QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you listening to right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  221  222  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hills of Radiant Winds ~ Keiichi Okabe & Emi Evans

From the Nier OST. Wish I'd had a chance to play this game, but at least I can enjoy the soundtrack.

My Anime List

04.26.2017, 04:38 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

tofubeats - What You Got

I actually have mutual friends with this guy. lol

04.28.2017, 08:54 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Have or are???

04.28.2017, 10:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Blue Oyster Cult - Astronomy

04.28.2017, 10:49 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Have or are???

Have. He went to a university most of my friends went to and I think he was the senpai of one of the guys I had a small crush on.

04.28.2017, 12:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm currently listening to Beyonce's self-titled album for the first time. It's actually pretty excellent, although it's not as good as Lemonade. It is highly sexual, though, so if that makes you uncomfortable, you may want to avoid. So far my favorite song is probably Partition, although I also love Pretty Hurts, Drunk in Love, and Flawless.

04.30.2017, 08:39 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Threewishes
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.23.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Threewishes Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yumi Arai - Hikoukigumo (from The Wind Rises ost)

05.02.2017, 03:22 AM Threewishes is offline   Profile for Threewishes Add Threewishes to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Threewishes... We all hope that you like it here...

05.02.2017, 11:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the 'watching TV' thread.

I watched and listened to the making of the Stephen Edwards composition, "Requiem for my Mother" with Dr. Candace Wilke, conducting... It included a 50 voice children's choir; a 100 voice adult choir and the Prague Philharmonic orchestra of 50. The Conductor flew to Wisconsin, Miami and New York for separate rehearsals. Once in Italy, they had time for one rehearsal together, a recording session and then the performance.

All of these participants were flown from these locations in the USA and maybe one other spot to Rome, Italy to perform in the Vatican City. The actual rendition also aired on Italian TV and will be played on Sunday, Mother's Day, on PBS stations... I haven't heard all of it but the "Dies Irae" portion bought tears to my eyes...

The PBS show dealt with the problems of gathering the performers, the difficult practice sessions and the recording and then the performance in the Basilica of St. Ignatius of Loyola in Rome.

The composer's mother was Rosalie Edwards, a famed writer of music for many, many tv shows, movies and other genre of music.

05.13.2017, 05:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Freesia ~ Uru

My Anime List

05.26.2017, 08:54 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

John Grant - Pale Green Ghosts

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.28.2017, 09:47 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Weezer - King of the World

05.28.2017, 11:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

been listening to some Marty Robbins tunes, singing along with some of them... Good thing I'm the only one in the van when I do, lol

05.28.2017, 02:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

06.16.2017, 11:00 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Lorde - Sober II (Melodrama)

Wow, her new album is absolutely amazing. I love every song. It's especially fun after listening to so much Hirasawa the past few months. I'm really digging Hard Feelings.

06.17.2017, 10:07 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ohhh, I've been meaning to listen to it. I probably will later today.

06.17.2017, 03:39 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I kept my promise and listened to Lorde's new album, and I was very impressed. Especially considering that I didn't like Pure Heroine all that much aside from Tennis Court and Team. But I'm really digging Melodrama, solid 8/10. My favorites are Sober, Homemade Dynamite, The Louvre, Sober II, and Perfect Places.

06.18.2017, 11:59 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Arcade Fire - Creature Comfort

06.18.2017, 12:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
I kept my promise and listened to Lorde's new album, and I was very impressed. Especially considering that I didn't like Pure Heroine all that much aside from Tennis Court and Team. But I'm really digging Melodrama, solid 8/10. My favorites are Sober, Homemade Dynamite, The Louvre, Sober II, and Perfect Places.

I think my favourites are Sober II, Sober, Hard Feelings and Writer in the Dark. I didn't like the latter much when I first heard it until I put on my earphones for some reason. I love this album because it fits so many of the feelings I've felt in the past year.

06.18.2017, 04:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

I think my favourites are Sober II, Sober, Hard Feelings and Writer in the Dark. I didn't like the latter much when I first heard it until I put on my earphones for some reason. I love this album because it fits so many of the feelings I've felt in the past year.

I really like her songwriting style. It's simultaneously very mature but juvenile in lines like "You know I think you're awesome, right?" and phrasings like that.

06.18.2017, 07:13 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  221  222  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks