QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you listening to right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The posts about Lenin/Lennon just make me think of this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDOJ4L0Edk
(language warning)

07.29.2017, 06:02 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha I've never seen The Big Lebowski. Now I need to go find a copy.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.29.2017, 05:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Castle in the Sky Main Theme - Joe Hisaishi

08.08.2017, 08:42 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.12.2017, 11:13 AM.

08.12.2017, 11:08 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I adore Laura Brehm's voice, its like being massaged with warm marshmallow.

08.12.2017, 11:23 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ Enjoyed that, Saddles, thanks for sharing!

My Anime List

08.12.2017, 04:43 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My pleasure. Which one? Or both?

I really like the first one, it cheers me up. Lovely pic too.

08.12.2017, 07:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Very much into fun, cute upbeat songs these days. Too much doom, gloom and drama in the world to not want to listen to lovely songs like this.

08.12.2017, 08:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

I adore Laura Brehm's voice, its like being massaged with warm marshmallow.

I agree completely! Her voice has an ethereal quality, simultaneously haunting and uplifting.

I'm listening to another of her collaborations with TheFatRat. Her vocals feature more prominently in this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR-eV7fHNbM

Post last edited by River Spirit on 08.13.2017, 08:24 PM.

08.13.2017, 02:42 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The link to your video is broken unfortunately, River Spirit.

Another lovely song:

The quieter section from 1:50 is amazing.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.13.2017, 07:52 PM.

08.13.2017, 07:49 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
River Spirit
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry! I edited it to include the URL link.

08.13.2017, 08:28 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I found it yesterday after you'd mentioned that Laura Brehm had collaborated further with The Fat Rat. While her vocals are dreamlike as usual I am less enthused about the music of that song. It gets too close to Melodic Dubstep for me which I just find a little too aggressive.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.14.2017, 06:48 AM.

08.14.2017, 06:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
River Spirit
Tanuki

Yeah, the music is a bit harsher in that one. Monody will always be my favorite, but the Calling sort of grew on me over time.

08.14.2017, 11:04 AM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm not as familiar with Koven as I am with Laura Brehm but her voice in this song is wonderful. Feint makes some amazing tunes too. Honest upbeat stuff to dance to.

Also artwork. Has that Shinkai feel to it.

08.14.2017, 12:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Brand New - Can't Get It Out

08.24.2017, 10:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
River Spirit
Tanuki

From one of my favorite episodes of the Twilight Zone, "Come Wander With Me", with vocals by Bonnie Beecher

08.25.2017, 08:07 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Butterfly Effect ~ SID

My Anime List

09.02.2017, 05:10 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How do you post vidoes because this migh...g in existence?

I knew this concert was iconic as well as his red heels but, WOW? This performance is so amazing. I'm really sad it took me so long to listen to Cantopop or watch any films with Leslie in them. It's not even that I idolize him, I just have no words for how interesting of an individual he was. I love his sensuality.

09.07.2017, 06:27 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Where we are by Mark Petrie

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.19.2017, 11:27 AM.

09.19.2017, 11:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this is quite good background tune to work to.

@foreignfilmfreak

quote:
How do you post videos

[youtube]code after watch= here[/youtube]

you should see this if you try to quote the post with the video in it.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 09.23.2017, 07:56 PM.

09.23.2017, 07:53 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  «    ...  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks