QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion only
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion only Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Sanfan. Post. Now.

His reaction will be fantastic.

Im getting there, sorry, had to get my teeth cleaned.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.22.2008, 03:48 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hohoho this situation makes me laugh

Misunderstandings are fun :3

05.22.2008, 04:37 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
My instant reaction was to turn bright red, as I considered how mine and Na-chans must have sounded to anybody listening.

Her and Na-chan's what, if I may be so bold as to ask?

05.22.2008, 05:23 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chi is blowing bubbles. In the bath. I guess that's what she meant.

@ Kaz: I'm going to hold back on a response to Kazuo there. Icchan queried my last post and he's not been back online since I answered so its only fair to give Icchan the opportunity to post before I do, okay?

He may even want me to edit that comment of Sadoru's about him seeming bored since it looks like I misread his last post. It doesn't affect much but I'd be happier changing it if Roar wants.

05.22.2008, 05:36 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, sure, that's fine.

My Anime List

05.22.2008, 05:39 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oops I meant to write conversation!! Sorry

05.22.2008, 05:48 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi guys

I got a PM from Mushka this morning. Unfortunately she is so busy with her summer courses at uni that she won’t be able to play in the game for the forseeable future. I hope she will want to come back to us when her schedule allows. Remember the game days pass at very slow speed so even if it’s September when she’s back, we won’t have done more than a few days.

I’ve seen this approaching and have been thinking up contingency plans for a few days now and I’ve been in touch with a couple of players priming them in advance.

Aoi will be off school sick for a bit. Theowne sadly too is very busy in real life so Yuichi will be absent too. Both characters are free to return to play at any time, even in the middle of a day, I think we can suspend disbelief for that.

We can adjust the main plot group of characters into a new shape and press on, we’re here to have fun and so fun is what we’ll have.

I am going to wrap up Sunday asap so lets try to tail off the current scenes (say over this weekend) and at the start of next week I’ll set up a school day. If people have time to post intensely over the weekend that is fine, go for it but be aware that on Tuesday I’m pulling the plug on this Sunday scene.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.23.2008, 06:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Heheheh… Hibiki needs his own RPG, he’s got enough characters.

05.23.2008, 11:32 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Really like the roleplaying.
Have been able to read quite frequently since ive gotten to tokyo.
End of thread 3 and most of thread 4.

Btw, I know this is nitpicking, but the word is Hazukashii. I think there was a typo in there. Also, if you want to add that, what it mostly refers to is embarrassment. In fact I have never heard it in the shyness context, (though it might be used there).

Words I know to express shyness are "kiga yowai" (気が 弱い/きが よわい), which literally translates to something akin to "does not express feelings strongly/openly". Its not a dictionary translation but rather my own attempt at doing so, so I might be a little off, but it seems more accurate than hazukashii, especially if that does (as I believe) refer mainly to embarrassment.

Another word, possibly even more fitting, is "naikouteki" (内向的/ないこうてき), which as far as I understand, translates as introverted.

Just some feedback. Feel free to use... or not.

05.23.2008, 11:43 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, that’s good stuff. My problem is I don’t know Japanese much at all and had to rely on an online dictionary, and you’re right it’s hazukashii, my typo. Not wanting to ask another player for fear of giving things away I went with that. Na-chan has used Hazu-Hi to refer to him several times already so unfortunately I can’t change it. But if Hazukashii means “embarrassed” that’s almost as appropriate I think. The definitions I got from the dictionary were:

hazukashii = ashamed
hazukashii = embarrassed
hazukashii = shy (adj)

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.23.2008, 11:58 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it's too late to go back and change it... but it's close enough, right?

05.23.2008, 11:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The main thing is I hope it’s true! I spent ages thinking about every character in the game and deciding what one single word best described them. I think shyness/embarrassed sums up Hibiki. This single characteristic is important, it needs to be an emotion or a tendency and in a way each makes each student one ingredient in a big recipe (big hint).

05.23.2008, 12:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, if you think that embarrassed also fits your character, then yeah.

quote:
The definitions I got from the dictionary were:
hazukashii = ashamed
hazukashii = embarrassed
hazukashii = shy (adj)

The first two are definitely right. The last, I think, refers to, if shy and embarrassed were two circles in a venn diagram, the point where they overlap.
They share properties, but are effectively very different.

However, if embarrassed is also fitting to hibiki, thats fine.

btw, if you do need help you can always ask me (or roar, i guess).
I mean, my japanese is okay-ish, not more than every-day conversational level, but there are many words (due to the completely different structure of japanese to - well - any european language) that cannot be exactly translated.
If you check for an exact translation you might only get the next-best answer, which in some cases (as we just saw) can be at least a little off.
I might be able to help with giving you something closer to what youre looking for.

05.23.2008, 12:16 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm... I'm just trying to think how Kaz would react in the situation he's in ATM, I'm trying to remember... that manuscript they found in the library, that mentioned Mihariban didn't it? In connection with the shadows?

My Anime List

05.23.2008, 01:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Should I wait for NC to post or just do one on my own? I think it might be best for a follow up question their between the two girls and I really dont have anything to make much of a post, so yeah.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.23.2008, 01:14 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

@ Kaz : Yes, that's why Sadoru used that word. Its an unknown word in school, everyone else just talks about "shadows", its only been used in the manuscript as far as I know, so Kazuo would know it.

@ Miyrru : I guess, although that scene is pretty disjointed isn't it with comments flying about all over. Not sure if a proper sequence is even in there... ? I'm just keen to see all these convos press on to some kind of conclusion so I can switch to a school day early next week.

05.23.2008, 02:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah, Kazuo, you jump the gun so much! Sadoru will get there, patience dear boy, patience!

I'm hopeless, have Sadoru and Kazuo EVER discussed the Shadows before? I don't recall them doing so, or even hung out in a group that has, but I could be wrong. I'm losing track of what I know (so to speak).

If I am wrong lets just assume that so much interesting stuff got crammed into Sadoru's experiences yesterday and last night that like Homer Simpson the new stuff pushed the old stuff out.

@ Hikari & Maho : You two are so cute! Such cute thoughts. I can see a spin-off anime show just for these two!

05.24.2008, 03:42 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hm, three in a row. Never mind.

Just to let you all know that the people who can see the person who has suddenly appeared in the room have been informed by PM, if you haven't had a PM from me regarding this, then as far as your character is concerned, he doesn't exist.

05.24.2008, 10:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

As to your earlier previous post Saddles, I'm pretty sure Sadoru and Kaz have never discussed the Shadows or been both present in a discussion about the Shadows.

My Anime List

05.24.2008, 10:41 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Okay, thanks.

05.24.2008, 10:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks