QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you listening to right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some good Willie Nelson tunes from 1962 when Willie had short hair... I listened to them all and some of the follow-up Youtube vids...

09.25.2017, 02:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Taylor Swift - Blank Space

09.30.2017, 12:38 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.02.2017, 12:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really like that song, Saddles. Have listened to it a few times in the last couple of weeks.

Know Your Enemy ~ Yoko Kanno

Listening to a lot of her work recently. She's written some wonderful soundtracks.

My Anime List

10.20.2017, 03:45 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is anyone here familiar with this group? They're called the Wagakki Band and they use traditional Japanese instruments in conjunction with more modern stuff. They sound amazing. This song here is Senbonzakura and it's among their more popular works:

10.23.2017, 07:58 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaz - agreed, Yoko Kanno is amazing, she deserves to be better known in the west.

River Spirit - Yes! I have loads of Wagakki Bands music. I like their mix of traditional Japanese instruments and western rock. Some really good stuff. And need I mention that Yuko Suzuhana is gorgeous.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 10.24.2017, 07:04 AM.

10.24.2017, 06:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm on a Yoko Kanno splurge now...

Post last edited by Saddletank on 10.24.2017, 07:45 AM.

10.24.2017, 07:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
DarkQueenCatBus
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.10.17
  blehehehPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DarkQueenCatBus Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FNAF CREEPYPASTA UNDERTALE BATIM thts what im listening to,HAHAHAAH

10.24.2017, 02:40 PM DarkQueenCatBus is offline   Profile for DarkQueenCatBus Add DarkQueenCatBus to your buddy list
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
River Spirit - Yes! I have loads of Wagakki Bands music. I like their mix of traditional Japanese instruments and western rock. Some really good stuff. And need I mention that Yuko Suzuhana is gorgeous.

Agreed on all counts, Saddles. Thanks for posting Tengaku. It's my second favorite after Senbonzakura.

10.24.2017, 07:22 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't listened much to Wagakki Band, but I've heard of them. There are other similar groups too. One day I went to some (unrelated) festival in Nara and there was a band like that - obviously not as well-known. It was pretty cool.

10.24.2017, 09:04 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
DarkQueenCatBus
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.10.17
  FNAFPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DarkQueenCatBus Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FNAF music bruhs

10.26.2017, 09:39 AM DarkQueenCatBus is offline   Profile for DarkQueenCatBus Add DarkQueenCatBus to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

listening to russian Rammstein's Mutter cover

💙

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

10.26.2017, 02:09 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

another great masterpiece from russian scene:

unfortunately, most of its gratness is because of the reference, which is pointless to explain to you any way. so, leaving it here just in case someone here is bored enough to listen to something alien to their culture.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

10.27.2017, 07:31 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

aight, enough with russia. let's hear some georgia:

Post last edited by makc on 10.28.2017, 07:56 AM.

10.28.2017, 07:56 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

more georgia! although you should watch this, not just listen to

11.02.2017, 06:54 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

This one looks like there is some other language mixed into english, because I can't make out anything they say:

Deutsch maybe? Any way, today I put it on to lighten up a bit.

11.07.2017, 08:18 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Listening to some Mozart music...

Watched a part of a "60 Minutes" show last night that dedalt with a 13 yr old girl who plays piano, violin and who knows what else as I missed that part of it. She was doing this starting at the age of three!!! I wish I could remember her name, but I was tired last night and forgot it. She even composes operatic music... There was an episode of her with heer violin and an orchestra of about 25 or more instruments playing a piece of music and she had composed the music for ALL of the instruments... ALL OF THEM!!! Fascinating, like Mozart all over again... And a clear voice as well... I believe that she is from the British Isles, but I'm not positive...

11.07.2017, 05:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, was that Alma Deutscher by any chance, Husky? I saw a documentary on her a while ago. Incredible little girl.

My Anime List

11.07.2017, 09:58 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yes, Alma, I remember that part of her name... Fascinating child, as most prodigy's are...

11.08.2017, 12:16 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ragstack
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ragstack Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am currently listening to the 80s songs, i have a playlist in my spotify

11.08.2017, 06:26 AM ragstack is offline   Profile for ragstack Add ragstack to your buddy list
[  «    ...  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks