QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Music
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Music » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.31.08
  MusicPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gonzo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can anyone suggest any good animes with good music. Something similar to SEL or Death Note.

08.02.2008, 01:53 PM Gonzo is offline   Profile for Gonzo Add Gonzo to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Umm... I just like Azumanga Daioh, and it's music... but you know. Hah, I am just far too much of an Azumanga Daioh fan.

08.02.2008, 06:08 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Yubaba
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.02.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yubaba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Planet ES has pretty good music. :3

08.02.2008, 08:07 PM Yubaba is offline   Profile for Yubaba Add Yubaba to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought Honey and Clover (which was recently scientifically verified of being the greatest anime of all time) made terrific use of music, both as background music as well as songs. This series was one of the few I've seen where the opening and ending songs aren't cliched or repetitive, but very atmospheric and contributing a lot to the show itself because of the way they were used (the song usually began as the final seconds of the show were drawing to a close, rather than after the show was finished). The background music during the show usually echoed the melodies of these songs, which made it feel very cohesive. A great example of music being used in anime well, which is all too rare.

08.03.2008, 12:32 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cowboy Bebop has the coolest music ever, though I doubt it's similar to the two series you mentioned. It's mostly jazz, with a few other styles thrown in for good measure. None of it is traditional soundtrack stuff.

The music is probably the best part of the show.

08.03.2008, 02:13 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just watched a bit of H20~ Footprints in the Sand, which was very, very, very good, and had rather nice music, so yeah!

08.03.2008, 02:54 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Gonzo
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.31.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gonzo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, I'll check them out.

08.03.2008, 02:56 AM Gonzo is offline   Profile for Gonzo Add Gonzo to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tsubasa Chronicle has a lovely soundtrack. Four OST CDs and counting LOL. The early ones are best.

My Anime List

08.03.2008, 05:24 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks