QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you listening to right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  234  ...    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Water Lily - illion

https://open.spotify.com/track/6zrF52UuS...HSdKecbDfw0uvQA

Probably gonna start up a shinee playlist soon. One of their members allegedly commuted suicide today

12.18.2017, 02:28 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello Fen, how is life?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.19.2017, 09:47 AM.

12.19.2017, 09:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Blue Oyster Cult - Veteran of the Psychic Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pFdkkjGiEs

The guitar solo in this version is astonishing.

12.20.2017, 10:05 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow. I agree. Fantastic!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.20.2017, 10:13 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This one's good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3YehBkrXNw

12.20.2017, 10:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Elskavon - Imprints

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.16.2018, 11:53 PM.

12.22.2017, 12:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Listening to this

https://youtu.be/vqmCkNI6wzM

Not sure why but hits me in the heart. It's like a tragic love sonnet or maybe it's religious. Either way, great music to brood to.

12.22.2017, 04:53 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From what I picked up in the translation of the words, it appears to be a declaration of love for a loved one as only a muslim could express or understand. Relating his love for her as strong as his love for the Kaaba and the prayers he sends in that direction and the Quran...

All in all, a love song... Not IMO necessarily a religious song, but using many religious aliterations...

At times the singing is a little harsh to my ears, but the same could be said of songs in some other languages, like Chinese opera...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.22.2017, 08:01 PM.

12.22.2017, 07:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

This girl's voice is... I can't describe it. So utterly gorgeous and beautiful.

01.16.2018, 11:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Robin Trower - Where Are You Going To

01.18.2018, 06:02 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Suddenly this thing keeps me awake better than beats

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

01.18.2018, 06:37 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Sayonara Ponytail - Niji

02.05.2018, 11:50 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A mix of Aoi Teshima songs. Her voice is so gentle and beautiful, I've always loved her music. Soothes my soul.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 02.28.2018, 01:56 PM.

02.28.2018, 01:56 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Snail's House

YMCK

YMO

03.01.2018, 02:09 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the song of northern tribes

because... you have to listen to different people voices, you know. both literally and metaphorically.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

03.03.2018, 01:14 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A variety of Glenn Yarborough songs, many that I used to sing along with and found out today, that I still do... lol

Baby, the Rain Must Fall....

Rusting in the Rain...
Everybody's Rich but us...Rod McKuen

I Hate to see the Sun Go Down... Hoyt Axton

What the World needs Now... Burt Bacarach

I must have saved all these and many others that I found by accident today on my Media Player...

03.03.2018, 07:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chizuru ~ the GazettE

My Anime List

03.13.2018, 09:10 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
thanossapiens
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by thanossapiens Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is surprisingly good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoPLTFE5zw

03.14.2018, 08:23 AM thanossapiens is offline   Profile for thanossapiens Add thanossapiens to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The Rain ~ Joe Hisaishi

My Anime List

03.15.2018, 12:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

https://open.spotify.com/track/37Kj037Is...aQqG_V6haTvmjbA

How do you guys get your music these days? Yt? Spotify? ITunes? Curious.

03.19.2018, 09:44 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  234  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks