QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@arren what else do you do in French lessons?

I mean, thats what they're for right? To sit there with a french dictionary and look up 'penis' and 'insert' and such likes. Then try and make a sentence out of it, but since your rubbish at french you can only manage something like:

"I live in CENSORED WORD* LOL house. Insert."

NOT THAT I DO THAT OR ANYTHING 0.o

Edited*

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 05.02.2008, 07:10 PM.

05.02.2008, 07:10 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

O.o Ummm.... you know, I haven't ever done anything like that in additional language classes... alright then... O.o

Um yeah! My new shoes come today! Even though they were supposed to come yesterday.

05.02.2008, 07:15 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Going on a translators site to see more on updates for Honey Hunt and Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume, to stumle across another series by Kaori Yuki *I think that's how you spell her name ^^;* and almost literally stopped breathing when I saw Ludwig on the cover. XD Holy crap, major loveliness. And he's a necrophiliac, cute!! *necrophiliac: love for dead women, beware his LOVERS room XD lol*

05.02.2008, 07:27 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wait... did you just call the fact that he's a necrophiliac cute? um... you have problems. Nah, just kidding, but seriously, how can you call that cute?

05.02.2008, 07:54 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, I was thinking that. Some of the stuff you girls get off on in the bishie thread is frankly... worrying. Things I wouldn't want my daughter to be excited about.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.02.2008, 07:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: Being warned about noise from security, but having damn good fun doing it.

05.02.2008, 08:02 PM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Yay! Kiki
Baron

New Highlight: I just got my new shoes in the mail! Yaaaaay! OK, here's the thing: there's a "design your own" section on Converse.com, where you can pick all the colors and stuff for your shoes. You can even have your name put on them...

Outside: bright blue.
Inside: Bright yellow
Tongue: Pink
Laces: red
Rubber side wall: White. (far too white...)
Racing stripe color: red
Stitch: A green color... sort of a lighter green.
Inner lining: the same.
Heel stripe: Off-white
ID color (name is on the shoes!): Red.
ID: Super Tate

As you can see, these shoes are rather colorful. Umm, the colors seemed to be a tad bit more muted on the website, though. Ah well... they stand out. A lot. They're really bright and colorful.
It was funny: My mom's boyfriend came over shortly after I got the shoes and had to laugh a little bit. He said that they looked like clown shoes... anyway, he said something about how his daughters wouldn't ever wear anything that stood out so much to the highschool (and I have nothing against his daughters, I was just thrilled at the thought that they stood out so much.) and I proudly proclaimed that I was going to wear them next year happily!

I wear crazy hats through grocery stores, skip, wear Super hero garb anywhere, and whatever else seems a tad bit crazy. (it's by far the most fun to wear a gigantic magician's hat into a small town on the highway) and therefore, I can stand out in this way all the time! Yipp!!!!

05.02.2008, 08:23 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heh, you sound really happy, that's awesome.

Megan has some pairs of flats in different colours, she's got a bright shiny green pair, a shiny purple pair and a gold pair. She keeps saying she'll wear odd ones with her bright rainbow-striped socks but hasn't yet. I'd want her too, she's tried this combo on indoors and it looks great.

Have you a link to that online store you designed your shoes on please?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.02.2008, 08:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Hm, I was thinking that. Some of the stuff you girls get off on in the bishie thread is frankly... worrying. Things I wouldn't want my daughter to be excited about.

I've been corrupted by things other than that, frankly.. I just like really odd characters. And I made a character like this about half a year ago.. ^^; I've been attracted to this since I was little.. If I become attracted to a characters looks, you know something is wrong in their head.. This one just happens to be a necrophiliac.

It seems all his bride's die before he can marry em, or he kills them with his awesome gun.. Cool gun.. Though frankly those leopard print shorts were a little much to go around in saving a princess. Then again it fits him..

Ah, I'm sorry for being such an odd girl. >.< I just like dark stories and frankly he's really interesting. He's also really forward.. o.O

My throat hurts and I wanna eat strawberries..

05.02.2008, 08:57 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Oh yeah, sure, it's just converse.com, yay for converse!!!

http://www.converse.com/#c1
Speaking of wearing an odd pair of shoes, I was going to get another pair of converse last year, but my mom didn't get them like she said that she would. after that I got hi-tops and they wouldn't match with the lower ones...
There, just go to the "Design your own" section. I got the high tops, by the way... yay!

Edit: My sister got a pair too... they say "Oy Gevalt" on the sides. Yay-ness. She always says it for some reason.

Post last edited by Yay! Kiki on 05.02.2008, 09:16 PM.

05.02.2008, 08:57 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, I remember going into the mall and I'd already spent most of all my money on anime and manga. XD We were buying clothes and my mom noticed I was wearing my golfing pants and looked at my sneakers, than said with a horrified voice "We need to get you new shoes as well. O_O" I never seem bothered by what I wear on my feet except if it'll hurt me or give me splinters. And I'm size 10 so most shoes are expensive.. My feet may look small but even a 9 won't fit them. I think in the UK.. what would my shoe measurements be? I learnt in math class, but I forget.. ^^'

I liked those flats I saw once, but most were 10 to 20$ and I bought fish instead. ^^; Besides, they were all 9 and lower. ._. This sucks. T.T And my feet are too wide for them..

05.02.2008, 09:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

highlight: possibly pizza for tea.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

05.02.2008, 09:22 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gigantic_red_bow {Kiki}
... French swear words?! Gasp!!

The only word in French that I know is the word for sh..!

Now, Spanish is another story... When I was 15 , living in San Diego, I had a Mexican GF that lived across the street from me. Taught me all my first swearwords in Spanish... Added a lot to them by now, tho...

Including some that most ppl don't know, including gestures and sounds...

hahaha, just remembered what my little Mexican GF used to call me in Spanish... meant 'butter lips'.... don't know why???

(labios de la mantequilla) is the literal, but I forget the actual words she used... lol)

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.02.2008, 09:44 PM.

05.02.2008, 09:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you know on the simpsons, the character homer says "DO'H!" alot? thats the french word for the f waord.

newlight: i killed the spider in my wardrobe.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

05.02.2008, 09:57 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
you know on the simpsons, the character homer says "DO'H!" alot? thats the french word for the f waord.

newlight: i killed the spider in my wardrobe.

I love this forum,, always learning something new

Were you wearing it at the time???

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.02.2008, 10:03 PM.

05.02.2008, 10:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

highlight: soup!!!

05.02.2008, 10:37 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: Seeing my timetable for summer courses.

Lowerlight: Courses start next week

Highlight: I'm not dead yet..?

05.02.2008, 11:49 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka

Highlight: I'm not dead yet..?

That's my highlight......

05.03.2008, 12:03 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: Missing Mushka's highlight

Highlight-to-be: Will be going out later. Apparently I managed to qualify for two trial runs on the official F1 simulator, runs from May 1st to May 4th. Forgot what I'll get if I get the fastest lap, but doesn't really matter, does it?

I'll probably just watch today, try and memorize the course, and do the money run tomorrow, unless my hands get itchy

Oh, and in case you guys didn't know, the F1 race will be held in Singapore on September. It doesn't look too menacing from a bird's eye view, but judging from one Tokyo's street course, it's probably harder than it looks.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.03.2008, 12:14 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Go for it and good driving and luck...

Remember, the shiny side stays on top!!!

05.03.2008, 12:21 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks