QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you listening to right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chirinuruwowaka - awoawo

11.12.2017, 10:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Listening to a disc of Ghibli music... Trying to determine which movie each piece is from... relaxing...

11.12.2017, 12:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

MGMT - Little Dark Age

11.22.2017, 08:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hanataba wo Kimi ni ~ Hikaru Utada

My Anime List

11.25.2017, 10:24 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.26.2017, 10:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.26.2017, 10:50 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This amazing cover of The Merry-go-Round of Life. I love this piece of music so much, and this is a marvellous take on it.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 12.01.2017, 07:47 PM.

12.01.2017, 07:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am assuming that there are pictures of some sort being posted, but I am seeing none of it...

12.01.2017, 09:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

They are links to you tube videos Husky. Standard html code. If you can't see them I can only think your browser isn't configured properly. What browser (and version) and version of Windows do you have?

12.02.2017, 09:25 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@husky, the vid in @kaz post is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc3kzk30fwI

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

12.08.2017, 09:46 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heyy

I was just listening to Ghibli stuff while writing a paper, and thought of you guys- it's been a while! Like ~4 years I think? How have y'all been?

(I think last time I made a random appearance here I was questioned so I'm just going to say it's been a long time)

12.09.2017, 03:19 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Holy Cow!!! San Toelle!!! It has been a long time... So freaking good to see you again!

How have you been doing? Oh, man so many questions, lol...

I am obviously older now, a whole 71, I spent a few months in the hospital last year, but I'm fine now, still out and about yakking at people.

I enjoy it so much seeing other people from the past jumping in and letting us know that you're still around and liking Ghibli. I saw Howl's at a big screen theater last month and Spirited Away in Ocrober, also at a theater... I do still watch them on TV at home. I've got Princess Mononoke in the player right now and will watch it tomorrow probably.

Mary and the Witch's Flower will be showing in another theater in the middle of January and I've heard that it is similar to a Ghibli. I've seen the trailers and it sure looks like it. The only hassle is that I have to drive abt 25 miles away to two different cities to get to the theaters that show them...

I still get a kick out of it when people recognize my Ghibli tattoos and comment on them. I was eating in a McDoinald's yesterday and a young woman who worked there came to my table as she was leaving to go home and she started talking about them and then asked permission to take a photo of the tattoos, lol. I always tell people about the Tavern. If you haven't seen them, there are pics in the Tavern Photo thread which is in here somewhere, lol

Anyway, it has been a real pleasure to see you again... Don't be a stranger. And don't wait for four years to visit. You're a member and we like to see you more often.

Oh, and I now have 20 grandchildren!!! Another was born in November. I sometimes get two of the boys names mixed up, but that's ok... lol

See ya...

Husky

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.09.2017, 07:10 AM.

12.09.2017, 06:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Makc , thanks for the link...

Moon lam's Carousel of Life was, to my ear at least, better than Joe Haishashi (sic) version from Howl's... I listened to her three times and saved the link...

12.09.2017, 06:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm so glad you're feeling better! And congrats about the grandkids!

I was really happy they showed ghibli stuff in theatres, I went with my mom since they played Kiki around my birthday. I still haven't seen the wind rises, though I bought the dvd once it came out :/

I'm in college now, and it's finals week. yikes. I got into my school's nursing program, which only accepts 50 people, so yeah. I'm pretty happy. I'm in upstate NY so I've been loving the fresh air and nature (I've climbed 4 mountains this semester!). It's pretty chilly though.

12.11.2017, 05:47 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

So glad to hear about your being in college... and in a nursing program as well, that is great news...
My sister is (or was) an RN and worked in the Terminal Oncology ward for years with one of her HS friends. She is now married to the owner of a comedy club.

Gotta go for now, Keep listening to the ghibli music and thinking about all of us here.

Hard to believe that this many years have passed...

Bye for now... Gotta go.

12.11.2017, 08:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Nice to see you again, San!

Currently listening to...

The Last Unicorn ~ America

The film used to scare me as a child. I haven't watched it since then, but I'm kind of interested to.

My Anime List

12.12.2017, 05:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Melvins - Joan of Arc

12.16.2017, 08:20 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

https://player.vimeo.com/video/6045312

12.18.2017, 11:44 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Watching more than listening:

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.19.2017, 09:48 AM.

12.18.2017, 01:05 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Surprisingly beautiful and relaxing:

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.19.2017, 09:49 AM.

12.18.2017, 01:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks