QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What are you listening to right now? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  234  235  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really only use YouTube. I went through a spell of using Spotify a year or so back but I didn't like the ads and it didn't have the same variety as I can find on YouTube.

My Anime List

03.19.2018, 10:04 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
thanossapiens
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by thanossapiens Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I really only use YouTube. I went through a spell of using Spotify a year or so back but I didn't like the ads and it didn't have the same variety as I can find on YouTube.

It's worth it if you have the Premium version, because it's sound quality is far better than youtube's. (and no ads)

03.20.2018, 10:34 AM thanossapiens is offline   Profile for thanossapiens Add thanossapiens to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Typically YouTube for me, but I do still buy CDs of albums I really want to hear and have easy access to. I never got into Spotify.

03.20.2018, 11:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
thanossapiens
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by thanossapiens Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Typically YouTube for me, but I do still buy CDs of albums I really want to hear and have easy access to. I never got into Spotify.

Spotify is a steal, because you get thousands of albums with CD quality for the price of 1 CD. Although if you want to support the artist you have to buy the album, because spotify pays peanuts.

03.20.2018, 02:02 PM thanossapiens is offline   Profile for thanossapiens Add thanossapiens to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I often buy CDs second-hand anyway, so in terms of supporting the artist using Spotify would probably be just as good really. Maybe I will give it a go one of these days.

03.20.2018, 08:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this girl:

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

03.21.2018, 12:47 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

today under "weird sht from makc":

this is one of my favorites, actually. despite of performer behavior, the lyrics are very sad and his voice act fits the feelings it is supposed to convey perfectly. but for those of you who do not understand the language (and afaik that means all of you here) that side of this piece of art is entirely inaccessible, you can only see some wacky guy on drugs. which, when I think about it, is why I love it even more enjoy.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

03.22.2018, 09:33 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah i use spotify premium and is worth the money in my opinion. The number of yt videos I had saved that got deleted without any notice and left a grey spot in my list without even telling me what the video title was still haunts me haha. There's all these lost songs I'll never remember. I mean yt is great for discovering music but not so much as a personal library.

Listening to Heroine by Sunmi

03.27.2018, 11:17 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have a YT downloader add-on in my browser so can d/l and keep all the music and other vids I want as MP4s. Got lots of playlists organised by genre or mood. I suspect it may not be entirely legal but when a new artist comes along that really inspires I grab their CDs to play in the car. Been listening to a lot of post-rock and psychill electronic music recently - very relaxing and great for BG noise while I work. Also listening to a lot of new music from YT uploaders like Sheepy and Liquicity, a great way to discover new artists. I discovered Mitis and Feint that way.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.28.2018, 04:31 AM.

03.28.2018, 04:31 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A Peter, Paul and Mary album... Gonna follow that with a Celtic Woman album.

03.28.2018, 09:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
night_bird
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.03.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by night_bird Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Placebo - Follow the cops back home. I love this song.

04.03.2018, 02:39 PM night_bird is offline   Profile for night_bird Add night_bird to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Laura Brehm's voice... mmm... also, nice art.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.04.2018, 03:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rain ~ Motohiro Hata

Makes me happy, this song.

My Anime List

04.17.2018, 06:09 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Agreed, Kaz - it's a lovely song.

04.18.2018, 04:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

04.18.2018, 04:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
thanossapiens
Kodama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX8P2zxySHk

04.18.2018, 02:50 PM thanossapiens is offline   Profile for thanossapiens Add thanossapiens to your buddy list
Threewishes
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.23.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HINTO 『バブルなラブ』(Bubble love with google translate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67s0XgtaLlY

04.19.2018, 08:43 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As a number of times before, "classic" (meaning older, lol) country music songs from the far (to the young people of tiday) past. Some that I sing along with.

04.30.2018, 12:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
4minute
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by 4minute Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again

05.08.2018, 08:31 AM 4minute is offline   Profile for 4minute Add 4minute to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by makc
this girl:

Nice beats.

05.15.2018, 03:37 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
[  «    ...  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  234  235  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks