the end of the 80s which had what turned out to be one of the best pensions plans going. How chance directs your life, hm?

I have a second smaller pension I can access in 4 years time, then 4 years after that the state pension kicks in and I enjoy free bus travel (huh).

With my new found freedom I shall reactivate a couple of my hobbies that had gone on hiatus while family, mortgages and children took priority.

Its so nice to wake up every day and think "What shall I do today?"

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.19.2018, 11:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, welcome to the Club, Saddles...

01.19.2018, 12:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight 1: one of my favourite authors died.
2: failure.

01.24.2018, 07:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Big hugs, arren...

1. for the loss of your favorite author. Lost a number of them over the years...

2. But mostly for your feeling of failure or was it something that you feel you failed at?

Regardless, my thoughts are with you...

01.24.2018, 11:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sorry to hear that Arren, was it job-search related?

HL1: My rather curious relationship with a very lovely lady I met two years ago is going in an interesting direction - we are going to share a house! I am really not certain where its going. I'm very fond of her but I would not say this is a romance and its certainly not sexual but we do get on very well. This relationship just confuses and surprises me - its not what I was taught happens when two people get together and connect closely.

HL2: For a variety of reasons I dropped out of the model railway hobby around 2000 or so but now I am retired I am picking it up again and have started work on a new model. I am surprised and pleased by how much the industry has bounced forwards in 17 years with the quality and accuracy of models and the widening ocean of small garage businesses supplying services or products.

And to think that in the late 80s and early 90s the doom-sayers were talking about the hobby dying.

HL3: Went to a model railway convention yesterday - my first as a serious modeller for about 20 years. Great to just stop and chat to like minded people.

01.28.2018, 09:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

@Saddles...

By 'modeler' Do you mean that you build the various units yourself or does it mean that you run a track layout that you've put together? Or is it a combination of both?

I still have a boxed up bunch of engines/cars (nothing special) that I had planned decades ago to set up in a spare room when the kids had moved out. Life took a different turn for me and I never had the space become available, so there it sits... I'll probably see if either of the 'boys' want it or just donate it to a train hobby group.

I'm fascinated by that one layout (in Germany, I think) with the huge set-up, including an airport!!!

01.28.2018, 12:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I buy a lot of items ready to run, but usually detail and weather them, or maybe change some lettering, etc. My new project is going to go in a garage (internal dimensions 7' 6" x 23' 6" ) and will be a fictional light railway (what you Americans would call a short line I think) so this will need a lot of repainting and re-lettering of locos and stock and I need to invent a fictional livery for the passenger coaches - so a fair bit of work.

I use flexible track which needs to be shaped and cut to length with all the electrical gubbins (including point and signal motors) below the baseboard. After a long break from the hobby I have found the world of digital control has really exploded so electrics are simpler... and more expensive.

I've used the same modelling skills in the past in my wargames hobby but like the model railway interests I've not done much modelling in that hobby in recent years - just playing!

When I get going I'll post some pics.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.28.2018, 10:32 PM.

01.28.2018, 04:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, that would be cool, I look forward to seeing them. My idea was to set up on a sheet of 4x8 plywood with the electrics and switches underneath and only the tracks and scenery above. The board would have been set[up with a pulley arrangement to raise it up near the ceiling when not in use and lowered to sit on wooden sawhorses when being used. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to do any of this. Now, I have too many other things that I am involved it to be able to direct any time to it...

Have fun...

01.28.2018, 08:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HHL:
happy, happy day...

Mary and the Witch's Flower will be showing at a theater near me (where I saw Howls in fact) on both Tues and Wed, 3 times each day so I am planning to go tomorrow and see it at least once...

01.29.2018, 06:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Sorry to hear that Arren, was it job-search related?

Somewhat. I took a test in December, thinking of it just as a goal for study, but then it turned out to be necessary, since the job I just applied for asks for it. And when I checked the online results... well it wasn't what I hoped for. So that's potentially a major setback in getting that job, and maybe others as well.

01.29.2018, 11:17 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Very unshocking lowlight: I didn't get that job.

02.01.2018, 11:28 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

But one way to look at it, arren, it that now, with the proper mind-set, so to speak, you can now retake (??) the test and knowing that it is the real thing, show how much you have inproved over time...

Regardless, wish you the best...

02.01.2018, 01:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Yesterday's highlight: I applied for some more jobs. These are moving a bit away from what I'm most interested in, but it's good to at least have some options. There's also another couple I think I'd like to work on today.

02.11.2018, 11:42 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Good Luck, arren, and wishing you the best...

02.12.2018, 03:55 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can't believe how time is flying guys. Two year wedding anniversary today. Every time I turn around I'm passing another milestone lol.

Had an amazing weekend with hubs and fam. Feel super lucky and weepy

02.19.2018, 12:40 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  647  648  649  650  651  652  653  654  655  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks